Thanks Meter: 17

By absvini, Member on 8th November 2016, 03:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2018, 05:25 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
lol

i see you guys struggling just like me

The Following User Says Thank You to vetusa2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vetusa2 Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 03:59 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't know if I have to say that but I hope more investigation from experts!

Lenovo or Mk spying on users on this device!

I tracked some recovery logs and hidden apps there's shell app and many other apps unknown!

Lenovo support team still avoid and ignore bootloader unlock requests!!!

I tried all steps from online to rot device, didn't work!

because volume-up not working in fastboot mode.

my advise don't waste your time to root it and buy another device can be rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to motokingo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift motokingo Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 07:50 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
This device is not rootable
11th August 2018, 02:46 PM |#24  
Flag Belgrade

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm999

I need to root my Lenovo Vibe c2 too

Btw., I've found that there's absolutely NO need to root this phone... NetGuard firewall does a fine job, in spite of it being -only- a VPN solution and having no detailed control, with the ad-supported version.

There's a (last!) updated, stock (!), ROM, which is not available as OTA. It's labeled as the "S230" version, going to attach that image; managed to flash it, after unlocking the bootloader through Developer options (OEM unlocking), using SP Flash Tool - for MTK, MediaTek, based devices.

As always, it's a shame that Lenovo doesn't provide the flash tool(s), or the actual ROM file from their servers. BEWARE, be very careful, when flashing: there's no way to verify the file, no way to tell whether the ROM is "official", or not - other than to, perhaps, compare signatures with the consensus of what legit is, right? Heh.

Anyway, hang on... Posting this on mobile, it's gonna take a few edits to get everything squared! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by motokingo

[..] because volume-up not working in fastboot mode.

^^ Yeah, the unfortunate ones won't be able to unlock the bootloader, there are /were those models on the market as well. Attaching the screenshot of what it's supposed to look like, from this device.

EDIT: & finally, using Firefox Developer Tools, WebIDE, it's possible to inject a user.js file - to control its about:config settings - on a non-rooted Android (!); via script. It is detailed on the ghacks-user.js GitHub page, in Issues, "Ideas for Android (how to inject the config files) #318"

EDIT: Using remote debugging to inject user.js preferences to Android Firefox,
Code:
https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/issues/318#issuecomment-359181951
^^ Here's a heavily-modified user.js which I'm using, some things will be broken, their file is generally privacy-related (for the Torbrowser), but it may give you some idea of what's going on; or, maybe a starting point for yours. ALL of Mozilla's (browsing and extensions) blocklists are disabled, to minimize sending and receiving any data from them. Depending mainly on uBlock Origin, with all filters enabled...
Code:
https://pastebin.com/YnHqvWQN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180811-152743.png
Views:	318
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	4569451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180811-155920.png
Views:	330
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	4569461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180811-160007.png
Views:	328
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	4569463  
11th August 2018, 04:04 PM |#25  
Flag Belgrade

More
^^ Just to note, that Firefox setup can be done on any phone, right. Injecting the configuration onto ANY non-rooted Android device can make life a breeze; that's why I went through the trouble of posting it!

With a perfect browser, which won't get "stuck" when viewing all kinds of pages, bogged-down with pop-ups and unders - we don't need to use any "apps" actually; everything can be done via Firefox (& hopefully they won't -ever- change it), from social networking to streaming.

Mine did NOT need to be reset (the data cleared) EVER, again, after having configured the about:config! :)

P.S. The user.js that I've linked to, on Pastebin, works perfectly with logging into "Disqus" comments and many places which use the Google login, BUT - for example - logging into Facebook comments will *not* work. It's resisting fingerprinting and rejecting 3rd-party cookies, so you know! =)

I'm simply using Notepad++ to compare differences with each new file and copying-over the old settings, with whatever may be new, on each of their updates (on GitHub). One of these days I should clone it, there, so it'll be moar official - hopefully!!

EDIT: Sorry (!) for the wall-of-text, just another important thing to note - since there aren't notes with the edited user.js - also any "offline" and "caches" are disabled, so regular users might have (a lot of) trouble with it; however, it's pretty much (almost!) unbreakable that way, hehe. :))
16th August 2018, 02:47 PM |#26  

More
Please help
Please help me root this mobile lenovo ****
19th September 2018, 06:17 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This device probably never rooted.
2nd October 2019, 12:23 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbme

There's a (last!) updated, stock (!), ROM, which is not available as OTA. It's labeled as the "S230" version, going to attach that image; managed to flash it, after unlocking the bootloader through Developer options (OEM unlocking), using SP Flash Tool - for MTK, MediaTek, based devices.

Hey, is there any difference between the current OTA version android 6.0 and the latest rom android 6.0.1?
Does it work on both c2 and c2 power or is it for C2 only?
I was looking for an option to make the sd card the default storage for apps data and downloads,... without having to format sd card as internal, has anyone found a workaround for this?
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-vibe-c2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)