Thanks Meter: 3

By Jay351, Junior Member on 23rd March 2017, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2017, 05:26 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWerSUrgeSW3

I would recommend going to sammobile or updato to get the firmware for your phone. Sounds like you have the wrong model. If you need help I can help in an hour or so when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've tried sammobile but my device model was not there but thanks for recommending updato, i actually found the model so i'm downloading the firmware and see how it goes. I install it with Odin right?

24th March 2017, 07:33 AM |#22  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo879

I've tried sammobile but my device model was not there but thanks for recommending updato, i actually found the model so i'm downloading the firmware and see how it goes. I install it with Odin right?

Great!

Yes but it's recommended using the modified version by PrinceComsy.... I am not sure the exact details why the regular Odin version (like that is used for the S5) does not work.

25th March 2017, 12:05 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWerSUrgeSW3

Great!

Yes but it's recommended using the modified version by PrinceComsy.... I am not sure the exact details why the regular Odin version (like that is used for the S5) does not work.

Well i downloaded the file and i used it on Odin, by PrinceComsy, and it says "Model Dismatch fail" again. This is so frustrating
25th March 2017, 08:14 AM |#24  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo879

Well i downloaded the file and i used it on Odin, by PrinceComsy, and it says "Model Dismatch fail" again. This is so frustrating

Bummer... OK then lets figure this out.

I did some more researching, and it sounds like what I thought: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1158

1) That you are downloading the wrong model for your phone. Now the tech support person in me needs to make sure we are on the same level. If you're trying to flash an older version of the firmware, especially one that has an older bootloader than your current firmware has... all sorts of errors can come up. I would say, at this point if you're not sure what firmware you had originally on the phone... download one of the two being pointed out here. Last ditch effort, the most newest firmware should work without issue

Updato Firmware Page for SM-G930AZ

2) Are you extracting the individual TAR files and putting them in the correct spot... the leading part of each file name corresponds to the slot in Odin to be loaded.

3) When Running Odin, are you right clicking on the Odin EXE and choosing to Run As Administrator? I would recommend doing this.

We are here for you, don't feel that you are alone! We'll take this walk together and try to get you back on the road. And as long as no one in this thread minds us posting instructions, I think could benefit anyone else rooting and then having issues. (Otherwise PM me please! - Not here to be in the road!)
12th September 2017, 06:58 AM |#25  

More
I have a Cricket S7 930az, and can't find a re-root for this model. can anyone tell me where I can find one? I can't turn on the APN slide in settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)