FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Manually patch boot.img for systemless root?

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By MalikDrako, Junior Member on 7th January 2017, 01:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2017, 02:20 PM |#21  
Flag Vizag
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar_vl

Hey bro, I decompiled the stock boot.img to see that if 'verify' flag was preventing booting the system with other than stock recovery. Dm-verity is a recent security control for preventing booting with changed/modified kernel/system. But I could not find any such flags, but found verity_key, so I just deleted it and decompiled the boot.img. I am not sure whether it can solve your booting problem. Let's see will this now allow to boot with custom kernel. Here is the modified stock boot.img. http://www.mediafire.com/file/tc1k1g..._oppo_boot.img

Flash first this boot.img and then flash the custom recovery.imgs (you can try your recoveries also)

I have also ported two recovery.imgs. Both are ported from the twrps for the same device, K6000 plus. However, what I found for this k6000 plus was different in size. So I ported two twrp recovery imgs. Here are two twrp ported recoveries, one is from you have given links to and another is from what I found on this forum.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4als7q...ort_twrpv1.img
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5xz738...ort_twrpv2.img

Once again, I reiterate that first flash the modified boot.img and then try flashing the recoveries.

Best of luck

Bro first of all Thanks for the efforts & time you allocated for my device.. coz you confirmed that verification was not in boot.img though i flashed your boot.img and the device didnt boot up. it showed an error saying boot was corrupted please take to service centre "so i have googled again and found interesting things about preloader.bin , below link was video tutorial to flash modified preloader.bin for mt6753 device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS1GFPJB53Q
he used modified preloader.bin to boot into custom recovery.img so i assume that preloader.bin have keys/checksums to verify the boot and recovery images
the same topic was going on xda
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t2909259/page3

but unfortunately i have no enough knowledge about editing preloader.bin so it may take some time google/learn and flash.
i believe your custom images will be prefect after deriving solution. i will update my progress soon. please do share if you know anything about the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	30
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	4271201

Thanks in advance

13th September 2017, 02:51 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshca911

Bro first of all Thanks for the efforts & time you allocated for my device.. coz you confirmed that verification was not in boot.img though i flashed your boot.img and the device didnt boot up. it showed an error saying boot was corrupted please take to service centre "so i have googled again and found interesting things about preloader.bin , below link was video tutorial to flash modified preloader.bin for mt6753 device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS1GFPJB53Q
he used modified preloader.bin to boot into custom recovery.img so i assume that preloader.bin have keys/checksums to verify the boot and recovery images
the same topic was going on xda
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t2909259/page3

but unfortunately i have no enough knowledge about editing preloader.bin so it may take some time google/learn and flash.
i believe your custom images will be prefect after deriving solution. i will update my progress soon. please do share if you know anything about the same.

Attachment 4271201

Thanks in advance

Yes, a modified bootloader (preloader) is needed which can boot insecure images. It might be an older version of the bootloader. I too have flashed an older version of the bootloader, and the modified images fail to boot while on stock bootloader.
13th September 2017, 02:59 PM |#23  
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandverma458

Yes, a modified bootloader (preloader) is needed which can boot insecure images. It might be an older version of the bootloader. I too have flashed an older version of the bootloader, and the modified images fail to boot while on stock bootloader.

did you edited your preloader.bin or you have downloaded it ??

if i flashed someone else preloader.bin like other mt6750 preloader.bin will it work ??
13th September 2017, 03:06 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

if i flashed someone else preloader.bin like other mt6750 preloader.bin will it work ??

Flashing preloader is a very dangerous process, as it may readily in a fully bricked device if not flashed properly. The only option then is to get the motherboard replaced.

