FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.10.01] suhide-lite v1.09 [EXPERIMENTAL/UNSUPPORTED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,011

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th August 2017, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2017, 09:20 PM |#31  
Recognized Developer / Retired Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,589

Donate to Me
More
Great work
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th August 2017, 10:08 PM |#32  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Gave this a try out of curiosity, and it seems like hiding root from apps such as Snapchat and Mario Run work great. However, I'm unable to pass SafetyNet.

I'm doing this simply out of curiosity and do not require SafetyNet to be passed, but I'm just playing around with this and seeing if I can make it work. I'm wondering if I did need it to pass, do I need to hide something other than Google Play Services in suhide? Also, should I be selecting the "hide root" option (red icon) or hidden from other apps (blue icon)?

I am using a Google Pixel XL, so I'm not sure if this may be the reason of SafetyNet failing (because of the A/B layout).
9th August 2017, 10:27 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysidhu_

Gave this a try out of curiosity, and it seems like hiding root from apps such as Snapchat and Mario Run work great. However, I'm unable to pass SafetyNet.

I'm doing this simply out of curiosity and do not require SafetyNet to be passed, but I'm just playing around with this and seeing if I can make it work. I'm wondering if I did need it to pass, do I need to hide something other than Google Play Services in suhide? Also, should I be selecting the "hide root" option (red icon) or hidden from other apps (blue icon)?

I am using a Google Pixel XL, so I'm not sure if this may be the reason of SafetyNet failing (because of the A/B layout).

Are you in stock rom? Because Safetynet has two steps, the CTS and the basic integrity check. Normally the first one only goes into stock roms (the custom roms devs modify the information in build.prop and so the device is not recognized as certified by Google) and the basic integrity check passes if you can hide root or any similar modification what you have done in the system
The Following User Says Thank You to KaMyKaSii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KaMyKaSii Ad-Free
9th August 2017, 10:30 PM |#34  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 622

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii

Are you in stock rom? Because Safetynet has two steps, the CTS and the basic integrity check. Normally the first one only goes into stock roms (the custom roms devs modify the information in build.prop and so the device is not recognized as certified by Google) and the basic integrity check passes if you can hide root or any similar modification what you have done in the system

I am running PureNexus and I also noticed my Play Store shows uncertified. I'm guessing these are the culprits as to why it was failing. All good as I don't need it to pass, I was simply curious and decided to give it a try.

It's still great to be able to login to Snapchat without having to unroot first though! Thanks for the information, it was helpful

Update:
A simple restart gave me certified on the Play Store and SafteyNet passed! However, suhide still has a green checkmark for Google Play services and yet it still passed

Update 2:
Left my phone for a few mins and when I went to scan my fingerprint, the reader was unresponsive. Same went for hardware buttons; had to force restart and now SafetyNet is back to failing (I still have certified in Play Store). I also noticed Play Services reverts back to a green checkmark every time I change it to hide root. Once I reenter the app, it's back to green. No big deal for me but it's definitely interesting to observe all that's going on with this lol
10th August 2017, 04:31 AM |#35  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
@Chainfire,i used the superuser.apk that was inside the zip to install the update,so i just would need to flash the Update -suhide.zip i twrp correct?
10th August 2017, 05:15 AM |#36  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Does citrix secure hub run constantly in the background, or do you just need it now and then ?

Have you read the instructions in the About screen as stated ?

Have you tried hiding the SuperSU GUI ? (3x volup/voldown alternate) Because that is what it's detecting.

It's not detecting the su binary, I assume you already hid root from the hub ?

Try clear Google Play Store and Google Play Services app data.

Netflix shows for me on a freshly installed device.

Now it works as it should, thank you Chainfire!
10th August 2017, 05:16 AM |#37  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I flashed all successfully but something is going wrong. HTC U11 DUALsim, ROM Viper 1.6.0 no Magisk, stock kernel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170810-111336.png
Views:	680
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	4237292  
10th August 2017, 07:31 AM |#38  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

not that I'm particularly interested, but i'll blarp here too

Seriously, what kind of comment is that?

You messaged me a similar empty statement on IRC.

If you have something to say, say it...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2017, 07:37 AM |#39  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysidhu_

I am running PureNexus and I also noticed my Play Store shows uncertified. I'm guessing these are the culprits as to why it was failing. All good as I don't need it to pass, I was simply curious and decided to give it a try.

It's still great to be able to login to Snapchat without having to unroot first though! Thanks for the information, it was helpful

Update:
A simple restart gave me certified on the Play Store and SafteyNet passed! However, suhide still has a green checkmark for Google Play services and yet it still passed

Update 2:
Left my phone for a few mins and when I went to scan my fingerprint, the reader was unresponsive. Same went for hardware buttons; had to force restart and now SafetyNet is back to failing (I still have certified in Play Store). I also noticed Play Services reverts back to a green checkmark every time I change it to hide root. Once I reenter the app, it's back to green. No big deal for me but it's definitely interesting to observe all that's going on with this lol

You don't need to checkmark Google Play Services - in fact, you should not. SafetyNet is hidden from automatically.

The reason the checkmark doesn't show up right is a logic issue with UI. Multiple Google packages use the same UID, it only shows the checkmark changed for the first one. That'll be fixed next update.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2017, 07:38 AM |#40  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donthateme702

@Chainfire,i used the superuser.apk that was inside the zip to install the update,so i just would need to flash the Update -suhide.zip i twrp correct?

SR2 needs to ZIP flashed in SBIN mode. As per the instructions.
10th August 2017, 07:39 AM |#41  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallKING81

I flashed all successfully but something is going wrong. HTC U11 DUALsim, ROM Viper 1.6.0 no Magisk, stock kernel.

Probably the props from the custom ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)