FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help rooting cricket s7 g930az

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Jay351, Junior Member on 23rd March 2017, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything on rooting for the 930az. Found an xda rep that said his root or the root he got if from was for all s7 . Followed the instructions step by step till I reached flashing ,then my phone got stuck in a bootloop .luckily I found a post on the inputs of Oden to return to stock but I'm still persistent on finding a root for it please help!!!

23rd March 2017, 03:39 AM |#2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay351

I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything on rooting for the 930az. Found an xda rep that said his root or the root he got if from was for all s7 . Followed the instructions step by step till I reached flashing ,then my phone got stuck in a bootloop .luckily I found a post on the inputs of Oden to return to stock but I'm still persistent on finding a root for it please help!!!

When you say flashing, fhalsing what exactly got you the bootloop? Was it flashing the engineering Boot.img through Odin or the fix S7 zip through Flashfire... Or something else?

I don't have a Cricket branded S7, but always offering to help you research.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
23rd March 2017, 05:36 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWerSUrgeSW3

When you say flashing, fhalsing what exactly got you the bootloop? Was it flashing the engineering Boot.img through Odin or the fix S7 zip through Flashfire... Or something else?

I don't have a Cricket branded S7, but always offering to help you research.

Thanks for the help it was https://youtu.be/KawiIZ4bAV8
As soon as I got to the boot.img and downloaded it to my phone that when it started.
23rd March 2017, 08:05 AM |#4  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the help it was https://youtu.be/KawiIZ4bAV8
As soon as I got to the boot.img and downloaded it to my phone that when it started.

Only a few things I can think to ask:

1) You are using the Odin version by PrinceComsy... not the original version of Odin?

2) When you download the engineering boot image, you're downloading it for your phone model (S7 for S7, S7 Edge for the S7 Edge)? Maybe you accidentally downloaded the wrong one?

3) When uploading the boot image through Odin, the boot image TAR file is in the AP slot of Odin?

4) Last thing I can think is easy, is the boot image is still a TAR file correct? Its not a ZIP or any other file extension?

Have you tried downloading the image again? I invite you to check out a thread I'm part of if you want another location to download the S7 engineering boot image, that thread located here and the boot image file can be downloaded directly from here
The Following User Says Thank You to POWerSUrgeSW3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift POWerSUrgeSW3 Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 08:12 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
[QUOTE=POWerSUrgeSW3;71550042]Only a few things I can think to ask:

1) You are using the Odin version by PrinceComsy... not the original version of Odin?
Yes and I tried the original also

2) When you download the engineering boot image, you're downloading it for your phone model (S7 for S7, S7 Edge for the S7 Edge)? Maybe you accidentally downloaded the wrong one?
Correct s7 for s7

3) When uploading the boot image through Odin, the boot image TAR file is in the AP slot of Odin?
Yes

4) Last thing I can think is easy, is the boot image is still a TAR file correct? Its not a ZIP or any other file extension?
I made sure it was still a tar file.

Thanks for your help I'll check it out
23rd March 2017, 08:44 AM |#6  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Jay351;71550108]
Quote:

Only a few things I can think to ask:

Yes and I tried the original also

Correct s7 for s7

Yes

I made sure it was still a tar file.

Thanks for your help I'll check it out

You're welcome, just trying to figure it out. Though I see this is a common thing, so I wonder what is different with the Cricket version?

And you're rooting the Nougat version of the phone? This seems to be a topic floating around with no one explaining it. I've tried looking to see if maybe the processor might be somehow a "reduced" version of the 820 compared to the others... but everything makes it look like it should work.

Only other thing I would say is go back through all the steps, and make sure you're not accidentally skipping one. I did that a bunch of times when I first started off. I ended up printing off instructions and making note edits. Took me a few different sets of instructions until I found a formula that worked for my G930P
23rd March 2017, 03:42 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
[QUOTE=POWerSUrgeSW3;71550364]
Quote:

You're welcome, just trying to figure it out. Though I see this is a common thing, so I wonder what is different with the Cricket version?

And you're rooting the Nougat version of the phone? This seems to be a topic floating around with no one explaining it. I've tried looking to see if maybe the processor might be somehow a "reduced" version of the 820 compared to the others... but everything makes it look like it should work.

Only other thing I would say is go back through all the steps, and make sure you're not accidentally skipping one. I did that a bunch of times when I first started off. I ended up printing off instructions and making note edits. Took me a few different sets of instructions until I found a formula that worked for my G930P

I'm sorry no we haven't received the update yet I'm still on 6.0.1. Do you mean like mixing up the steps and finding which worked with your phone?
23rd March 2017, 06:51 PM |#8  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Jay351;71554646]
Quote:

I'm sorry no we haven't received the update yet I'm still on 6.0.1. Do you mean like mixing up the steps and finding which worked with your phone?

Oh I'll have to go back and do some rereading then, because I thought I saw some websites saying that phone was already on Nougat. If you're still on MM this should be easier I would think... hmmm

For me, it took me about 4 or 5 different threads of talking about how they rooted their Sprint S7 phone, for me to find the right instructions for myself to root my phone. But I know along the way I would miss a step, then my phone wouldn't boot or bootloop like yours. That's why I went back and printed out instructions and checked off to make sure I didn't skip anything. After awhile I could wrap my head around it.

Just saying we are all human, so it's easy to skip a step. Though it doesn't seem like you're the only one having this problem. But if all the branded US phones are pretty much rooted one way or another, I don't see why yours would be any different.
23rd March 2017, 07:47 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
[QUOTE=POWerSUrgeSW3;71557381]
Quote:

Oh I'll have to go back and do some rereading then, because I thought I saw some websites saying that phone was already on Nougat. If you're still on MM this should be easier I would think... hmmm

For me, it took me about 4 or 5 different threads of talking about how they rooted their Sprint S7 phone, for me to find the right instructions for myself to root my phone. But I know along the way I would miss a step, then my phone wouldn't boot or bootloop like yours. That's why I went back and printed out instructions and checked off to make sure I didn't skip anything. After awhile I could wrap my head around it.

Just saying we are all human, so it's easy to skip a step. Though it doesn't seem like you're the only one having this problem. But if all the branded US phones are pretty much rooted one way or another, I don't see why yours would be any different.

Your probably right I'll try those steps again and see if anything changes. The only model I see that's close to g930az would be the at&t which is g930a. I know I got lucky with the last attempt to try with it in soft brick. I just don't want to try to many and it be completely screwed. Because on cricket you have to buy all of you phones up front well at least I had to with mine. I'll try it again and let you know if it worked or I have a paper weight haha. Thanks again
23rd March 2017, 07:54 PM |#10  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Jay351;71558136]
Quote:

Your probably right I'll try those steps again and see if anything changes. The only model I see that's close to g930az would be the at&t which is g930a. I know I got lucky with the last attempt to try with it in soft brick. I just don't want to try to many and it be completely screwed. Because on cricket you have to buy all of you phones up front well at least I had to with mine. I'll try it again and let you know if it worked or I have a paper weight haha. Thanks again

With following the steps you are and what you have happening, you should be OK with being able Odin back to factory firmware.

Yeah Cricket is kind of the double edge sword, you have to buy the phone up front, but they have CHEAP prices for good service. I had them when I first moved to Arizona and would have kept them, if I didn't travel so much.

Report back if anything changes.

24th March 2017, 03:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

hey can you help get my s7 g930az back to stock. i also happen to be stuck in a bootloop and i've searched everywhere and nothing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)