FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,775
 
By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2018, 05:59 AM |#12091  
GuardianUSMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Area 51.2
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

@GuardianUSMC Long-shot, but you're using suhide-lite as well, right? Have you checked if you've accidentally hidden the SuperSU GUI? It's a volume button combination, I believe. Can't remember what... It's in the suhide-lite thread somewhere.

Well now that brings me a ray of hope, no I did not know that and while I don't see how I would have done that, by all means I am willing to consider it. If you know where, would appreciate the link but since you mentioned in the suhide thread I will begin digging for it, thank you.

UPDATE: Found it and did it, but all it did was hide and unhide suhide itself but not supersu.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuardianUSMC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuardianUSMC Ad-Free
 
 
11th June 2018, 04:37 PM |#12092  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianUSMC

Well now that brings me a ray of hope, no I did not know that and while I don't see how I would have done that, by all means I am willing to consider it. If you know where, would appreciate the link but since you mentioned in the suhide thread I will begin digging for it, thank you.

UPDATE: Found it and did it, but all it did was hide and unhide suhide itself but not supersu.

I was having the same issue with supersu not being found and root there. The same issue you described. It all started after I moved to unofficial Lineage 15.1 from Pblock.
What fixed it for me was what someone suggested in a previous post. I extracted the APK and installed it. I opened it right away and got it going. And then I restarted the phone and everything seems normal now
11th June 2018, 10:03 PM |#12093  
GuardianUSMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Area 51.2
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locura18

I was having the same issue with supersu not being found and root there. The same issue you described. It all started after I moved to unofficial Lineage 15.1 from Pblock.

I am on stock though, that's the kicker. But willing to try what you suggested, who knows it might still apply.

Quote:

What fixed it for me was what someone suggested in a previous post. I extracted the APK and installed it. I opened it right away and got it going. And then I restarted the phone and everything seems normal now

Forgive the ignorance, but I am not quite certain what you mean by extracted the APK and installed? You mean the APK from the zip file and then install manually? If so, that's already been done and each time it actually kills the root. Funny thing is that looking at the SU script, I see that it copies it to the base.apk and that is present, so it should be working fine. In fact, I compared this device to the other that had no issues, and all files, permissions and locations are the same, so that makes it even more frustrating. If that's not what you mean, can you elaborate please? Thanks.
11th June 2018, 10:18 PM |#12094  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianUSMC

I am on stock though, that's the kicker. But willing to try what you suggested, who knows it might still apply.


Forgive the ignorance, but I am not quite certain what you mean by extracted the APK and installed? You mean the APK from the zip file and then install manually? If so, that's already been done and each time it actually kills the root. Funny thing is that looking at the SU script, I see that it copies it to the base.apk and that is present, so it should be working fine. In fact, I compared this device to the other that had no issues, and all files, permissions and locations are the same, so that makes it even more frustrating. If that's not what you mean, can you elaborate please? Thanks.

Yes. I extracted the APK from the zip file.
I had flashed the zip file. And I kept it there. It was showing root, but couldn't find the app anywhere. So I then extracted the APK and installed it. And things went back to normal after doing that.
11th June 2018, 10:41 PM |#12095  
GuardianUSMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Area 51.2
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locura18

Yes. I extracted the APK from the zip file.
I had flashed the zip file. And I kept it there. It was showing root, but couldn't find the app anywhere. So I then extracted the APK and installed it. And things went back to normal after doing that.

Ok, that's what I thought, no I have done that already to no avail.
12th June 2018, 12:01 AM |#12096  
jazzruby's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 726
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianUSMC

Ok, that's what I thought, no I have done that already to no avail.

Have you tried starting the UI with Activity Manager and then go to settings and set launcher icon?
Open a terminal and type:

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n eu.chainfire.supersu/.MainActivity

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk
13th June 2018, 10:56 PM |#12097  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 4,196
 
Donate to Me
More
I had stated the following information on the SuperSU Stable thread and just wanted to pass this along here since it applies to this thread as well.

Regarding the apk (specifically) downloads that was within the AFH link I had previously provided on the following post within the SuperSU Stable thread...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=76650463

... there's apk files that are labeled "Beta" and such (that Chainfire had only provided via the flashable zip) were the actual apk files that were located within those zip files and I had just labeled the apk's accordingly.

So all of the apk files for a version that was only available via the flashable zip files were extracted from those said files and just appropriately labeled/renamed accordingly.

Just an FYI... None of the downloads from the AFH link was modified at all and I had only provided the link for those who have been experiencing difficulties with the Chainfire download links (as an alternative).

I hope that I had explained this okay via text...

Enjoy! :thumbup:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 04:10 AM |#12098  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Dear sir
Sorry for my bad English . After installing this magisk , how can update monthly update ?? Or installing monthly ota zip?? At the moment running stock rom 7.1.1 Nexus 6 . I would like flash to Oct 2017 security update. Can I use flashfire pls help
Thnk in advance.
21st June 2018, 08:46 AM |#12099  
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 549
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1266

Dear sir
Sorry for my bad English . After installing this magisk , how can update monthly update ?? Or installing monthly ota zip?? At the moment running stock rom 7.1.1 Nexus 6 . I would like flash to Oct 2017 security update. Can I use flashfire pls help
Thnk in advance.

Wrong thread.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) Plus mit Tapatalk
21st June 2018, 10:12 AM |#12100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
From time to time I lose root without having changed anything and have to flash supersu again. Why is that? (Nexus 5X, LineageOS 15.1, ElementalX-N5X-6.06 )
21st June 2018, 10:38 AM |#12101  
cnjax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,025
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurze12

From time to time I lose root without having changed anything and have to flash supersu again. Why is that? (Nexus 5X, LineageOS 15.1, ElementalX-N5X-6.06 )

I believe lineage uses its own root in its builds you should probably seek help in the lineage thread

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes