FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,140

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 01:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2017, 05:57 AM |#11461  
Toronto, Canada/Manassas, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 376

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlee928

awesome!

flashed it and got an error message that it couldnt mount... but phone is rooted... am i missing something?

also... does latest version of stericson busybox pro work with the latest supersu?

much thanks!

I don't use BusyBox but I had no issues flashing. All went as best to be expected.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free

14th November 2017, 07:05 AM |#11462  
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Quote:

awesome!

flashed it and got an error message that it couldnt mount... but phone is rooted... am i missing something?

also... does latest version of stericson busybox pro work with the latest supersu?

much thanks!

I switched from stericson to osm0sis' version, but checking the play store for stericson the latest "What's new" says "Added Busybox 1.27.2, also added support for systemless root within sbin (Oreo support)" so it should work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 08:14 PM |#11463  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

I switched from stericson to osm0sis' version, but checking the play store for stericson the latest "What's new" says "Added Busybox 1.27.2, also added support for systemless root within sbin (Oreo support)" so it should work.

got it. i suspect the issue is with how supersu was flashed. i started by doing a clean install of the nov update. then fastboot boot twrp, then flashed sr5. but got the error message that it didnt mount. any thoughts as to what the issue is here and/or potential solution? much thanks in advance

EDIT
so as a point of reference, i flashed sr1 pixelfix on my verizon google pixel xl and stericson busybox withthe october update with no issues (either supersu mounting or busybox).
14th November 2017, 11:14 PM |#11464  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2FTW

I don't believe SuperSU config is necessary any more...at least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere and it wasn't listed in the steps I followed to root my XL

Thanks. I use SuperSU config because it's needed for SUhide otherwise I can't use Netflix or Directvnow because they block you from using the services if they detect root.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:

awesome!

much thanks!

Same issue I had. Said mount was busy but root finally worked after a couple of tries.
14th November 2017, 11:21 PM |#11465  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defens23

Same issue I had. Said mount was busy but root finally worked after a couple of tries.

i am rooted also despite the error message. but because im having busybox issues, im wondering if that is stemming from the supersu error message...
15th November 2017, 04:32 PM |#11466  
Flag Mia
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defens23

Thanks. I use SuperSU config because it's needed for SUhide otherwise I can't use Netflix or Directvnow because they block you from using the services if they detect root.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

But I am using suhide to use Android pay and I didn't flash suconfig
15th November 2017, 04:39 PM |#11467  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2FTW

But I am using suhide to use Android pay and I didn't flash suconfig

If your using OREO, SBIN mode of supersu is the default, prior version you need suconfig to set that mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to corkiejp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corkiejp Ad-Free
15th November 2017, 07:31 PM |#11468  

More
Quote:

i am rooted also despite the error message. but because im having busybox issues, im wondering if that is stemming from the supersu error message...

so the only version of supersu that seems to mount properly for me is sr1 pixelfix.

see attached screenshots.

busybox installs properly with sr1 pixelfix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-15-12-18-58.png
Views:	956
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4333323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-15-12-13-26.png
Views:	960
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	4333324  
17th November 2017, 12:48 AM |#11469  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,490

More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxoom33

I am not sure the rooting procedure on the Pixel XL. I know on the Pixel 2 XL it is much more complex than just flashing​ the SU 282 SR 5.zip. In fact we don't even have a working TWRP yet. It is just in the Alpha stage. You should probably read some in your device threads.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

TWRP Beta image and zip are out today for the Pixel XL 2!
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 05:36 AM |#11470  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys

TWRP Beta image and zip are out today for the Pixel XL 2!

Unfortunately the Beta 1 and Beta 2 still having keyboard problems once installed.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
18th November 2017, 02:06 AM |#11471  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxoom33

Unfortunately the Beta 1 and Beta 2 still having keyboard problems once installed.

Tuck you and parsing trying to download twrp file funny)
The Following User Says Thank You to raymondbernard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raymondbernard Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)