FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root, set app as system apps and unroot impossible on Galaxy S7 edge Android 7.0?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By cmg15326, Junior Member on 8th March 2018, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey there!
since hours im trying to get my S7 Edge G935F unrooted after ive placed apps as system apps.
equal if i try to unroot with magisk manager options, magisk uninstaller zip in twrp while rooted with magisk or when rooted with superSU with full-unroot option im always causing a boot loop and i need to flash the rom (Android 7.0 G935FXXS2DRA9_G935FDBT1DQJ1_DBT) from new. (Ive rooted via twrp in both cases)

Now ive tried with an app from playstore called "Impactor System Unroot" to my surprise it worked! but not as good as i hoped for because now im not rooted anymore but i cant pass safety net.... im running out of ideas and i hoped someone with more knowledge and better understanding may could come up with a magic trick! i beliefe that its somehow must be possible after all.

As always thanks for your time, help and answer!

Best regards
Chris

8th March 2018, 02:22 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 4,536

Donate to Me
More
If your device now really has all traces of root removed, it's likely that it's an unlocked bootloader that is triggering SafetyNet. You'll have to relock it, but keep in mind that this will wipe your device. And if you don't do it right you might end up with a device that can't boot at all and be quite difficult to recover...

Why though? Is it really worth the hassle?
8th March 2018, 06:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

If your device now really has all traces of root removed, it's likely that it's an unlocked bootloader that is triggering SafetyNet. You'll have to relock it, but keep in mind that this will wipe your device. And if you don't do it right you might end up with a device that can't boot at all and be quite difficult to recover...

Why though? Is it really worth the hassle?

So in other words unrooting and keeping custom system apps is not possible right? because wipe in order to relock the BL will take the away anyway

Just because of messing around more or less haha. wanted to see if i can somehow put a gps spoofer as system app and get rid of root afterwards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)