FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2017.05.27] SuperSU v2.82

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 849
 
By SuperSU Release, Junior Member on 1st September 2016, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st April 2018, 02:30 AM |#2211  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hi, I installed v2.82 on my xiaomi note 4x running 8.0 ROM. I keep losing room every once in a while. Is it normal? SU app keeps getting uninstalled and after I installed su again, it tells me that my phone isn't rooted
 
 
11th April 2018, 04:18 PM |#2212  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
goods
man its very best supersu
11th April 2018, 09:06 PM |#2213  
jugoslavpetrovic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 950
 
More
Has the development of the SuperSu stopped?
11th April 2018, 09:49 PM |#2214  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugoslavpetrovic

Has the development of the SuperSu stopped?

There has been no announcements or communications from the current SuperSU owner for more than a year. You make the interpretation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 10:02 PM |#2215  
jugoslavpetrovic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 950
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

There has been no announcements or communications from the current SuperSU owner for more than a year. You make the interpretation.

So, what actually happened then? They brought it from chainfire for what? It makes no sense. At least they could make whatever announcement to public, I am sure they are capable of doing it even in simple form. Nonsense.
11th April 2018, 10:19 PM |#2216  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugoslavpetrovic

So, what actually happened then? They brought it from chainfire for what? It makes no sense. At least they could make whatever announcement to public, I am sure they are capable of doing it even in simple form. Nonsense.

New owners can make whatever business/technical decisions they choose including suspending communication/development/support. No capabilities were depreciated with the transition; product retains all features that were available when purchased. @Chainfire made no promises regarding perpetual development or support. In short, you got what you paid for. Do I like what is happening? Absolutely not! But there is nothing "we" can so short of voting with our wallets should the new owners present another consumer offering for consideration. A two word rebuke immediately comes to mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 10:37 PM |#2217  
jugoslavpetrovic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 950
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

New owners can make whatever business/technical decisions they choose including suspending communication/development/support. No capabilities were depreciated associated with the transition; product retains all features that were available when purchased. @Chainfire made no promises regarding perpetual development or support. In short, you got what you paid for. Do I like what is happening? Absolutely not! But there is nothing that "we" can so short of voting with our wallets should the new owners present another consumer offering for consideration. A two word rebuke immediately comes to mind.

Yea, I know they are not obligated to do anything but my opinion is that they could at least. Vast of devices are running with that root and it's kind of big deal considering safety and security of data. I see no issues with latest beta build so far, the SR5 runs great on my side but who can tell if it should be updated with security since then.
11th April 2018, 11:21 PM |#2218  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,372
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugoslavpetrovic

Yea, I know they are not obligated to do anything but my opinion is that they could at least. Vast of devices are running with that root and it's kind of big deal considering safety and security of data. I see no issues with latest beta build so far, the SR5 runs great on my side but who can tell if it should be updated with security since then.

I suspect that they're using it for there own purposes but have no desire to continue supporting it externally. If you're worried about patches etc, or if it stops working, there's always Magisk. I made that move, reluctantly, when I moved to 8.1 - but it's working fine. I really liked SuperSU though.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 11:26 PM |#2219  
jugoslavpetrovic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 950
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

I suspect that they're using it for there own purposes but have no desire to continue supporting it externally. If you're worried about patches etc, or if it stops working, there's always Magisk. I made that move, reluctantly, when I moved to 8.1 - but it's working fine. I really liked SuperSU though.

I have not very well experience with magisk back in the days when I tried, some builds ago. I was loosing root after boot, don't know why but maybe I could give it a chance again with latest. Anyway for me SuperSU was great always.
The Following User Says Thank You to jugoslavpetrovic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jugoslavpetrovic Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 11:34 PM |#2220  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,372
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugoslavpetrovic

I have not very well experience with magisk back in the days when I tried, some builds ago. I was loosing root after boot, don't know why but maybe I could give it a chance again with latest. Anyway for me SuperSU was great always.

Like I said I really liked SuperSU but with it being dead for all practical purposes I figured it was time to move on.
I'm running the 16.3 beta of Magisk and have had no issues so far. (Nexus 5x, Validus ROM, Franco kernel)
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 11:36 PM |#2221  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugoslavpetrovic

I have not very well experience with magisk back in the days when I tried, some builds ago. I was loosing root after boot, don't know why but maybe I could give it a chance again with latest. Anyway for me SuperSU was great always.

If you like SuperSU (suggest 2.82 SR5) stick with it until it no longer meets your needs. Works on the vast majority of devices and ROMs through Android 7.1.2. A fair number of Oreo users report successful outcomes; others not so much. The latter group usually finds some level of zen with more recent Magisk builds. While the latest is v16.x you might find 15.3 a better solution. See Magisk threads for details.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes