FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,027

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2016, 08:57 PM |#7101  
Thanks Meter: 1,004

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaman

hi
I'm on stable playstore version 2.78
can i flash this SR1 with flashfire over this?

thanks in advance

yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to ulxerker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ulxerker Ad-Free

15th September 2016, 08:58 PM |#7102  
Flag Blokker
Thanks Meter: 1,744

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaman

hi
I'm on stable playstore version 2.78
can i flash this SR1 with flashfire over this?

thanks in advance

Just did that! Works like charm! (CM13, Lenovo Moto G4 Plus).

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) with CM13 using Tapatalk!
The Following User Says Thank You to smitharro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smitharro Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 09:13 PM |#7103  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Im curious as to why cache isn't used instead of data to circumvent that issue if the command only has to be set once?

You can use /cache/.supersu if you want. It also works

I am hesitant to rely on /cache though. Many people wipe it out of habit. And some tools do automatically.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2016, 09:14 PM |#7104  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
All working here after updating.

Thanks
15th September 2016, 09:32 PM |#7105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can someone post link for SuperSU pro n its procedure?

Sent from my H7 using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th September 2016, 09:45 PM |#7106  
Thanks Meter: 2,072

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKudo98

Sent from: LG G4 MM 6.0 / SGS4 LP 5.0.1
15th September 2016, 09:46 PM |#7107  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,799

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKudo98

Go to the Google Play Store, buy SuperSU Pro, the Play Store will install it for you. Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 09:47 PM |#7108  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Just reading the release notes and not sure if it's me being paranoid but it says this latest release fixes a vulnerability to the kernel etc, this seems to have happened with the release that ccmt released with notifying @Chainfire and this new release has fixed the security risk.

Normally I wouldn't question this as I've used SuperSU for as long as I've had android but with the knowledge that an unknown Chinese company is in control and suddenly there is a security vulnerability in an app that can pretty much have few reign of your system begs the question as to the actual security behind this app anymore. We all know these Chinese dev companies are renowned for spamming apps or provide back door security issues in apps.

Like I said I may just be being paranoid and reading to much into this but it just raised the question as to how secure is this app becoming now it's in the hands of an invisible entity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamland2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreamland2000 Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 09:57 PM |#7109  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
I flashed it but don't see the supersu in app drawer and not in settings. I think it's not installing for me. I'm on PureNexus on 6p
15th September 2016, 10:30 PM |#7110  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland2000

Just reading the release notes and not sure if it's me being paranoid but it says this latest release fixes a vulnerability to the kernel etc, this seems to have happened with the release that ccmt released with notifying @Chainfire and this new release has fixed the security risk.

Normally I wouldn't question this as I've used SuperSU for as long as I've had android but with the knowledge that an unknown Chinese company is in control and suddenly there is a security vulnerability in an app that can pretty much have few reign of your system begs the question as to the actual security behind this app anymore. We all know these Chinese dev companies are renowned for spamming apps or provide back door security issues in apps.

Like I said I may just be being paranoid and reading to much into this but it just raised the question as to how secure is this app becoming now it's in the hands of an invisible entity.

Wot you talking about Willis? SuperSU is now a Chinese company?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th September 2016, 10:34 PM |#7111  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland2000

Just to be clear, I wrote the buggy code, and now I fixed it.

This conspiracy thing has gone far beyond healthy skepticism at this point, and I will not tolerate it in my threads.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)