[STABLE][2017.05.27] SuperSU v2.82

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 815

By SuperSU Release, Junior Member on 1st September 2016, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2017, 09:05 AM |#2111  
Thanks Meter: 1,588

More
@Corsa83 , just in case. here's beta superSU v.2.74-2.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1tz24lp5t...74328.zip?dl=0

fear a life unlived , not death

3rd December 2017, 09:28 AM |#2112  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

fear a life unlived , not death

Is this like the newest build I'm loosing it on these numbers v2.74 is lower then v2.82 ?
3rd December 2017, 08:12 PM |#2113  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 2,442

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa83

Hi!, I wanna root my Samsung s2 i9100 (fully stock Billie Jean phone) because I want to repair some corrupted system files (and create backups). Because of this, I don't want to wipe any data so I was thinking in flashing SuperSu from the stock recovery mode (update from external sd card option). I was doing some research at the SuperSu forum and I read that I should use the SuperSu v2.74 zip (recommended for using in Android 2.3 - 4.4) and that release isn't available on the site anymore. Can you tell me where can I get the oficial zip file with that versión? Thanks! PD.: Once I have finished fixing/recovering files and creating some backups... I am gona give LineageOS a try for sure

Quote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1tz24lp5t...74328.zip?dl=0 fear a life unlived , not death

I'm not stating that @mrrocketdog provided a bad link or file, I just thought that the following official download link for the 2.74-2 could come in handy to @Corsa83 for bookmarking for future reference.

BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip - Official Chainfire Download

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 11:27 PM |#2114  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodoGTA

The latest version of SuperSU should work fine

That's really good to know. I thought I should use that version because i read this post at the official forum.

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!. It goes directly to my apps backup folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I'm not stating that @mrrocketdog provided a bad link or file, I just thought that the following official download link for the 2.74-2 could come in handy to @Corsa83 for bookmarking for future reference.

BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip - Official Chainfire Download

Good Luck!

Thank you!. You thought well. I know what you mean. It's not about doubt on the integrity of anyone's file. In fact, that's what I was looking for that very reason, that is, for having a original source too (It could be nice to have a repository with all the old binaries in that web) . Because at first I didn't find it, I asked here for looking a trusted source (a trusted forum user is nice too if you don't find it ). I always check the signature/hash of anything (apps, drivers, kernels or isos... are even more important to check than a simple program).

Anyway, the hash of mrrocketdog matches the one from the official web . Thus, thank you all you of you for time and links!. Know I am gonna keep learning some things before flashing LineageOS in this old badboy, I want to backup the EFS folder, run fsck to repair some files/data before creating my backup (lots of corruption due to a bad shutdown; sudden battery-pulled thing :S)...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corsa83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corsa83 Ad-Free
4th December 2017, 02:14 AM |#2115  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 2,442

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa83

That's really good to know. I thought I should use that version because i read this post at the official forum. Thanks for sharing!. It goes directly to my apps backup folder ...

Even though I have, probably, 90% +/- of the SuperSU releases in both the zip and apk on my File Host Account, i also like to have a browser bookmark of them too.

I just hope @Chainfire doesn't take the links down for his releases of the the SuperSU app.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE
4th December 2017, 02:19 AM |#2116  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,042

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Even though I have, probably, 90% +/- of the SuperSU releases in both the zip and apk on my File Host Account, i also like to have a browser bookmark of them too.

I just hope @Chainfire doesn't take the links down for his releases of the the SuperSU app.

APKMirror maintains a nice repository of curated builds. Not every variant is represented but the vast majority are there.

https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=codingcode
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
5th December 2017, 09:23 AM |#2117  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Take a look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...-root-t3567105

LOL man, that thread leads to nowhere! They started aired but brief discussion about root and Xposed and that's it. Completely forgot about the zygote thing. So nothing's clarifying there. Me, I have this issue with SuperSU 2.82 SR2 not responding and crashing. Some other non root app nor Xposed module it's also force closing, all after not granting zygote root permission a couple days back. Here's the SuperSU crash report...

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171205-011351.png
Views:	430
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	4352793  
5th December 2017, 09:40 AM |#2118  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baselsayeh

@SuperSU Release
Hello
I have a problem with supersu and overlay fs mounted on top of system & vendor
When overlayfs is mounted on top of system, supersu does not promt for root access (only for new apps, already granted apps works)
But as soon as overlayfs is unmounted, supersu promts normally

No problem, I guess. SuperSU has an option in settings called "Tapjacking protection" which allows prompt to override whatever obscures or overlays.

5th December 2017, 10:08 AM |#2119  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Kid

No problem, I guess. SuperSU has an option in settings called "Tapjacking protection" which allows prompt to override whatever obscures or overlays.

Thanks, but that did not work too
Also, deamonsu crashes alot creating tombstone files
The Following User Says Thank You to baselsayeh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baselsayeh Ad-Free
5th December 2017, 10:54 AM |#2120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelpozoman

omg they are doing it for free, as always, and here are u blaming them. Dont hear these people please, ur work is amazing.

Absolutely, positively NOTHING against SuperSU team on my side... but "for free" is not entirely accurate. I got SuperSU Pro and it wasn't "for free", as far as I can remember. Man, I didn't even needed "Pro"! purchased just with the sole intention of supporting Chainfire's work. So nothing wrong with eventually expecting some support coming from the Team, I guess...

The Following User Says Thank You to The Analog Kid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Analog Kid Ad-Free
11th December 2017, 05:36 PM |#2121  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

APKMirror maintains a nice repository of curated builds. Not every variant is represented but the vast majority are there.

https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=codingcode

Yeah, apkmirror is a great place to get the .apk builds, I used it in the past. Is it still the best place for get the apk files nowdays?. As far as I know, It is run by the same people behind AndroidPolice and I think the archives are manually approved and checked for malware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corsa83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corsa83 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)