FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,216 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,976

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2017, 04:16 PM |#10901  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 85,976

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Linux/Android kernels use the legacy LZ4 compression, set with lz4 -l in the latest builds. That's what any LZ4 ramdisks I've seen use as well, has that changed?

The O Developer Preview release on Pixel uses 'normal' lz4... Or at least it succeeds in booting with it recompressed in the new format. Anything else, I don't know.

If it doesn't work with a specific popular kernel that has an edition for one of my test devices, do let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th August 2017, 04:31 PM |#10902  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 24,791

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

The O Developer Preview release on Pixel uses 'normal' lz4... Or at least it succeeds in booting with it recompressed in the new format. Anything else, I don't know.

If it doesn't work with a specific popular kernel that has an edition for one of my test devices, do let me know.

When you get the chance, can you test to see if if it boots repacked with no changes with my Android Image Kitchen? It will use the legacy LZ4 to recompress and re-sign with AVB using AOSP testkeys (will be switched to the proper AOSP verity keys in the next release). I'm curious whether things are backwards compatible where they might not be forward compatible.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's just the kernel that's compressed with LZ4 in Pixel's ODP, not the ramdisk. You'll probably want to support the legacy format though, since that's what Linux uses and the reason it's still included in LZ4:

Code:
 -l     : compress using Legacy format (Linux kernel compression)
13th August 2017, 04:41 PM |#10903  
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
For my HTC 10 version SR2 works ok with no bug. I should install sr3?

"Live long and prosper"
13th August 2017, 04:54 PM |#10904  
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetxxx

For my HTC 10 version SR2 works ok with no bug. I should install sr3?

"Live long and prosper"

Yes, if sr2 ran sr3 will, too.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs
13th August 2017, 05:04 PM |#10905  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 2,187

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

If you want to configure something outside of the defaults, yes. Otherwise the SuperSU flash will just use the defaults, or old configuration options of the /data/.supersu file is still present.

Understood Big Guy! :thumbup:

1 last quick question...

I know that CyanogenMod is still being used but, does the Setting (within the SuperSU Settings) regarding the option to Respect CM Root Settings still only apply to CM? OR Does it also apply to the LineageOS Root Settings (even with LineageOS SU installed)?

***I had attached a supporting image reflecting that certain portion within the SuperSU Settings.***

Thank you very much!

Name:	SuperSU Settings - Respect CM Root.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	4240662  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
13th August 2017, 07:21 PM |#10906  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n

@Chainfire My 6P apparantly locked up a couple hours ago too with SR2. Syslog file attached. Don't know if it will help as too much time may have elapsed between the lockup and device shutdown, and me noticing and rebooting the device. Now booting into twrp and flashing SR3

Same issue with my Nexus 6 with SR2 pathfix.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
13th August 2017, 07:52 PM |#10907  
Thanks Meter: 476

More
I'm not using an N6. I'm using a 6P. Different device. For the moment no slowing or locking *crosses fingers*
14th August 2017, 12:49 AM |#10908  
Thanks Meter: 547

More
Was trying out suconfig, SR3 and suhide-lite on my Nexus 9!

Used latest flashfire to flash everything successfully, and passed safetynet!

Just note Busybox Pro and Adaway will need to be update for the new paths.
I used meefik busybox installer to get it on the right path.
Adaway no longer gives the option of systemless install.

With the above, I probably altered my system image, so wondering how it still passes safetynet,
14th August 2017, 01:00 AM |#10909  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkiejp

Was trying out suconfig, SR3 and suhide-lite on my Nexus 9!

Used latest flashfire to flash everything successfully, and passed safetynet!

Just note Busybox Pro and Adaway will need to be update for the new paths.
I used meefik busybox installer to get it on the right path.
Adaway no longer gives the option of systemless install.

With the above, I probably altered my system image, so wondering how it still passes safetynet,

Worked fine for me on a pixel xl. Flashed SuperSUconfig and SR3, Busybox (Stericson) and Adaway installed without any issues.
14th August 2017, 01:40 AM |#10910  
Thanks Meter: 863

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bggold

Worked fine for me on a pixel xl. Flashed SuperSUconfig and SR3, Busybox (Stericson) and Adaway installed without any issues.

@corkiejp
Adaway installed, but not in systemless mode. You can manually set it to run systemless. See page 1087, in this thread. 3rd post from bottom (and first post on 1088).
14th August 2017, 03:37 AM |#10911  
Flag Varese
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I have a very interesting issue on my Note 4 running Resurrection Remix 5.8.4... every time I try to use a root hiding method, my partitions get messed up, they are detected as "unmounted" and I can't edit any system files - my file manager says it's unable to mount /system. It happened with Magisk Hide, and now it's happening with SuHide... Does anybody have an explanation for this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)