By SuperSU Release, Junior Member on 1st September 2016, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2019, 04:07 AM |#2771  
Thanks Meter: 9,290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n

Dead app

One thing I've noticed about the dead...very stable. Some folk view that as an attribute.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free

10th September 2019, 06:37 AM |#2772  
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Didn't say it didn't work, said it was dead as in no longer supported. Most devices will have a hard time getting it to work under Android 9 and 10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
10th September 2019, 12:08 PM |#2773  

More
Quote:

Didn't say it didn't work, said it was dead as in no longer supported. Most devices will have a hard time getting it to work under Android 9 and 10.

Absolutely. I prefer the simplicity/stability of SuperSU for Nougat and below; Magisk for Android 8+ (if I bother to root those devices at all).
10th September 2019, 08:31 PM |#2774  
Thanks Meter: 621

More
I'd go back to SuperSU if I could on a heartbeat, if it was being updated by responsible people, and not by a party like ccmt nobody ever heard about, buys apps then add tracking and subsequently drop all development.

Oh and even their own forums were filled with spam last time I went there, on this so-called 'official website'.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ch3vr0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ch3vr0n Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 11:33 AM |#2775  

More
Quote:

I'd go back to SuperSU if I could on a heartbeat, if it was being updated by responsible people, and not by a party like ccmt nobody ever heard about, buys apps then add tracking and subsequently drop all development.

Oh and even their own forums were filled with spam last time I went there, on this so-called 'official website'.

CCMT certainly could have handled their decision to effectively retire SuperSU with in a more professional manner. That said, they are in good company with many other app/service custodians taking a similar path (abandonment).

Personally I could care less about CCMT when it come to deciding which root manager to deploy on older platforms. SuperSU 2.82 SR5 is largely the original developer's work. I gets the job done w/o drama, tracking, etc. I will continue to use it until it is no longer the right choice for my use cases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)