FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Substratum theme left remnant apk in system/app but I can't delete it

922 posts
Thanks Meter: 484

By beartiger, Senior Member on 21st February 2019, 04:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I installed substratum with root access via magisk and tried to install a systemui theme for the fingerprint scanner on my oneplus 6t. The theme didn't take so I removed overlays (just in case) uninstalled overlays then uninstalled the theme and them substratum as well. When I look in /system/app I see a file _com.somefilename.apk that relates to the theme I installed. I cannot delete this file as it says device or resource busy.

It's taking up 15mb so I want rid of this but I can't work out how. Substratum seemed to think I have no themes installed or active at the point I uninstalled it.

Please help

21st February 2019, 06:27 PM |#2  
Flag Hanover, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartiger

I installed substratum with root access via magisk and tried to install a systemui theme for the fingerprint scanner on my oneplus 6t. The theme didn't take so I removed overlays (just in case) uninstalled overlays then uninstalled the theme and them substratum as well. When I look in /system/app I see a file _com.somefilename.apk that relates to the theme I installed. I cannot delete this file as it says device or resource busy.

It's taking up 15mb so I want rid of this but I can't work out how. Substratum seemed to think I have no themes installed or active at the point I uninstalled it.

Please help

I'm guessing the file is locked by Android OS. You could try deleting it in recovery via ADB on a computer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
21st February 2019, 06:29 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid0057

I'm guessing the file is locked by Android OS. You could try deleting it in recovery via ADB on a computer.

I thought of that but when I mounted system in TWRP I couldn't find the file in the location. I'm not very well versed in the Linux fs and so don't know if maybe it's symlinked or something like that.
21st February 2019, 08:28 PM |#4  
Flag Hanover, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:

I thought of that but when I mounted system in TWRP I couldn't find the file in the location. I'm not very well versed in the Linux fs and so don't know if maybe it's symlinked or something like that.

Sorry I'm also not much help beyond that suggestion. Maybe it's created on boot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
28th May 2019, 08:24 PM |#5  
Flag Omicron Persei 8
Thanks Meter: 181

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you're using magisk, open magisk manager's settings and switch to "core only mode" then reboot, and try deleting it again. Magisk can't mount the system as read/write properly if you have any modules running. This might be the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)