FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,013

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2017, 05:27 AM |#11341  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will it solve the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii

Install the latest version, SuperSU v2.82-SR5 ...

Will it solve the issue?
Uninstalling current version(SR1-Super-SU-v2.78) and flashing again the latest version of SuperSU ?

9th October 2017, 06:37 AM |#11342  
Flag Danbury, CT
Thanks Meter: 597

More
No reason to uninstall. Just flash on top
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeDHS07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JakeDHS07 Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 06:52 AM |#11343  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

If you have a Locked Bootloader - You're not going to be able to Flash TWRP - You're not going to be able to Flash SuperSU - Depending on the device - There MAY be other options - But that's not the purpose of this Thread - Searching is your friend

Sent from my SM-G955W

i have the at&t device fullly modded in stock condition , that,s for i asked
9th October 2017, 06:54 AM |#11344  
Flag Sassenheim
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitanshu.vzard

I currently have Resurrection Remix-N-5.8.5 on my device.
I was not able to get root access in apps so I flashed SR1-Super-SU-v2.78 using TWPR.
The flash was successful but after my device booted up, both the sim card were not detected.
SuperSU was installed and is working fine. My WIFI is also working fine, it just that sim cards are not detected.

My phone is displaying Baseband version.
SIM 1 status : SIM not inserted
SIM 2 status : SIM not inserted

In IMEI information, it is showing IMEI (Slot 1) and IMEI SV (Slot 1) but IMEI and IMEI SV for (Slot 2) are Unknown.

I have a nandroid backup of the stage before I updated my ROM. Will restore using nandroid fix this issue?

How can I fix this? Please help.

[IMG]https://prnt.sc/guxx80[IMG]

Please see my approach, howeverut there is no guarantee it will work in your situation, please decide for yourself.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...are_pid=387003

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ko3st For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ko3st Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 07:01 AM |#11345  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii

Install the latest version, SuperSU v2.82-SR5 ...

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDHS07

No reason to uninstall. Just flash on top

Thanks a lot !! I flashed it on top and everything went back to normal both the sim cards were detected.
9th October 2017, 07:06 AM |#11346  
Flag Sassenheim
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitanshu.vzard

[/COLOR]

Thanks a lot !! I flashed it on top and everything went back to normal both the sim cards were detected.

Good for you. Glad things worked out for you!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
11th October 2017, 06:38 PM |#11347  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
On a Pixel XL
I'm having trouble getting SR5-2.82 installed with TWRP 3.1.1-1. I had it previously working with TWRP 3.1.1-0. Once I tried to flash 3.1.1-1, initally I had the problem of it returning to recovery.

Now I've:
  • flashed stock boot.img to both slots
  • fastboot boot twrp 3.1.1-1
  • install twrp 3.1.1-1 zip
  • install ElementalX-P-2.02
  • then install SR5-2.82 SuperSU.
Everything seems to work normally, but when I look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer it's not there.
TWRP and Elemental are installed properly.
Suhide and Flashfire can't detect root, but other apps like Titanium and RootChecker show it present. Oddly, safetynet passes. Is suhide somehow installed still?
deleted /data/adb/su/suhide
Any ideas? I've even flashed the flash-all.sh script without the -w flag... can't seem to get full root anymore.
11th October 2017, 06:59 PM |#11348  
Flag Danbury, CT

More
Sounds like you may have them hidden which was a feature of SUhide. Try hitting the volume up then volume down buttons three times in quick succession. That should add them back to the app tray.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JakeDHS07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JakeDHS07 Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 07:08 PM |#11349  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDHS07

Sounds like you may have them hidden which was a feature of SUhide. Try hitting the volume up then volume down buttons three times in quick succession. That should add them back to the app tray.

That was it... hours of my life wasted. I reinstalled suhide through twrp, then used the key combo. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comat0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift comat0se Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 08:48 PM |#11350  
Flag Danbury, CT

More
No problem. Yeah it was added because some apps can detect the SU application and then not work so this allows you to enable root for certain application then hide the actual SU apps while maintaining root for the already granted applications. But the implementation made it easy for those unaware to accidentally hide the apps imo. Glad I was able to help.
15th October 2017, 10:13 AM |#11351  
Flag Hyderabad

More
Built TWRP for Xiaomi Mi A1 - Android One phone with similar partition structure as Pixel.

1. If I boot twrp and flash Supersu, SuperSU working fine.
2. If I boot twrp, flash twrp installer, twrp is fine. But if I flash SuperSU, TWRP is gone, but SuperSU is working fine.

If I flash supersu, TWRP is not working.

TWRP and SuperSU are not coexisting. Any help?
The Following User Says Thank You to mahefooz4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mahefooz4u Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)