FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Searching for specific "All day" string

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By patrickneil, Member on 8th July 2019, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I'm looking for a hand tracking down a specific string I'd like to change with Substratum. It's the words "All day" in my Samsung Always On Display's Events widget (default example attached). Samsung gives a nifty option to show your daily agenda on the Always On Display, and since I just want the weather and temperature on that screen, I use a Tasker task to create a calendar event every hour with the temperature and conditions. But it would be a lot cleaner if I could hide the text "All day".

The trouble is that it gets the data from somewhere else. So I looked through all the strings in the Always On Display app, com.samsung.android.app.aodservice.apk and the Samsung calendar app, com.samsung.android.calendar,
as well as the Calendar storage com.android.providers.calendar.apk, and found some specific "All day" strings, but none that affect the text I want to change. Any ideas about ways to track down strings are also appreciated! I've thought about using AppLocale2 to try to change the language of different apps for example, and see if it changes anything.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190707_203731.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	4788704  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)