FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2016.10.10] suhide v0.55 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,038

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 29th August 2016, 11:15 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th September 2016, 11:00 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ker~Man

Would i just ignore the CM-related parts of your guide, @Wetzel402?

I believe so.

Flash SuperSU and SUhide. If you get a "not found" error when running the terminal commands then you need to reflash SUhide using FlashFire instead. The "echo" command is to force SuperSU to install as systemless but it installs in systemless mode by default if I am not mistaken provided your ROM supports it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wetzel402 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wetzel402 Ad-Free

24th September 2016, 11:04 PM |#1002  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402

I believe so.

Flash SuperSU and SUhide. If you get a "not found" error when running the terminal commands then you need to reflash SUhide using FlashFire instead. The "echo" command is to force SuperSU to install as systemless but it installs in systemless mode by default if I am not mistaken provided your ROM supports it.

When I used tge echo command in TWRP that the other gentleman provided, after pressing enter the cursor just drops to the next line with the hashtag at the beginning, again... Thats when i just back out of that and install the appropriate Supersu and suhide. Sound right?
24th September 2016, 11:07 PM |#1003  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When I used tge echo command in TWRP that the other gentleman provided, after pressing enter the cursor just drops to the next line with the hashtag at the beginning, again... Thats when i just back out of that and install the appropriate Supersu and suhide. Sound right?

Correct.
24th September 2016, 11:12 PM |#1004  
Flag Louisville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402

Correct.

Is magisk required to accomplish what im trying to do? Just curious.
24th September 2016, 11:14 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 453

More
Quote:

I know, but did you see the issue i stated afterward? Root is gone! And not to mention, ive seen like a billion very slightly different variations of that echo command ppl are posting in here - of which all are simply just stupid little typos. But that leaves those of us like myself not knowing which if any is the 100% correct one. For example ive seen differentiations like two ">" and some with one ">" then with spaces on the sides of those symbols, then some with no spaces... Who the Hell is supposed to know when no body can type something of such importance 100% correctly when giving instructions?! Is yours the right one? Beats me - still didnt work on my end... I appreciate the help, though, as i said... Just irritating AF when something so simple keeps coming up with a little (yet huge) problem, over and over again. All I know is that something is NOT right...

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

And if im not running CM? TouchWiz, instead...? Would i just ignore the CM-related parts of your guide, @Wetzel402?

Earlier in the thread i screen shot this cause it explained this for me
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474755248921.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	3885288

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to pharmdeon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pharmdeon Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 11:16 PM |#1006  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is magisk required to accomplish what im trying to do? Just curious.

Not anymore

Sent from my SCH-R220
The Following User Says Thank You to mattzeller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattzeller Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 11:19 PM |#1007  
Flag Louisville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdeon

Earlier in the thread i screen shot this cause it explained this for me
Attachment 3885288

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Good find... Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

Not anymore

Sent from my SCH-R220

How would/could magisk benefit, per @Wetzel402's guide?
25th September 2016, 01:21 AM |#1008  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can anyone confirm if Good For Enterprise 3.2.3.446 is working with suhide v0.53 ?
25th September 2016, 01:46 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 615

More
Yes, you can by trying it.
25th September 2016, 02:14 AM |#1010  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How would/could magisk benefit, per @Wetzel402's guide?

No benefit. I had to install it since the systemless Xposed zip checks for Magisk.
25th September 2016, 02:16 AM |#1011  
Flag Louisville

More
Okay... I've tried the same process(es) countless times. Not missing a single step. I have followed @Wetzel402's and @mattzeller's guides to the "T" and upon rebooting after flashing SuperSu "systemlessly" it continuously says "no Su binary found" within SuperSu apk. No root. Gone. Kaput. 100% non existent. I can't seem to get around this for anything. Freaking balls. Has ANYBODY gotten this to work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 7? And if so, how about using TekHD's ROM? Any and all continuous help is beyond appreciated. I can't imagine life without either PoGo OR XPosed!!! Please HALP!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread