FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AT&T/Verzizon: I need sepolicy source files for Android 6.01 which allows su.

169 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By droidvoider, Senior Member on 12th May 2017, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I need an sepolicy that doesn't exceed the size of my current /sepolicy so that I may inject it using dirtycow. (dirtycow patches files that exist but it can't alter size).. The only solution I can imagine is compiling them on my own...

Q. Does anyone know where I can download the sepolicy source files ending in .te that allows su? I can compile them using aosp source and use awesome python based tools on it but I need a great starting point.. (it is not as simple as deleting the neverallow and adding an allow)

I would be grateful for any help given even the most subtle pointers on how to get selinux permissive.

9th August 2017, 07:44 PM |#2  
One way to potentially get dirtycow to actually replace files in memory instead of letting them die when the device reboots, is to patch a file and have it's size remain exactly as it was. Like you said.

If you remember some of my PM's from a few months back I did mention it then as well. Having the file sizes differ like they do, is actually part of what causes the system panic in the first place.

This is why when patching with dirty cow, lets say the "build.prop" file, if we remove a character from the prop file and fail to add another character back, the file size will differ. Add lines to the prop file, and the file size will differ.

My best theory on the whole thing is change a couple lines of the text and keep the same character count throughout.

If you want to change the build type from "user" to "userdebug" we will have to find 5 characters to remove from the build.prop to make up for the fact that we are adding the five character word 'debug'. The best bet here would be to try and shorten a commented line close by to keep the character count in the file the same.

But at the same time, if we are trying to shorten/remove lines from that build.prop file to make the project work, we may then need to add useless comment lines to make up all the characters we deleted with our patch.

It is possible to dump the dirtycow memory back to disk by mounting the system partition R/W, AFTER we have made the patches. I've read that mounting the system partition RW will actually dump memory back to disk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)