FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,021

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2014, 06:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm so sad, 1.9.4 stable but after that, whatever I did, keep su binary update rooting... I don't know what problem my device have. Lenovo s930 (kitkat4.4.2). normal update su binary makes me break root, using twrp or cwm su binary update loop. I can use only 1.9.4 without problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhampire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhampire Ad-Free

9th September 2014, 07:40 AM |#12  
Flag Ferrara
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Not having KNOX disabled and using root in turn can also cause random reboots... so this is a tricky problem, not solved merely by not pressing that button. SuperSU keeps nagging you about it, because really, you have to do this.

Hi Chainfire and thanks for reply,
I know that the random reebots can happen also on not modified firmware (without root), but in the Italian forum androidiani.com (http://www.androidiani.com/forum/mod...-s4-i9505.html) some user report that after the root and Knox Disabled via SuperSU, the Galaxy S4 start to make random reebots, and before to do the root on the same firmware they have never seen a reboot, this is the reason why I ask you to give to the user the possibility to disable the Samsung KNOX popup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Have you tried completely removing the com.sec.knox.seandroid package from your device?

No, but if Knox doesn't make any problem on my device, is it really necessary to disable it? Maybe someone want to use it.
9th September 2014, 08:00 AM |#13  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cioce

Hi Chainfire and thanks for reply,
I know that the random reebots can happen also on not modified firmware (without root), but in the Italian forum androidiani.com (http://www.androidiani.com/forum/mod...-s4-i9505.html) some user report that after the root and Knox Disabled via SuperSU, the Galaxy S4 start to make random reebots, and before to do the root on the same firmware they have never seen a reboot, this is the reason why I ask you to give to the user the possibility to disable the Samsung KNOX popup.

I'm not talking about not having root at all. The problem (as I understand it) is caused by having any packages at all in a "disabled" state. This may ultimately cause a crash which triggers a reboot.

At the same time, keeping that package enabled in combination with root, will break various root commands, which you may not even notice (root apps will just appear to randomly fail and be unreliable) which in turn is also known to cause reboots.

Quote:

No, but if Knox doesn't make any problem on my device, is it really necessary to disable it? Maybe someone want to use it.

Just because you haven't noticed the issue doesn't mean it isn't there. As for using it, having root prevents KNOX from working anyway.

The point is, solving this problem is not as easy as making that popup optional.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 08:01 AM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhampire

I'm so sad, 1.9.4 stable but after that, whatever I did, keep su binary update rooting... I don't know what problem my device have. Lenovo s930 (kitkat4.4.2). normal update su binary makes me break root, using twrp or cwm su binary update loop. I can use only 1.9.4 without problem.

Please clarify what happens in the following circumstances:

- in-app binary update: normal, and reboot
Keeps saying binary needs updating? Or also results in bootloop?

- in-app binary update: TWRP/CWM
Bootloop?

- latest flashable ZIP with TWRP/CWM
Also bootloop?

It's strange if they don't all result in bootloops...

I know testing is very annoying for you because you need to reflash your system every failed test, but if you want to help solve this problem it's going to require some work.

First test:
- If you have SuperSU 1.94 installed, use the "full unroot" option from settings to remove it.
- Reboot into CWM/TWRP
- Install the latest BETA ZIP but do not reboot
- Adb shell into the device
- "mount /system"
- "ls -l /system/xbin/*su*", post the output here
- "ls -lZ /system/xbin/*su*", post the output here
- Remove /system/app/Superuser.apk
- Reboot into Android
- See if there is a bootloop
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 09:15 AM |#15  

More
Sorry for my poor english. not bootloop. never bootloop. but su binary update loop -> need su binary update again on every boot after update su binary....continue...keep saying need update.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I also did full unroot before, and I can't root my device again (finally I flashed rom again).

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

When I choose normal su binary update, it makes broke root(unroot), and it also I can't root again, I have to flash rom finally.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

If 1.9.4, there are no problem like that. but only twrp use su binaly update. normal update makes unroot.
9th September 2014, 09:33 AM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I also did full unroot before, and I can't root my device again (finally I flashed rom again).

Not even using the full update ZIP linked in the first post of this thread? What happens then, still asks for binary update?

Quote:

When I choose normal su binary update, it makes broke root(unroot), and it also I can't root again, I have to flash rom finally.

Again, not even using the full update ZIP linked in the first post of this thread? What happens then, still asks for binary update?

Please:
- Install the attached version
- Update binaries at least once
- Reboot
- Post logcat (specifically looking for "[SuperSU][APK][Installer]" lines)
Attached Files
File Type: apk SuperSU-v2.06-installdebug.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.27 MB, 1132 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 09:37 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Version 2.06 installed on:

-Note SGH-I717 Android 4.0.3
-Note 3 SM-N900V Android 4.3

No problem.

With v2.04 and v2.05 on the Note, the SuperSU apps-list activity was stuck trying to display the list and the preferences activity froze the system while toggling survival mode, both only on the first run. With v2.06 this did not happen.

Was it a 'busybox' issue? I have two versions installed in different locations and there are significant differences. I use the better applets of each. Maybe developers should build a mini version containing only the applets they need to rely on and use it from their data directory.

Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Westlake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Westlake Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 09:41 AM |#18  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

Version 2.06 installed on:

-Note SGH-I717 Android 4.0.3
-Note 3 SM-N900V Android 4.3

No problem.

With v2.04 and v2.05 on the Note, the SuperSU apps-list activity was stuck trying to display the list and the preferences activity froze the system while toggling survival mode, both only on the first run. With v2.06 this did not happen.

Was it a 'busybox' issue? I have two versions installed in different locations and there are significant differences. I use the better applets of each. Maybe developers should build a mini version containing only the applets they need to rely on and use it from their data directory.

No it was not a busybox issue, it was an odd bug somewhere in the binary
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 10:49 AM |#19  

More
Hi, Master.

Q:Again, not even using the full update ZIP linked in the first post of this thread? What happens then, still asks for binary update?
A: Yes.

I did this method.

- Reboot

The attached file is the log.txt (Is it enough? or wrong? If wrong please teach me easy way, I'm newbie)

Still continue to mention " Need Su Binary update".

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (168.3 KB, 249 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to dhampire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhampire Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 02:07 PM |#20  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, Master.

Q:Again, not even using the full update ZIP linked in the first post of this thread? What happens then, still asks for binary update?
A: Yes.

I did this method.

- Reboot

The attached file is the log.txt (Is it enough? or wrong? If wrong please teach me easy way, I'm newbie)

Still continue to mention " Need Su Binary update".

Regards.

Please confirm the app actually says 2.06

This logcat does not list the output I expect. Did you open SuperSU again after rebooting?

How did you make the logcat? "adb logcat > logcat.txt" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 12:17 AM |#21  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,321

More
@Chainfire SuperSU v2.06 works very fine with Android L test version on my Nexus 7 flo.

The only root apps that aren't working are Quick Boot and Titanium Backup. Quick Boot gets granted permission for an interactive shell, but nothing happens. TB can't recognize root access (it prompts in SuperSU window and I confirmed).

Would some logs be useful? I think my BusyBox might be the problem, it isn't working.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo / Android "L" test version
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)