[STABLE][2017.05.27] SuperSU v2.82

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 842

By SuperSU Release, Junior Member on 1st September 2016, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2018, 08:30 PM |#2241  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I installed the SuperSU Zip file via TWRP and it soft bricked my phone. It's an LG Optimus L90 D415 and whenever I boot it up it gets stuck on the white T-Mobile screen. Is there a way to fix this without wiping all my data?

15th April 2018, 09:29 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 1,224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbro2

I installed the SuperSU Zip file via TWRP and it soft bricked my phone. It's an LG Optimus L90 D415 and whenever I boot it up it gets stuck on the white T-Mobile screen. Is there a way to fix this without wiping all my data?

Install a stock boot image. Should be a gzipped backup in /data if you don't have a copy handy. Or just try installing SuperSU-sr5 over the current install. https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...68133/page1194
17th April 2018, 03:44 AM |#2243  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Wrong hash code for v2.78 apk
FYI: According to HashTools the actual MD5 hash code for the v2.78 apk on SuperSU.com is 6C0FA9509866952AED58E06DE6BECA10, but the site shows the hash code as fcdc5c1e081d81e2e31be4d26dc37bd9
The Following User Says Thank You to Meditating_Apes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Meditating_Apes Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 04:27 AM |#2244  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,037

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditating_Apes

FYI: According to HashTools the actual MD5 hash code for the v2.78 apk on SuperSU.com is 6C0FA9509866952AED58E06DE6BECA10, but the site shows the hash code as fcdc5c1e081d81e2e31be4d26dc37bd9

Confirmed. Reflects yet another blunder (casual indifference) by the current SuperSU owner, Coding Code Mobile Technology.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 12:11 PM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 1,135

More
FWIW, many of these downloads are still available through Chainfire's G+ page. There is an index of posts available on his website.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Yesterday, 08:43 PM |#2247  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello everyone,

I had set a PIN on this SuperSU version, which was systemless, and have now forgotten it. As it is systemless, the pin code fle should be in /su/etc, though I cannot access this through recovery (TWRP), I can only see it on the booted Android, where I of course can not remove it.

Is there a way to get to that pin file in Recovery?

EDIT:

I have found that I could mount the /data/su.img file within Recovery. I had done so using
Code:
mount -o rw /data/su.img /mnt/temp1
and removed the pin file from there. Sorry to disturb anyone who was notified about the issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hammi1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hammi1 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 10:53 PM |#2248  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammi1

Hello everyone,

I had set a PIN on this SuperSU version, which was systemless, and have now forgotten it. As it is systemless, the pin code fle should be in /su/etc, though I cannot access this through recovery (TWRP), I can only see it on the booted Android, where I of course can not remove it.

Is there a way to get to that pin file in Recovery?

EDIT:

I have found that I could mount the /data/su.img file within Recovery. I had done so using and removed the pin file from there. Sorry to disturb anyone who was notified about the issue.

No worries, it's a solution for users that might face a problem alike and cannot find it.

Sent from my SM-A530F using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)