FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.06.09] SuperSU v2.82 SR1

11,015 posts
Thanks Meter: 83,996

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2016, 07:56 PM |#6441  
Thanks Meter: 379

More
SuperSu: Boot image not found
SuperSu 2.65 and 2.74 gives me "Boot image not found" error when i flash it over CM12 ROM. It makes SuperSu not functioning. It ask me to update the binary, but it fails to update normal and it does not request TWRP to flash it. Some peoples said it solves the problem when flashing SuperSu 2.67 and up but still getting "Boot image not found" error

My device is Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini running CM12 by Maclaw. I have reported the logs to ROM developer, too.

Link to ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-12-1-t3071937

TWRP logs: http://pastebin.com/5Ai5T3Wb

17th June 2016, 10:38 PM |#6442  
Flag Camberley
Thanks Meter: 2

More

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Have you tried forcing a systemless install with 2.74?

Hi ktmon,
I haven't. Will find out how to do that and try it.
Thanks!
18th June 2016, 12:24 AM |#6443  
Carmel, In.
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgavioli

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Hi ktmon,
I haven't. Will find out how to do that and try it.
Thanks!

Look back about 5 posts.

Sent from my shamu using XDA Labs
18th June 2016, 07:56 AM |#6444  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 924

Donate to Me
More
hi, i heard that possible to use systemless root without ramdisk modification, it's true or no? I ask because I try to get root access on Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML(CPU Intel Atom Z3580) with android 6.0.1 via temporary CWM recovery, SuperSU flashed successfully, but device have not unlock bootloader method for 6.0.1 yet therefore device can't start after SuperSU ramdisk modification. If return stock boot.img device started but have not root. have solutions?
18th June 2016, 09:45 AM |#6445  
Thanks Meter: 489

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORETS24

hi, i heard that possible to use systemless root without ramdisk modification, it's true or no? I ask because I try to get root access on Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML(CPU Intel Atom Z3580) with android 6.0.1 via temporary CWM recovery, SuperSU flashed successfully, but device have not unlock bootloader method for 6.0.1 yet therefore device can't start after SuperSU ramdisk modification. If return stock boot.img device started but have not root. have solutions?

Where did you hear that? AFAIK for systemless the boot image has to be altered. There are two main reasons: SE Linux has to be patched AND the path to the su binary must be found. So in my opinion there is no chance to get root without modifying system (system mode) or boot image (systemless mode).
18th June 2016, 10:19 AM |#6446  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 924

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielletseed

Where did you hear that? AFAIK for systemless the boot image has to be altered. There are two main reasons: SE Linux has to be patched AND the path to the su binary must be found. So in my opinion there is no chance to get root without modifying system (system mode) or boot image (systemless mode).

1.I hear on 4pda in thread about Nexus.
2. I suppose, that if i try to get root on 6.0.1 by system mode I get boot loop?
3. Therefore in my case i have no chance to get root without unlock bootloader?
18th June 2016, 04:44 PM |#6447  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have a French Lg G3 with official Marshmallow software 30c and if i root then radio fm doesn't work... Any solution?
18th June 2016, 08:53 PM |#6448  
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_strife84

I have a French Lg G3 with official Marshmallow software 30c and if i root then radio fm doesn't work... Any solution?

I have a N6 so no experience with your phone. I did a quick Google search though and it looks like fm radio functionality is carrier, kernel and ROM dependant. This thread is focused on the beta version of the SuperSU app. I'm thinking you'll get more help in a LG G3 forum.
19th June 2016, 05:39 AM |#6449  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.

I just did a TWRP recovery on my Redmi Note 3 to change its ROM to Cyanogen ROM.

I read that I had to install the add-on back-up script for it to work smoothly. Bot, how do we install the add-on back-up script? I just installed SuperSU on my Redmi Note 3 and everything seems to be working alright and it also shows that the phone has been rooted. But I didn't get the "Install the add-on back-up script option?" when I opened SuperSU. Any idea what to do next or how to add the add-on back-up script?

Thanks.
19th June 2016, 05:52 AM |#6450  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 4,695

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint Kopite

Hello.

I just did a TWRP recovery on my Redmi Note 3 to change its ROM to Cyanogen ROM.

I read that I had to install the add-on back-up script for it to work smoothly. Bot, how do we install the add-on back-up script? I just installed SuperSU on my Redmi Note 3 and everything seems to be working alright and it also shows that the phone has been rooted. But I didn't get the "Install the add-on back-up script option?" when I opened SuperSU. Any idea what to do next or how to add the add-on back-up script?

Thanks.

SuperSU > Settings > Custom ROM > Install SuperSU backup script
19th June 2016, 11:33 AM |#6451  
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,541

More
Is anyone else getting random freezing with NP4 with SuperSU 2.74 installed in systemless mode? It was happening to me, did a complete wipe and started NP4 from scratch - there wasn't any freezing. Flashed SuperSU 2.74 last night and today I'm getting freezing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)