Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2016, 01:04 AM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster24

Huh I used a modified version of the latest TWRP from a member that allowed the system to be mounted read only as squashfs is a read only file system ie. The system image has to be rebuilt to make changes. I assumed that since supersu is now system less it those not require system access but maybe it those but I really didn't see the use of mounting it read only as it cannot make any changes to system. Will edit thread thanks for info.

The third time I flashed to get the log, I attempted to mount /system as read only, since it didn't mount properly otherwise. The onscreen messages looked the same anyway...successful flash, but could not mount /system. And upon leaving TWRP, it warned that no OS was installed. Nothing different for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, I will try your TWRP and report back.

UPDATE:
Your TWRP made all the difference:

Code:
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb uninstall eu.chainfire.supersu
Success
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb shell
shell@dory:/ $ su
root@dory:/ #
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficerJimLahey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OfficerJimLahey Ad-Free

22nd February 2016, 01:18 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJimLahey

The third time I flashed to get the log, I attempted to mount /system as read only, since it didn't mount properly otherwise. The onscreen messages looked the same anyway...successful flash, but could not mount /system. And upon leaving TWRP, it warned that no OS was installed. Nothing different for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, I will try your TWRP and report back.

UPDATE:
Your TWRP made all the difference:

Thank you!

No problem guess SuperSU those require system access to work it seems to be for SE Linux patching and also the build.prop
22nd February 2016, 04:48 PM |#13  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Quote:

<snip>
4.Boot to system and open Busybox on rails app and install busybox
<snip>

Thanks for this guide! Rooted AOK

This Step 4 is to install Busybox on Rails onto the phone? or Watch?
22nd February 2016, 04:50 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

Thanks for this guide! Rooted AOK

This Step 4 is to install Busybox on Rails onto the phone? or Watch?

Welcome and watch the whole process only requires pc and watch no phone involved. My modified supersu installer should have installed busybox on Rails app to the watch
The Following User Says Thank You to Xmaster24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xmaster24 Ad-Free
22nd February 2016, 04:58 PM |#15  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Quote:

Welcome and watch the whole process only requires pc and watch no phone involved. My modified supersu installer should have installed busybox on Rails app to the watch

got it. thanks again!!
23rd February 2016, 06:24 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Highly recommend everyone to get invisiblek's kernel its top notch gets rid of the horrible lag of 6.0.1's kernel And is fully supported by my root method so even better!
24th February 2016, 02:01 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app
1st March 2016, 10:47 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Where do supersu and busybox get installed
Quote:

Since the new wear has a read only system, where do the supersu and busybox get installed?
1st March 2016, 10:52 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganovim

Since the new wear has a read only system, where do the supersu and busybox get installed?

SuperSU is now system less if you haven't been following it recently so system access is not required also bits of supersu are stored in the kernel disk and others just at /data. Busybox is stored with the SU mounted image to /su/xbin once installed via the app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xmaster24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xmaster24 Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 12:05 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
/moved to specific lg g watch thread
7th March 2016, 02:28 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cYraXx

/moved to specific lg g watch thread

This should work for any watch in general with squashfs just someone has to link the squashfs supported recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)