FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,774

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2018, 02:13 PM |#11831  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 28,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Chainfire has retired and he no longer had ties to CCMT. It's really not appropriate to drag him back in at all.

But it would certainly be interesting to hear his opinion on it all if/when he is free to give it. I think he alluded to wanting to do so in one of his last posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd February 2018, 02:36 PM |#11832  
Thanks Meter: 1,455

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

But it would certainly be interesting to hear his opinion on it all if he is free to give it. I think he eluded to wanting to do so in one of his last posts.

I don't disagree I do however think it's inappropriate to post in a public manner suggesting people take action involving Chainfire. If the individual wanted to pursue that independently, then post the response, that would be different.

I think Chainfire also stated he was prohibited by contract, at least at this time, to voice opinions as it relates to SuperSu.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
3rd February 2018, 03:23 PM |#11833  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
So many of us have respect and admiration for the skills and knowledge of Chainfire, that it's disheartening to see SuperSU languishing and becoming more and more irrelevant in moving forward. It's been so key for so long. We still owe this guy a debt of gratitude and I'd welcome him moving back into this sphere when he feels it's right.
The Following User Says Thank You to srqrob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift srqrob Ad-Free
3rd February 2018, 05:03 PM |#11834  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 4,194

Donate to Me
More
For those of you who may not be aware of this (and those who don't perform a search for awareness either)...

The following thread was posted by @Chainfire just over a month ago regarding his thoughts and opinions.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=11744

Personally, I don't feel that it's respectful/fair to pin the direction that SuperSU has been going on Chainfire and the above post reflects this as well.

I truly believe that Chainfire's heart has been dropping every time issues arise without being addressed by CCMT.

Just my, personal, thoughts and opinions regarding this and I can just recommend that we all can just "hope for the best but, prepare for the worse".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
15th February 2018, 09:29 PM |#11835  
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Hello SuperSu experts, do someone know if it is possible to use a hashtag icon inside notification bar instead of the toast message when an app is granted root access? (similarly to Lineage OS)
16th February 2018, 03:39 PM |#11836  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,763

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

Hello SuperSu experts, do someone know if it is possible to use a hashtag icon inside notification bar instead of the toast message when an app is granted root access? (similarly to Lineage OS)

Not that I'm aware of. However, some ROMs present the status bar hash when root is active; also check for an Xposed module. With that feature present you could then disable SuperSU's toast. Just a thought...have never tested it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 12:00 AM |#11837  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Ok, a question trying to flash this. I just flashed the newest Feb update for my Pixel XL. The OS is working fine. When I go to try to flash this SuperSU 2.82 SR5 when it gets to "-Patching sepolicy" the very next line I get "---Failure, aborting".

I assume that this means something has changed in Google's newest image that is causing some issues? This is the first image in quite awhile where the SuperSU flash won't work. Can anyone help shed some light on what's going on? Thanks.
19th February 2018, 04:35 AM |#11838  
Flag Cheektowaga, NY
Thanks Meter: 851

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drashnar

Ok, a question trying to flash this. I just flashed the newest Feb update for my Pixel XL. The OS is working fine. When I go to try to flash this SuperSU 2.82 SR5 when it gets to "-Patching sepolicy" the very next line I get "---Failure, aborting".

I assume that this means something has changed in Google's newest image that is causing some issues? This is the first image in quite awhile where the SuperSU flash won't work. Can anyone help shed some light on what's going on? Thanks.

Really ?

Have you read any of the last few pages (or search) or did you just blindly post a question ?

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app
19th February 2018, 09:23 PM |#11839  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperx

Really ?

Have you read any of the last few pages (or search) or did you just blindly post a question ?

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I just posted a question. Didn't have time to do in depth researching, so I posted a question and left it at that. Can you point me to a specific post to go read? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
19th February 2018, 09:50 PM |#11840  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,973

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just posted a question. Didn't have time to do in depth researching, so I posted a question and left it at that. Can you point me to a specific post to go read? Thanks.

You can start with this post and move forward by Searching for "patching sepolicy" 😉🐧

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=74758476

Click image for larger version

Name:	19%20February%202018%20165019%20GMT-0500.jpg
Views:	1636
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	4425366

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 11:14 PM |#11841  
Flag Can see Houston from here
Thanks Meter: 1,702

More
Quote:

Of you don't have time to read the last couple pages or do a simple search, why should anyone else bother to spoon feed you?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pkelly517 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pkelly517 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)