FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2016.10.10] suhide v0.55 [EXPERIMENTAL/UNSUPPORTED]

11,009 posts
Thanks Meter: 83,880

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 29th August 2016, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2017, 09:10 AM |#5941  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 1,596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLBeev

Do you mean NBD90Z 7.0.0 October 2016 and no further updates >?<

Yup...

Edit: There are patches you can apply for later security updates, I believe. They're in this thread somewhere...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free

16th June 2017, 04:09 PM |#5942  
Flag Scheveningen
Thanks Meter: 1,132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

...There are patches you can apply for later security updates, I believe. They're in this thread somewhere...

Will search... I've compared Oct-Nov2016 images.
New bootloader 72.01, new boot.img, 315 different system files.
Hopefully it's not the bootloader. Now on 73.01.
17th June 2017, 12:39 AM |#5943  
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:

Yup...

Edit: There are patches you can apply for later security updates, I believe. They're in this thread somewhere...

So are you saying that SUHIDE 0.55 can work with current releases of 7.1.2, 7.1.2 and ODP3?
That's not my understanding.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
17th June 2017, 10:27 AM |#5944  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxoom33

So are you saying that SUHIDE 0.55 can work with current releases of 7.1.2, 7.1.2 and ODP3?
That's not my understanding.

No, that's not at all what I'm saying... Just that I've seen that suhide can be made to work with security patches dated after November 2016. I have no idea how far those patches can go... They most likely stop working at some point around 7.1.x or earlier releases.
17th June 2017, 04:29 PM |#5945  
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:

No, that's not at all what I'm saying... Just that I've seen that suhide can be made to work with security patches dated after November 2016. I have no idea how far those patches can go... They most likely stop working at some point around 7.1.x or earlier releases.

Can you be specific, I haven't seen anything that I can hang my hat on. It doesn't sound like it may be applicable to the Nexus or Pixel devices running 7.1.1 or later...

17th June 2017, 04:53 PM |#5946  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxoom33

Can you be specific, I haven't seen anything that I can hang my hat on. It doesn't sound like it may be applicable to the Nexus or Pixel devices running 7.1.1 or later...

I was gonna say no, then my curiosity got the better of me, I did a quick search for "bootloop" in this thread and a couple of clicks later I found this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...pixel-t3520001

That link is Pixel XL specific, but the patches can probably be applied to other devices.
17th June 2017, 08:29 PM |#5947  
Flag Scheveningen

More
Nexus 6; decrypted; stock; fkernel r67.
In TWRP I've backed up the boot partition twice. First unrooted and secondly rooted with su282sr1.
Restoring the unrooted boot partition in TWRP hides root after a reboot and safety net shows only CTS profile mismatch.
Searching for solution.... Found possible cause: unlocked bootloader and updated Google Play Services API since update in November 2016.
17th June 2017, 08:38 PM |#5948  
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Unlocked bootloader triggering safety net fail is old news. That was established months ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
17th June 2017, 10:21 PM |#5949  
Flag Scheveningen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n

safety net fail is old news.

November 2016 to be exact.
EDIT. This is recalled because there's no solution. Previous post includes an idea to switch the boot partition to unroot fkernel r67. That requires a reboot, but passes safety net's basic integrity. Still CTS profile mismatch.....
Maybe Google Play Services needs a patch.
My hope is to get response about switching boot partitions and patching GPS.
The Following User Says Thank You to NLBeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NLBeev Ad-Free
20th June 2017, 07:30 PM |#5950  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Suhide not working on my device on any rom,
even on marshmallow after flashing suhide device stucks on bootanimation.
20th June 2017, 07:46 PM |#5951  
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Old news. Read the last couple dozen pages. It doesn't work on just about ANY rom with security patch level of November '16 or higher.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)