FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,021
 
By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2017, 07:32 PM |#10511  
Surge1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 6,913
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Root is only a security hole if you see it from the perspective of Google. Not having root and not having control over my data is a security hole from my perspective as a device owner.

So much this.

When you don't have control over your own security, you really can't even gauge how secure your device really is, yeah qcom and Google totes have my security in their hands, pretty arrogant for a non security based company. I still get "YOU'RE A WINNER!" pop ups in chrome mobile, and these guys control my security, I'm totes secure (sarcasm). It's like not being able to opt out of McAfee when installing flash in windows, then it running with admin privileges.

I'm more worried about chimera, gms, qcoms services, is etc.

When I helped substratum go rootless, I was majorly disappointed in myself.
It was the single hugest bummer of my life.

(late reply, I know)

/end off-topic lol

(also half of the above is meant to be humorous, trying to see if we can actually get a cf "lol", dude never laughs)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1223 Ad-Free
 
 
17th June 2017, 08:46 PM |#10512  
guitar1238751's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 1,454
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

So much this.

When you don't have control over your own security, you really can't even gauge how secure your device really is, yeah qcom and Google totes have my security in their hands, pretty arrogant...

Lol, well said man. I agree with you. It's one of the main reasons I run arch instead windows. First thing I always do across all my devices is root.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitar1238751 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitar1238751 Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 09:02 PM |#10513  
mrrocketdog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,580
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223


(also half of the above is meant to be humorous, trying to see if we can actually get a cf "lol", dude never laughs)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app

dude cant even find his shirt. aint got no time for lol's.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 10:44 PM |#10514  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
a very weird problem on the Pixel :

root checker says i have root , but all rooted apps don't work properly ( Adaway , emojiswitcher )
17th June 2017, 11:11 PM |#10515  
ecsnead69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 319
 
More
Anyone else having problems getting AdAway to install hosts in systemless mode with this release?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to ecsnead69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecsnead69 Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 11:17 PM |#10516  
Senior Member
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,318
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsnead69

Anyone else having problems getting AdAway to install hosts in systemless mode with this release?

If you're using SuperSu then why use systemless adaway? Isn't magisk what you would want if you want to leave the system alone? If you wish to use adaway systemlessly with supersu then go to the adaway thread and search systemless and you should find a link to a mod that makes adaway work systemlessly with supersu.

Edit: Here is the link to systemless hosts for adaway to work systemlessly with supersu for you.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911977059
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVILOPS 007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DEVILOPS 007 Ad-Free
17th June 2017, 11:37 PM |#10517  
mrrocketdog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,580
 
More
g*dd*mnit. nevermind.
17th June 2017, 11:49 PM |#10518  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 731
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsnead69

Anyone else having problems getting AdAway to install hosts in systemless mode with this release?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

If you're using SuperSu then why use systemless adaway? Isn't magisk what you would want if you want to leave the system alone? If you wish to use adaway systemlessly with supersu then go to the adaway thread and search systemless and you should find a link to a mod that makes adaway work systemlessly with supersu.

Edit: Here is the link to systemless hosts for adaway to work systemlessly with supersu for you.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911977059

You do *NOT* need this additional script for systemless Adaway anymore. Not for a very long time. It's built into the app. Just use the newest release and check the systemless option in Adaway settings (for supersu , different method for Magisk).
@ecsnead69, if you still need help, the Adaway thread is pretty active.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
19th June 2017, 09:38 AM |#10519  
j1gga84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,117
 
More
@Chainfire
Okay I had the same strange behaviour on my Galaxy S5 (klte) than on my Galaxy Tab S (T805) when I flashed N (official ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3).
I flashed SuperSU 2.82 SR1 in the recovery because latest RR build comes without root.
Now the external SD is not visible and accessible via file browsers and I get a message about the external SD in the status bar.
I removed SuperSU inside the app, rebooted to recovery and installed 2.82 final, now the external SD is visible and accessible without any issues and the message about the external SD does not appear.
I don't know it you can reproduce this behavior.

Regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
19th June 2017, 06:30 PM |#10520  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 2,233
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gga84

@Chainfire
Okay I had the same strange behaviour on my Galaxy S5 (klte) than on my Galaxy Tab S (T805) when I flashed N (official ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3).
I flashed SuperSU 2.82 SR1 in the recovery because latest RR build comes without root. Now the external SD is not visible and accessible via file browsers and I get a message about the external SD in the status bar. I removed SuperSU inside the app, rebooted to recovery and installed 2.82 final, now the external SD is visible and accessible without any issues and the message about the external SD does not appear. I don't know it you can reproduce this behavior. Regards, Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Are you referring to the Adoptable Storage Notification (example image attached)?


***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1497893276335.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4187207  
20th June 2017, 08:58 AM |#10521  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 86,021
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

(also half of the above is meant to be humorous, trying to see if we can actually get a cf "lol", dude never laughs)

Nonsense, I was mildly amused by something just last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

If you're using SuperSu then why use systemless adaway? Isn't magisk what you would want if you want to leave the system alone? If you wish to use adaway systemlessly with supersu then go to the adaway thread and search systemless and you should find a link to a mod that makes adaway work systemlessly with supersu.

Gah, the misinformation that has been going on for ages. SuperSU is systemless itself, and includes components designed to allow developers to make systemless mods. Very few devs actually made use of that, but Systemless Xposed and Magisk actually started as exactly such mods. There have been systemless AdAway versions for a long time using that system. In fact, the code to make AdAway systemless on SuperSU was a one-liner.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes