FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.15] suhide-lite v1.08 [EXPERIMENTAL/UNSUPPORTED]

11,190 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,415

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th August 2017, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2017, 10:14 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

suhide-lite is an experimental (and officially unsupported) mod for SuperSU that can selectively hide root (the su binary) from other applications. It can also toggle visibility of packages (such as SuperSU).

SafetyNet verified passing on 2017.08.10.

This is ultimately a losing game (see the next post). suhide may stop working at any time.

Requirements
- SuperSU v2.82 SR2 or newer (link)
- SuperSU installed in SBIN mode (default on O+)
- Android 6.0 or newer
- TWRP (3.0.2 or newer with access to /data), FlashFire is not (yet) supported.

Xposed
Not supported.

CyanogenMod/LineageOS
Not currently tested or supported. Might work, might not.

Custom kernels/ROMs
If they changed build props, they will probably fail SafetyNet check (for now).

Installation

First make sure you are using SuperSU in SBIN mode on Android 6.x and 7.x
- Boot into TWRP
--- adb shell: echo "BINDSBIN=true">/data/.supersu
--- OR: flash SuperSU Config and select Systemless SBIN mode
- Reflash SuperSU v2.82 SR2 or newer
- Reboot into Android at least once

With SuperSU in SBIN mode
- Flash the suhide ZIP in TWRP
- Reboot into Android

If your TWRP does not fully decrypt /data, reflashing the SuperSU ZIP and immediately flashing the suhide ZIP without rebooting in between may sometimes allow suhide to be installed as well where it would otherwise throw an error.

Usage

The suhide GUI available from your app drawer should be fairly self-explanatory. The About tab lists further instructions.

Advanced usage

You can manually add/remove/list entries to suhide's blacklist by using these commands:

/sbin/supersu/suhide/add UID-or-processname
/sbin/supersu/suhide/rm UID-or-processname
/sbin/supersu/suhide/list

App package names are usually the same as the process name, but not always. Using the UID is safer. You can find the UID by running 'ps -n' (6.x/7.x) or 'ps -An' (8.x). The UID is the first column, and is a 5-digit number starting with 10: 10xxx.

Uninstall

Remove /data/adb/su/suhide folder in TWRP's file manager. You can uninstall the suhide app through Android's settings.

Download

UPDATE-suhide-v1.08-20170815171034.zip

In case that bootloops, try the old v1.00 version, and let me know your device and firmware:
UPDATE-suhide-v1.00-20170809130405.zip

For the the past few security releases and the Oreo upgrade, I've always followed the full procedure to reinstall SuperSu 2.82-SR3 and suhide.v1.08. However, I noticed on this latest upgrade to the Oreo Sept 2017 security updates, that suhide appears to still be installed after completing the upgrade. (This time I "unhid" SuperSu and suhide prior to flashing the full OTA). I did have to flash SuperSu from the modded TWRP to recover root. But once I did that it appears that suhide was still fully installed and functional. So I have not reflashed suhide at this point and all seems to be working fine in terms of hiding root. (Haven't attempted to pay with Android Pay yet, but SafetyNet Helper passes still.) So - I guess I am wondering what the recommended procedure is after taking version upgrades and/or the monthly security updates? Should we still flash both SuperSu and suhide or just flash SuperSu and expect suhide to not require a reflash/reinstall?

Thanks!

S

14th September 2017, 04:44 PM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 459

More
@Chainfire a simple question. After applying an update and re-rooting do we need to reflash su-hide? or should we be good to go?
14th September 2017, 06:02 PM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n

That's because you don't need 2.82, you need 2.82-SR3.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Sorry, I forgot to say, I'm using SuperSU 2.82-SR3.
14th September 2017, 06:07 PM |#414  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:

@Chainfire a simple question. After applying an update and re-rooting do we need to reflash su-hide? or should we be good to go?

If you did not wipe data, I do not think so. After installing SuperSU again (and consequently patching boot.img), suhide will also activate at the next boot. But just to be sure, you can check the existence of the /data/adb/su/suhide folder and also the /data/adb/su/su.d/zz99suhide script
14th September 2017, 09:01 PM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
When I flash suhide v.108 in TWRP I have ERROR 1. Why ?
14th September 2017, 09:17 PM |#416  

More
Who knows? Why don't you start by posting the FULL ERROR MESSAGE and/or twrp log. Not just saying 'error 1'. That alone means squat diddely doo.

14th September 2017, 09:35 PM |#417  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Who knows? Why don't you start by posting the FULL ERROR MESSAGE and/or twrp log. Not just saying 'error 1'. That alone means squat diddely doo.

I followed this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...onfig-t3655754 (all Auto-detect), but then I installed Su in Systemless SBIN and it's ok
14th September 2017, 10:28 PM |#418  

More
What's ok? Obviously since I'm running suhide I've already installed su in systemless sbin mode before the config zip was even available. That's not the question. The question is can I update from my current stock ROM 7.1.2 to 8.0.0 without needing to reflash suhide after rerooting (through flashfire)?

14th September 2017, 11:34 PM |#419  
Thanks Meter: 829

More
Quote:

What's ok? Obviously since I'm running suhide I've already installed su in systemless sbin mode before the config zip was even available. That's not the question. The question is can I update from my current stock ROM 7.1.2 to 8.0.0 without needing to reflash suhide after rerooting (through flashfire)?

I agree with KaMyKaSii. If you don't wipe /data you should be fine. If you do wipe you'll definitely have to reinstall.

That said, going from 7.x to 8, personally I'd probably do a clean install - which would mean wiping data and reinstalling apps (including re-flashing suhide). Since Supersu defaults to sbin mode with Oreo at least I wouldn't have to worry about /data/.supersu
15th September 2017, 09:12 PM |#420  

More
Well I took the plunge. Updated to Oreo, rooted again with SR3. Everything just peachy and didn't reflash suhide zip

16th September 2017, 04:56 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Hi.

How can I hide root in Apps? I try it with phone info pro but the apps says every try...phone status root : yes

Hope you can help me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)