[STABLE][2017.05.27] SuperSU v2.82

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 835

By SuperSU Release, Junior Member on 1st September 2016, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2017, 02:36 PM |#2101  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What does "post-install maintenance" (--install option) do?
Hello there,
I've been maintaning my own small modified version of the installation script found in the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Y.zip file that I use to root dumped system images of Mediatek-based phones and tablets.
I run my modified script on a Linux box over a mounted system image to inject SuperSU, then reflash the modified image. Nice and clean way of rooting devices for which no TWRP is available. I'm aware that this won't work for versions of Android that require systemless root (6.0+ if I'm not misled). Sometime I'll make a version that can process the boot image as well.
Anyway, I'm trying to update my script to v2.46 that AFAIK is required for Android 5.1 (API level 22) from a much older version I was using (yes I know, it's old, but enough to root a few Lollipop-based devices I have around).
At the bottom of the script I see this line:
Code:
/system/xbin/su --install
that I obviously can't run on the Linux desktop I use for the injection.
So my question is: what does this --install option do, exactly? so that I can add it to my modified script.
Thanks in advance for any help, couldn't find a description of what this option does anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free

19th November 2017, 11:14 AM |#2102  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I love older supersu, I'm on oneplus one with DU rom and nougat, root is verrrrry unstable
19th November 2017, 03:26 PM |#2103  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhamed

I love older supersu, I'm on oneplus one with DU rom and nougat, root is verrrrry unstable

You didn't define "older" so no clue as to the issue. Recommend trying 2.82 SR5 which has proven quite stable for most.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...v2-05-t2868133
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 12:21 AM |#2104  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for everything!
23rd November 2017, 06:40 AM |#2105  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Is this below build the latest version I'd want to be using installing [ROM] AICP Oreo on my Nexus 6 ?
SR4-SuperSU-v2.82-SR4-20170918204844
23rd November 2017, 07:50 AM |#2106  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeee

Is this below build the latest version I'd want to be using installing [ROM] AICP Oreo on my Nexus 6 ?
SR4-SuperSU-v2.82-SR4-20170918204844

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...v2-05-t2868133
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
29th November 2017, 10:27 AM |#2107  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Does not works only stable SU solution is MagiskSU, but xposed never start natively on DU and xposed with Magisk is very unstable too!
29th November 2017, 07:50 PM |#2108  
Thanks Meter: 530

More
SuperSU works just fine. Lets start by you posting WHAT doesn't work, how your flashing/installing superSU and some logs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ch3vr0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ch3vr0n Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 04:33 AM |#2109  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi!, I wanna root my Samsung s2 i9100 (fully stock Billie Jean phone) because I want to repair some corrupted system files (and create backups). Because of this, I don't want to wipe any data so I was thinking in flashing SuperSu from the stock recovery mode (update from external sd card option).

I was doing some research at the SuperSu forum and I read that I should use the SuperSu v2.74 zip (recommended for using in Android 2.3 - 4.4) and that release isn't available on the site anymore. Can you tell me where can I get the oficial zip file with that versión? Thanks!

PD.: Once I have finished fixing/recovering files and creating some backups... I am gona give LineageOS a try for sure
3rd December 2017, 07:44 AM |#2110  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Šilutė
Thanks Meter: 1,114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa83

Hi!, I wanna root my Samsung s2 i9100 (fully stock Billie Jean phone) because I want to repair some corrupted system files (and create backups). Because of this, I don't want to wipe any data so I was thinking in flashing SuperSu from the stock recovery mode (update from external sd card option).

I was doing some research at the SuperSu forum and I read that I should use the SuperSu v2.74 zip (recommended for using in Android 2.3 - 4.4) and that release isn't available on the site anymore. Can you tell me where can I get the oficial zip file with that versión? Thanks!

PD.: Once I have finished fixing/recovering files and creating some backups... I am gona give LineageOS a try for sure

The latest version of SuperSU should work fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to DodoGTA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DodoGTA Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 09:05 AM |#2111  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

More
@Corsa83 , just in case. here's beta superSU v.2.74-2.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1tz24lp5t...74328.zip?dl=0

fear a life unlived , not death
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)