FORUMS

[OS] Mint4Kitchen - A Kitchen ready version of Linux Mint 19

2,423 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,499

By SuperR., Recognized Developer on 11th January 2018, 01:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mint4Kitchen
A Linux Mint 19 distro with all the things you need to get the kitchen working easily.

This was created using the official Linux Mint 19 iso. It is basically an updated and repacked version of the original iso image.

Here are the changes from standard Linux Mint:
  • All dependencies are met for easy kitchen install
  • SuperRs-Kitchen installer/launcher is a pre-installed app
  • Thunderbird, and LibreOffice have been removed
It should work in VM, usb live boot, or dvd. Launch SuperRs-Kitchen ("S" icon) from the panel or the app drawer to get started

NOTE: The Installer will not work in Live boot.

Download:
Mint4Kitchen-19-2-cinnamon-64bit.iso
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SuperR. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2018, 01:13 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Invisible

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperR. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2018, 03:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 852

Donate to Me
More
These are phenomenal! Nice job, @SuperR.

Sent from my N9515 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bcrichster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bcrichster Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 08:03 PM |#4  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Which is better? Linux4kitchen or mint4kitchen?
14th January 2018, 08:08 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer
Invisible

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename:acero

Which is better? Linux4kitchen or mint4kitchen?

They both function exactly the same. It only depends on your preference.

If you like Ubuntu, you should use Ubuntu4Kitchen. If you like Linux Mint, you should use Mint4Kitchen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperR. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2018, 05:45 AM |#6  
Flag Naval

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperR.

They both function exactly the same. It only depends on your preference.

If you like Ubuntu, you should use Ubuntu4Kitchen. If you like Linux Mint, you should use Mint4Kitchen

Thabm you for this. Gonna try this. Im planning to have the dnta version as long as my budget/savings reach 15$

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

One more thing. This includes the updates and patches of linux mint? No need to update this via instalation?
15th January 2018, 05:50 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Invisible

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thabm you for this. Gonna try this. Im planning to have the dnta version as long as my budget/savings reach 15$

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

One more thing. This includes the updates and patches of linux mint? No need to update this via instalation?

It is up to date as of the upload date on the file. Both distributions have their own updaters that will keep you up to date after install. It is exactly the same as Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperR. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2018, 05:56 AM |#8  
Flag Naval

More
Quote:

It is up to date as of the upload date on the file. Both distributions have their own updaters that will keep you up to date after install. It is exactly the same as Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

The updates like codecs and patches? Wow thank you. Googled linux mint. Need the patches as their is a meltdown.
15th January 2018, 07:36 PM |#9  
Flag Naval

More
Tested right now and already flashed a new rom for my device. This is better and also much faster than ubuntu. Thank you so much for this.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also did you tweak the OS? And added some tweaks for this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to problemathic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift problemathic Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 07:42 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer
Invisible

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tested right now and already flashed a new rom for my device. This is better and also much faster than ubuntu. Thank you so much for this.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also did you tweak the OS? And added some tweaks for this?

No tweaks. The only changes I made are mentioned in the OP. This is still Linux Mint, but with kitchen dependencies pre-installed. The Linux Mint updater will keep your Mint install up to date, and the kitchen updater will keep the kitchen up to date
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperR. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2018, 07:57 PM |#11  
Flag Naval

More
Quote:

No tweaks. The only changes I made are mentioned in the OP. This is still Linux Mint, but with kitchen dependencies pre-installed. The Linux Mint updater will keep your Mint install up to date, and the kitchen updater will keep the kitchen up to date

Will you implement tweaking in the future? This is a nice OS though. Hope you could spend time tweaking the OS and optimize it for better use.
The Following User Says Thank You to problemathic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift problemathic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)