Also, I don't think flashing preloader of some other device is a good idea. idea.But mediatek is different than qualcomm... It might work, or it might not. I would recommend you to not flash some other device's preloader.
13th September 2017, 03:10 PM |#25  
Flag Vizag

More
Thanks for the tip.. I DONT flash other preloader.bin
But i do search for other ways.. If u know pls share in this thread
13th September 2017, 03:38 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

Sorry, didn't read your first question
I downloaded the emmc_appsboot.mbn (for qualcomm). The developer is a chinese guy on telegram. I will ask him about this and will update you if he tells me how he did it.

But I don't think that even his procedure would help, as mediatek uses preloader, but qualcomm uses emmc_appsboot, which (perhaps) are vastly different from each other.

EDIT: Have you tried fastboot oem unlock(ensure that allow oem unlock is enabled in developer options)?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks for the tip.. I DONT flash other preloader.bin
But i do search for other ways.. If u know pls share in this thread

https://forum.xda-developers.com/opp...3397013/page11

Try following the steps mentioned in the thread. You have to flash the magictricks file through stock recovery. But be warned, it IS risky. If it suceeds (90%chance), then you will be able to boot modified images.
Best of luck!
13th September 2017, 03:41 PM |#27  
Flag Vizag

More
For my device.. 😁
Oppo has removed fastboot/bootloader for its newer devices (mine is newest )

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Flashing preloader is a very dangerous process, as it may readily in a fully bricked device if not flashed properly. The only option then is to get the motherboard replaced.

Also, I don't think flashing preloader of some other device is a good idea. idea.But mediatek is different than qualcomm... It might work, or it might not. I would recommend you to not flash some other device's preloader.

Quote:

Sorry, didn't read your first question
I downloaded the emmc_appsboot.mbn (for qualcomm). The developer is a chinese guy on telegram. I will ask him about this and will update you if he tells me how he did it.

But I don't think that even his procedure would help, as mediatek uses preloader, but qualcomm uses emmc_appsboot, which (perhaps) are vastly different from each other.

EDIT: Have you tried fastboot oem unlock(ensure that allow oem unlock is enabled in developer options)?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/opp...3397013/page11

Try following the steps mentioned in the thread. You have to flash the magictricks file through stock recovery. But be warned, it IS risky. If it suceeds (90%chance), then you will be able to boot modified images.
Best of luck!

Bro. I cannot flash that zip bro. Coz
My stock recovery only accept .ozip formats not zip. And I tried with renaming zip but it didn't work
13th September 2017, 03:53 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

For my device..
Oppo has removed fastboot/bootloader for its newer devices (mine is newest )

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Bro. I cannot flash that zip bro. Coz
My stock recovery only accept .ozip formats not zip. And I tried with renaming zip but it didn't work

I checked the contents of magictricks.zip, and found that it is valid for msm_15309 board, so it is not for your device...
13th September 2017, 04:16 PM |#29  
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:

I checked the contents of magictricks.zip, and found that it is valid for msm_15309 board, so it is not for your device...

So will it be easy to unlock preloader?
Im still stuck. I didn't find any help online. But trying and keep asking devs.
13th September 2017, 04:24 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

So will it be easy to unlock preloader?
Im still stuck. I didn't find any help online. But trying and keep asking devs.

Before vivo, I had an intex aqua power (mt6592). It did have fastboot, but couldn't be accessed with button press. Command from terminal worked to boot in fastboot mode.

If you can enter fastboot by connecting to pc and running adb reboot fastboot, please try to run fastboot oem unlock(will wipe data if it really unlocks the bootloader).
13th September 2017, 04:32 PM |#31  
Flag Vizag

More
Quote:

Before vivo, I had an intex aqua power (mt6592). It did have fastboot, but couldn't be accessed with button press. Command from terminal worked to boot in fastboot mode.

If you can enter fastboot by connecting to pc and running adb reboot fastboot, please try to run fastboot oem unlock(will wipe data if it really unlocks the bootloader).

I did tried
adb reboot bootloader

In terminal
Reboot bootloader

Not worked. I think. They somehow managed to prevent booting to bootloader at any manner
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)