FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2016.10.10] suhide v0.55 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,015

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 29th August 2016, 11:15 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th March 2017, 05:09 PM |#5881  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,091

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon151102

And how can I fix it? (Im not meaning the bootloopšŸ˜)

Since I am not currently taking follow up questions, I'll just refer you to the patches I used to resolve my problems, and the particular AOSP commit you can revert if you feel like building from source.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...pixel-t3520001

We only just got a working Magisk build for Pixel. It relies on the TWRP boot image patches for selecting boot mode on A/B partition devices. It is a bit odd because it makes TWRP a prerequisite for functional Magisk on the Pixel, but the kernel hackery that allows normal boot to happen from the recovery filesystem is a bit weird to begin with.

In any case, I am not sure how long I will keep patching the runtime files on Pixel to enable suhide if Magisk works out for us.

28th March 2017, 07:20 PM |#5882  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
@Fenny wow you are still updating that for yourself and hosting the patch?! Awesome! OT?: aren't you off suhide already because of slowdowns or am I making things up? I guess not if you're fixing it for pixel.

I believe there is a misconception here and someone correct me if I'm incorrect but suhide does not work to hide the ACTIVE root status of your phone (anymore? Ever?) You NEED root switch with or without xposed, system or otherwise (86.2 topjohnwu-which leads to my next thought) to disable the root status to sign in. Xposed becomes another animal, in both magisk and cfsu. Suhide .55 has a BUG that hides active systemless xposed 86.2 topjohnwu from apps detecting it. Namely allowing ALL modules to stay active....? I thought you needed to disable root in root switch to get pgo and banking and AP to work?

Edit: never used the GUI. Perhaps selecting apps in the GUI works to maintain root status? I still believe a *bug* of this is hiding systemless xposed tjw
4th April 2017, 03:28 AM |#5883  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2432

Rom status? A security update in November causes non boots. You can fix it yourself if you learn a bit of code and it should work all the way to newer updates @Fenny ?? But I believe he's also on magisk now instead. I used to use both but have since not kept up on magisk as much :/

It's stock rom. I know basic C++. How would I go about writing something like that? What language?
4th April 2017, 04:05 AM |#5884  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowtwinkies

It's stock rom. I know basic C++. How would I go about writing something like that? What language?

Click the link in the post above mine!!

All you from there, someone else did mine and I didn't do it on my lg, still on October patch
7th April 2017, 05:24 PM |#5885  
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 798

Donate to Me
More
Just got an update to Samsung Pay 1.3. Anyone know if Suhide works hiding root in this version? Magisk use to work for SP 1.2, but not 1.3.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs
7th April 2017, 05:41 PM |#5886  
Thanks Meter: 614

More
Really simple answer as said a couple dozen times lately. Check your ROM security patch level. If it's November 2016 or higher, suhide WILL NOT WORK
The Following User Says Thank You to Ch3vr0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ch3vr0n Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 01:15 PM |#5887  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrady

Just got an update to Samsung Pay 1.3. Anyone know if Suhide works hiding root in this version? Magisk use to work for SP 1.2, but not 1.3.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

if you are on LOS/CM based rom, you could give iSu a try
on my GT-I9505 (Samsung s4 intl.) with latest JDCTeam Optimizes LOS14 (link) i am able to pass SN. it has also a ro.prop editor to fake props for other root checks, too.
11th April 2017, 11:45 AM |#5888  

More
SafetyNet update, somewhere between 3 and 5 hours ago does any1 know if there is still any proper working root hide method (to pass SN)
11th April 2017, 12:40 PM |#5889  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Shadowsoul

( does any1 know if there is still any proper working root hide method (to pass SN)

Magisk 12.0 with Magisk Hide works fine. Currently passing SafetyNet. But not with SuperSU as superuser, only when using MagiskSU. suhide update might still take some time. I'm not sure if it really is a good idea to wait for it.
11th April 2017, 12:44 PM |#5890  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag68

Magisk 12.0 with Magisk Hide works fine. Currently passing SafetyNet. But not with SuperSU as superuser, only when using MagiskSU. suhide update might still take some time. I'm not sure if it really is a good idea to wait for it.

like i have posted before, i am using iSu currently, and it worked... up to ~5-6h ago
11th April 2017, 03:42 PM |#5891  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag68

tried magisk, but no luck added play services and SN-req. apps and rebooted, in-magisk SN test and SafetyNet attest app both failed, CTS-Profile mismatch
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread