FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to add SuperSU to system.img?

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By BusinessKid, Member on 9th November 2018, 01:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm working on a custom ROM and I'm done with the building part (from source). Now the issue is, how do I add SuperSU for root as soon as the ROM is flashed. I don't want to go into custom boot images, as supporting lots of devices would be a pain. So how should I go about getting this done? Should I mount the image and then copy SuperSU apk to /system/app and chmod it and then add SuperSU binary to /system/xbin and chmod that too? Any help is greatly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to BusinessKid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BusinessKid Ad-Free

28th December 2018, 08:51 AM |#2  
Flag infront of ma HD2
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessKid

I'm working on a custom ROM and I'm done with the building part (from source). Now the issue is, how do I add SuperSU for root as soon as the ROM is flashed. I don't want to go into custom boot images, as supporting lots of devices would be a pain. So how should I go about getting this done? Should I mount the image and then copy SuperSU apk to /system/app and chmod it and then add SuperSU binary to /system/xbin and chmod that too? Any help is greatly appreciated

I too want to add this because my device does not support custom recovery.
Any updates??
26th January 2019, 09:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I search too that script. For personal use its easy coz just change zip with ready rom.
All i know for sure there is a script who does that pack into zip but this is not that "SuperSu".

Wysłane z mojego SM-G530FZ przy użyciu Tapatalka
10th May 2019, 05:46 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslakhani

I too want to add this because my device does not support custom recovery.
Any updates??

Don't try SuperSU right now. It's support has ended. Get Magic, and flash the patched boot image with ADB. Seems like the only option. I added SuperSU to the custom ROM by mounting the image on *nix and then adding the su binaries and chmod a+x on su
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)