FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.13] SuperSU Config [AROMA]

11,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,013

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 13th August 2017, 08:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2017, 06:43 PM |#61  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,155

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopalKaul

Yes, it will install as systemless, but not as SBIN.
SBIN mode is needed for Suhide to install. And yes, it will pass safety net for sure.
To clarify, if you are not on 8.x, you must run the command in the OP to get SuperSU installed in SBIN. SBIN is needed for Suhide to work....
Your welcome..

I think that you are posting on the wrong thread - The whole point of using this Aroma install is so that you don't have to run any commands - See this post and Confirmation by Chainfire

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=73386581

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 🇨🇦

22nd September 2017, 06:50 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 476

More
wrong topic
22nd September 2017, 06:51 PM |#63  
Flag Area 51.2
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopalKaul

Yes, it will install as systemless, but not as SBIN.
SBIN mode is needed for Suhide to install. And yes, it will pass safety net for sure.
To clarify, if you are not on 8.x, you must run the command in the OP to get SuperSU installed in SBIN. SBIN is needed for Suhide to work....
Your welcome..

Ok, thank you, so if I want to install suhide and I am on 7.x then I need to modify the install to force sbin which is not the default for non 8.x, got it, thank you again for your help, appreciate you taking the time to help clarify for me, I have read and read until my eyes bled but the cross talk and inconsistencies of each report made it a very confusing read, glad to have a handle on it now. Thank you again.
23rd September 2017, 03:21 AM |#64  
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianUSMC

Ok, thank you, so if I want to install suhide and I am on 7.x then I need to modify the install to force sbin which is not the default for non 8.x, got it, thank you again for your help, appreciate you taking the time to help clarify for me, I have read and read until my eyes bled but the cross talk and inconsistencies of each report made it a very confusing read, glad to have a handle on it now. Thank you again.

Yes it is correct! You can run the command or this AROMA flashable zip. Either will work..
26th September 2017, 10:31 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianUSMC

All you need to do is run the Aroma-SuperSUConfig and choose the SBIN option (at the bottom and used as the default for Oreo roms). Then install SuperSU and reboot your device. Once thats done, go back in to recovery and install the SuHide.zip and it should install with no issues at all (I find that it doesn't install if you don't do the reboot first).
26th September 2017, 08:57 PM |#66  
Flag Area 51.2
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmulli

All you need to do is run the Aroma-SuperSUConfig and choose the SBIN option (at the bottom and used as the default for Oreo roms). Then install SuperSU and reboot your device. Once thats done, go back in to recovery and install the SuHide.zip and it should install with no issues at all (I find that it doesn't install if you don't do the reboot first).

Thank you for driving it home, I have gotten it sorted out and using the echo method instead, no point in installing ASC for just one option, I can use the terminal window and then the rest is same as the past with the additional step of SH which shouldn't pose a problem, I always do a reboot between each step, even when technically unnecessary, call it my own little quirk.

I was going to do this past weekend but health and other obligations required me to not take my phone offline, plus I want to make the move from stock (since Google pretty much abandoned it since 7.1.1) and start with PA, but that means a clean install and not dirty flashing so means a lot of work putting everything back, so I need a good day that i can dedicate to it, and that has not come up for me yet not to mention I need to nail down a good gapps (prime candidate so far is beans' minimal but still trying to make sure that will work nicely with PA) so if you have any suggestions, would love to hear it without going to far off topic here. If you want, you can PM me so we can keep this thread on topic.
3rd October 2017, 08:43 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can someone help? I followed all the steps correctly.

AROMA > SU > Reboot > SUHIDE.

I keep getting an error code shown in the attachment. Click image for larger version

Name:	SUHide fail.png
Views:	614
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	4291474
3rd October 2017, 08:49 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 476

More
why don't you read the error. it states exactly what the problem is. SU found in /data/su.img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)