FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting Gionee F6

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JimZhang, Junior Member on 25th April 2018, 01:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to root it, and I've failed in a lot of ways.
The bootloader cannot be unlocked in fastboot mode, and instructions for controlling the phone are disabled. (eg:"fastboot reboot" it doesn't respond, the command prompt shows rebooting.; "fastboot oem unlock" shows remote unknown command. )
I can provide stock rom, boot.img, recovery.img, etc.
By the way, I can't unpack recovery.img. how do I pack the twrp rec about my phone?

25th April 2018, 08:11 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 5,811

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZhang

I'm trying to root it, and I've failed in a lot of ways.
The bootloader cannot be unlocked in fastboot mode, and instructions for controlling the phone are disabled. (eg:"fastboot reboot" it doesn't respond, the command prompt shows rebooting.; "fastboot oem unlock" shows remote unknown command. ). I can provide stock rom, boot.img, recovery.img, etc. By the way, I can't unpack recovery.img. how do I pack the twrp rec about my phone?

I don't have this device but, keep in mind that this device had just been released recently and I, personally, can't locate any threads regarding this specific device Model.

It takes 2 important items before any developments will be released...

1) The higher the Demand, Want, Need, etc... the better the chances are for developments to be released.

2) The Time Factor is also important. It takes time to release anything and, since this is a fairly new device, it really hasn't been long enough.

At this point in time, you have 2 options.

1) Take on the Research and development for this device yourself by doing research.

2) Use Google (or another search engine) to try and locate something that may have been released elsewhere.

I just did a quick Google Search and located the following 2 links for this specific device...

http://apktiger.com/unlock-bootloader-gionee-f6/

http://apkapple.com/new-tecnology/ho...oot-gionee-f6/

... I can't state that those will work but, it's a good start for locating something yourself.

I, personally, wouldn't even attempt at developing something for a device that I don't even own myself (as many others feel as well).

Maybe another member here could provide you with some additional information and guidance as well.

I do wish you the best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
17th February 2019, 11:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm Leonerdore, I'm using a Gionee F6 smartphone
There are no recovery img file for the Gionee F6, and adb command prompts like 'adb reboot', 'adb reboot recovery', 'fastboot oem unlock', 'fastboot reboot', etc don't work, only 'fastboot devices' that works. Please help me great developers, I'll really appreciate..... Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)