Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2016, 08:16 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,587

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastes

i have flash twrp for gear live it not stick after reboot and it cant mount system ,do you have or know were i can find one that can mount sys? i search and find nothing the gear live forum is not very active . And thank you for your work

I looked around a bit for one that had squashfs support but found nothing. Try looking through google yourself for one as I really don't have time for in depth searching. It shouldn't stick also if you don't have custom kernel as every stock android device has a script that replaces recovery on boot with stock

20th April 2016, 03:50 PM |#32  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastes

i have flash twrp for gear live it not stick after reboot and it cant mount system ,do you have or know were i can find one that can mount sys? i search and find nothing the gear live forum is not very active . And thank you for your work

not sure about the mounting, but you can try deleting /system/recovery-from-boot.p which is what is replacing TWRP upon rebooting
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...overy-sticking
20th April 2016, 04:22 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

not sure about the mounting, but you can try deleting /system/recovery-from-boot.p which is what is replacing TWRP upon rebooting
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...overy-sticking

Um dude one big detail you overlooked there, he has a squashfs system therefore it is read only and no files can be modified. However if someone were to create a custom kernel for this watch they could just disable the script from running
20th April 2016, 04:34 PM |#34  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster24

Um dude one big detail you overlooked there, he has a squashfs system therefore it is read only and no files can be modified. However if someone were to create a custom kernel for this watch they could just disable the script from running

DOH!
23rd April 2016, 12:43 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
drewski_1 Xmaster24 thank you alot for take time to help
I dont have the skill to create and play with kernel and me too i found nothing on google ... maybe one day lol but the watch getting little old.
thank again
8th December 2016, 06:12 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
updated to 2.78 and busybox app to 5.5.1
enjoy flashing!
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinX8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevinX8 Ad-Free
6th January 2017, 04:33 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster24

Feel free to submit links to twrp for squashfs watch with model name, codename and original developer's name
Will add them to this post
THESE ARE THE ONLY BUILDS THAT WILL WORK UNTIL TWRP IS UPDATED!
I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THESE BUILDS!

LG G Watch dory (courtesy of @rbox)

Is there a TWRP with squashfs support for LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) (codename nemo)? Or is there any information about patching and compiling TWRP with squashfs support so I can try to port TWRP for this watch? I have this watch with Android Wear 2.0 Preview 4, but right now I'm unable to root it due to the squashfs problem.
6th January 2017, 05:10 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhguo

Is there a TWRP with squashfs support for LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) (codename nemo)? Or is there any information about patching and compiling TWRP with squashfs support so I can try to port TWRP for this watch? I have this watch with Android Wear 2.0 Preview 4, but right now I'm unable to root it due to the squashfs problem.

Can you even flash images to the urbane 2? If you can get adb access you can attempt to root using the universal dirty cow method assuming you haven't updated past the October update
11th April 2017, 12:44 AM |#39  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,771

Donate to Me
More
Thanks, works perfectly!
20th April 2017, 07:39 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks for the guide, worked like a charm on my Zenwatch 2. just one thing: is there a way to restrict root access on the watch, something like supersu?
The Following User Says Thank You to cyanoviper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyanoviper Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 08:26 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanoviper

Thanks for the guide, worked like a charm on my Zenwatch 2. just one thing: is there a way to restrict root access on the watch, something like supersu?

No, someone would have to port the SuperSU gui to android wear and chain fire has no interest in supporting wear root anyhow, however it is not really necessary on a watch considering how few apps actually take advantage of root on the watch and how much effort it would take to make a malicious app that only affects the watch via root, besides there is no information of value on your watch so that makes it pointless to attack for anything other than forcing the user to factory reset and sync everything with the phone again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)