FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

LG G3 LS990ZVG: LG One Click Root Doesn't Work (Lollipop 5.0.1)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By NewWorld89, Junior Member on 27th December 2016, 04:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Maybe a thread like this has been created before, I don't really know, but I kinda feel like my case is a little bit different.

I wanted to try to root my phone, considering Sprint is literally doing no updates for the LG G3, which stinks but that's another thread for another day. Anyhow...

I've followed the instructions of trying to root this phone, making myself a developer on said phone, USB Debugging is on, plug the bad boy into the PC. I have the LG Drivers as well as the "One Click" root system. First issue is the one click installer doesn't find the LG ports ever, so I have to hold the Volume Up button to put it manually into download mode. I've done this multiple times now and not much has changed. When I do go into download mode, down in the gray box it usually shows the the SuperSU command in the box, but the numbers have changed multiple times. First time it said SuperSU27 on COM4 (can't remember the exact verbiage it used for the file name) the next attempt was 25 on COM3, 21 on COM3 and last time it was 79 on COM3.

While all of that is going on, I get the message that it is rebooting my phone through one click, which it isn't, it's still trying to supposedly download SuperSU, which, always sat at 0% and never progressed.

I've noticed that many people haven't been using ZVG to root their LG G3's. I would attempt reseting my entire phone completely scratch, but I don't really dig the sketchy sites that LG Flash is on, so I've never downloaded anything from them for that. Then again, I would like to avoid totally resetting my phone like that, because I'm not very fluent in phones like that to trust myself to do something that could potentially mess it up.

Does anyone have a work around for my issue or know what could be going on.

30th December 2016, 05:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
did you figure this out? I'm in the exact same predicament..
30th December 2016, 06:51 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn

did you figure this out? I'm in the exact same predicament..

No I haven't. I have absolutely no experience at rooting phones, so it's basically something I can't figure out.

I've seen people completely reset their phones manually but I don't feel competent enough to try it.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewWorld89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NewWorld89 Ad-Free
19th January 2017, 12:16 PM |#4  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had an incident while flashing a ROM and had to use LG flash tool. I let the phone update to ZVG, but cannot get Root. Realistically, all I want is to be able to use wifi tether for now. I'm running into the same problem, the one click root is not noticing my device after i manually put it into Download Mode. Maybe it has to do with using Wimdows 10? Which operating system are you using? Have you figured it out?
20th January 2017, 04:45 PM |#5  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ZVG is rooted!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbandit

I had an incident while flashing a ROM and had to use LG flash tool. I let the phone update to ZVG, but cannot get Root. Realistically, all I want is to be able to use wifi tether for now. I'm running into the same problem, the one click root is not noticing my device after i manually put it into Download Mode. Maybe it has to do with using Wimdows 10? Which operating system are you using? Have you figured it out?

Well, I figured it out... Go Here if you're still looking... Do Method B, download the zip and go manually through it... Worked fantastic!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/spr...8#post70645157
The Following User Says Thank You to runningbandit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runningbandit Ad-Free
3rd April 2018, 03:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
thanks runningbandit!
now to get twrp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)