FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,732
 
By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2018, 02:55 PM |#11931  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
please help

my phone (Note 3 Neo duos)rooted with cf root and i have TWRP recovery ,

when i opened super user app it says (The Superuser binary (su) must be updated)
i clicked yes , it requested to reeboot and asked if i am TWRP or CWM or normal ,i choose TRWP ,then it rebooted in TWRP and update occurs

but phone keeps open in TWRP even when i press on power button only .

how to solve please ??
thanks
 
 
14th April 2018, 03:00 PM |#11932  
ashyx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,056
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mask

please help

my phone (Note 3 Neo duos)rooted with cf root and i have TWRP recovery ,

when i opened super user app it says (The Superuser binary (su) must be updated)
i clicked yes , it requested to reeboot and asked if i am TWRP or CWM or normal ,i choose TRWP ,then it rebooted in TWRP and update occurs

but phone keeps open in TWRP even when i press on power button only .

how to solve please ??
thanks

Reflash TWRP. Next time choose Normal only and do not use any utilities to reboot your device to recovery.
14th April 2018, 03:34 PM |#11933  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,376
 
More
@Dr_Mask, it sounds like you have an older version of TWRP recovery that it's attempting to help this along. If your TWRP hasn't been updated since MM came out, it may be adding to your troubles.

If you flash SuperSu 2.82 SR5 in TWRP it should update the binary. Make sure to deny any pop-up from TWRP offering to do root updates/installs.



"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
15th April 2018, 07:16 AM |#11934  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
I have Galaxy S9+ (G965F) with latest TWRP 3.2.1.1. Flashed patched stock kernel that disables dm-verity, then flashed SuperSU 2.82 SR5.
At first it worked, but then, perhaps, after reboot when I start the app it just gets stuck on black screen.
If I clear app's data/cache, I see the initial green screen, but same back screen after pressing "Start" button.
Occasionally, once in a blue moon, I can open the app, but that's only until the next reboot.
I tried to see if there is anything obvious I can see in logcat (just ran "adb logcat"), but didn't notice anything interesting.
I then tried 'adb logcat "eu.chainfire.supersu:V" "*:S"', but didn't get anything.
Sorry for very little info, but not sure where else to look. Any suggestions? Thanks!
15th April 2018, 11:11 AM |#11935  
ashyx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,056
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vponomarev

I have Galaxy S9+ (G965F) with latest TWRP 3.2.1.1. Flashed patched stock kernel that disables dm-verity, then flashed SuperSU 2.82 SR5.
At first it worked, but then, perhaps, after reboot when I start the app it just gets stuck on black screen.
If I clear app's data/cache, I see the initial green screen, but same back screen after pressing "Start" button.
Occasionally, once in a blue moon, I can open the app, but that's only until the next reboot.
I tried to see if there is anything obvious I can see in logcat (just ran "adb logcat"), but didn't notice anything interesting.
I then tried 'adb logcat "eu.chainfire.supersu:V" "*:S"', but didn't get anything.
Sorry for very little info, but not sure where else to look. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Maybe the kernel isn't compatible with your current firmware or you are hitting encryption issues.
You'd be better off flashing the stock firmware then flashing the dm-verity/encryption patch to patch the stock boot image.
Be aware you will need to Format the data partition.
19th April 2018, 12:28 PM |#11936  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
Donate to Me
More
Anyone aware of a trwp flashable version that will work on LOS 15.1 (LG G5 H830)? It reaches setup, freezes and then loops.
19th April 2018, 02:26 PM |#11937  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro1977

Anyone aware of a trwp flashable version that will work on LOS 15.1 (LG G5 H830)? It reaches setup, freezes and then loops.

Answered in the stable thread where you also posted.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
20th April 2018, 06:25 PM |#11938  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Dears,
I try to use SuperSU v2.82 SR5 on a Pixel (sailfish) with Android P Preview factory image.
Unfortunatly I have the message:
- Patching sepolicy
--- Failure, aborting

In attachment the recovery.log file.

Thanks i nadvance for your help !
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (117.7 KB, 2 views)
20th April 2018, 06:40 PM |#11939  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,796
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zongojim

Dears,
I try to use SuperSU v2.82 SR5 on a Pixel (sailfish) with Android P Preview factory image...

I don't have this device but, I did a quick search within your device dedicated area on the forum and I had located the following thread post that reflects the same issue that your having with a solution that member had found which may be helpful for you as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=74751877

If you have any issues, questions or concerns regarding that, try posting the question to that member within that thread. He, or someone else, may be able to provide some additional member guidance to help you out.

Good Luck!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
20th April 2018, 07:39 PM |#11940  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,054
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zongojim

Dears,
I try to use SuperSU v2.82 SR5 on a Pixel (sailfish) with Android P Preview factory image.
Unfortunatly I have the message:
- Patching sepolicy
--- Failure, aborting

In attachment the recovery.log file.

Thanks i nadvance for your help !

SU will not work, and it is no longer being developed. You need to use Magisk for root.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonikJDK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TonikJDK Ad-Free
20th April 2018, 09:18 PM |#11941  
xell75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 529
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK

SU will not work, and it is no longer being developed. You need to use Magisk for root.

R.I.P SuperSU on Android 9.0+.. That sucks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes