Win an Honor 7X!

[GUIDE][SuperSU]Android Wear system-less root [2.79]

930 posts
Thanks Meter: 700

Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2017, 10:10 PM |#51  
Hey mate
i saw your work and was glad someone took their time so big thanks for that ^_^
I had only 2 questions - does it work on ext4 partitions too? and is the superuser included as an app or .. just able to grant root acces for apps?

thanks again!

1st May 2017, 10:20 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurFur_

Hey mate
i saw your work and was glad someone took their time so big thanks for that ^_^
I had only 2 questions - does it work on ext4 partitions too? and is the superuser included as an app or .. just able to grant root acces for apps?

thanks again!

1. Yes, works for any format
2. It's just root with no app, the super su gui has not been ported to wear
1st May 2017, 10:53 PM |#53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster24

1. Yes, works for any format
2. It's just root with no app, the super su gui has not been ported to wear

1. ok I flashed it and it didnt worked ..? Im not 100% sure ..
was it supposed to install an app which installs busybox ? ^^'
2. So this means the root access is automatically granted, right ?
1st May 2017, 11:06 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

1. ok I flashed it and it didnt worked ..? Im not 100% sure ..
was it supposed to install an app which installs busybox ? ^^'
2. So this means the root access is automatically granted, right ?

1. There should be one but it will likely not work since I have gotten reports that the busybox app is no longer compatible with the latest Android wear, use the busybox twrp installer instead https://github.com/yashdsaraf/bb-bot...-UNIVERSAL.zip
2. Yes, but that shouldn't be a problem since literally no android wear viruses exist as of yet
1st May 2017, 11:19 PM |#55  
Quote:

1. There should be one but it will likely not work since I have gotten reports that the busybox app is no longer compatible with the latest Android wear, use the busybox twrp installer instead https://github.com/yashdsaraf/bb-bot...-UNIVERSAL.zip
2. Yes, but that shouldn't be a problem since literally no android wear viruses exist as of yet

1. Worked after another reflash of the whole system + original boot.img and sadly it didnt worked . the installation works but the busybox installer isnt shown in both .zip packages

2. Nono, I just asked to understand how it works. I dont care if it has no GUI etc.

Oh just in case it might be needed :
my watch - LG G Watch R
Android Wear 2.0 // Android 7.1.1
Ext4 Partition instead of squashfs
1st May 2017, 11:34 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

1. Worked after another reflash of the whole system + original boot.img and sadly it didnt worked . the installation works but the busybox installer isnt shown in both .zip packages

2. Nono, I just asked to understand how it works. I dont care if it has no GUI etc.

Oh just in case it might be needed :
my watch - LG G Watch R
Android Wear 2.0 // Android 7.1.1
Ext4 Partition instead of squashfs

No the second zip installs busybox for you, no app required so if you flashed second zip then you already Have busybox
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinX8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevinX8 Ad-Free
1st May 2017, 11:42 PM |#57  
Quote:

No the second zip installs busybox for you, no app required so if you flashed second zip then you already Have busybox

Ahh! ok, I got it . ^^
thanks again ! It worked perfectly
23rd May 2017, 03:26 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
Quote:

Follow this guide to flash SuperSU on the latest version of android wear for your watch, it should have the same OS compatibility as normal SuperSU and should work all the way upto android 7.1.1
(from PC)
1.Unlock the bootloader if not already unlocked
(Make sure to set up device with phone after unlocking bootloader otherwise no boot!)

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
2.flash TWRP for your device (REQUIRES read only access to system!, will post working builds in post below)
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
3.Download SuperSU with busybox YDS included HERE and move it to watch with adb push to /sdcard while TWRP is booted and then install as normal zip
Code:
adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/
4.IGNORE SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED Boot watch to system and Now your root apps from 5.1 should work perfect

REMEMBER squashfs is read only even with root so don't bother trying to modify system files like the build.prop.
If you would like to modify system use any Linux distro and unsquash the system then resquash it (will make guide if enough interest)
If you would like to change pixel density perform this command in either adb shell or a terminal emulator:
Code:
wm density <dpi>
Please leave thanks if it helped!

Thanks so much. And interested at how to modify linux system file on android wear 2.0, like how to modify a sensor driver file by using linux distro and unsquash. Please make a guide. Do appreciate that.
16th June 2017, 02:32 PM |#60  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
cannot get super user in adb shell
Hi, thanks for all the info to root our Android Wear watches. But I cannot seem to be able to get su in adb shell to work...
I just flashed TWRP 3.0 for Wear then pushed superSU.zip then installed in recovery then boot back into system. With adb enabled, i can't do the "remove upgrade to 2.0" nag screen! Please advice, thanks ppl!

LG WATCH R
AW 1.5 M1D64Y
TWRP 3.0
25th July 2017, 12:52 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is there any way to get this going on devices without wired connection? I can only ADB over Wifi and BT so the connection is lost in recovery and fastboot menus.

Fossil Q Gen2 with AW 2.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)