FORUMS

complete newbie looking to next phone

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mbe3204m, Junior Member on 26th May 2020, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
All, please direct me to the right thread if there is a newbie forum/sticky that I did not see.

I linked here from the XDA article re: best rooting methods (https://www.xda-developers.com/best-...ick-root-2018/). I am likely to leave behind the Pixel line after a few years and and thinking about a Samsung Note later this year. Other than an easy root on my daughter's old Fire tablet so I could access the Google Play store, I have no experience rooting phones, and want to know exactly what I'm in for if I buy a Samsung phone, as I intend to root it. This will be a big part of my decision as I don't want to be stuck with Samsung's UI. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction in terms of a step by step or a beginner's guide to make it easier?
30th May 2020, 10:34 AM |#2  
Flag Slightly South of London
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbe3204m

All, please direct me to the right thread if there is a newbie forum/sticky that I did not see.

I linked here from the XDA article re: best rooting methods (https://www.xda-developers.com/best-...k-root-2018/). I am likely to leave behind the Pixel line after a few years and and thinking about a Samsung Note later this year. Other than an easy root on my daughter's old Fire tablet so I could access the Google Play store, I have no experience rooting phones, and want to know exactly what I'm in for if I buy a Samsung phone, as I intend to root it. This will be a big part of my decision as I don't want to be stuck with Samsung's UI. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction in terms of a step by step or a beginner's guide to make it easier?

Choose the fone you want to get and join the forum for it on XDA. Look thru the different threads and you should get a feeling for how easy/hard it is to achieve what you want.

HTH

Sent from my SM-T720 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)