FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Super su Root Undetected

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By Tmzdroid, Senior Member on 25th May 2017, 07:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have just updated supersu through the play store and am now getting "Root Undetected " when I open the app. My phone is a Galaxy gt i9305 running a stock based TouchWiz 4.4.4 rom any suggestions please?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tmzdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tmzdroid Ad-Free

25th May 2017, 03:16 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Far Side of the Moon
Thanks Meter: 43

More
So I had to restore a backup which uses the previous SuperSu 2.79 and all is well again. Looking at the reviews on Google play store I'm not the only one having problems with version 2.80. Will this problem be getting sorted anytime soon because this is an important app for me and my confidence in using it is draining fast.

There is a version 2.81 on Google playstore right now (although it's still saying v2.80) which works fine again for me.
25th May 2017, 03:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same deal here. Pretty upsetting, I don't have a backup handy. Does anyone have a link to the 2.79 version that can be flashed in TWRP? If I find it first I'll post it here for others' convenience.
25th May 2017, 03:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes I had same problem just 10 min ago
But I downloaded the zip of new version reflashed it ,works perfect
25th May 2017, 04:06 PM |#5  

More
Old (working) version SuperSU Download:

https://download.chainfire.eu/1021/S...etrieve_file=1

Just flashed in TWRP and all is well
The Following User Says Thank You to devytrip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devytrip Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 04:53 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devytrip

This one is not working for me! Just like the latest 2.8! I flash it on four devices! one fails the other three claim it was successful but there is NO SuperSu on any of the devices that I tried flashing it on with TWRP! I cannot give apps root access and it is like a device that is not rooted that was rooted before!

Anything else to try??
15th November 2017, 08:50 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devytrip

I installed this version. It's not working.
Thing is you install 2.79 with TWRp, after reboot. I used Root Checker Basic and Root Checker, they say no root. If you try to open SuperSu app, it will update to version 2.8. Same problem no root.

I am using Asus Zenfone ze552kl
The Following User Says Thank You to catalinrcd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift catalinrcd Ad-Free
5th May 2018, 12:26 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Having the same problem on my cm14.1.....is there a solution?
9th February 2019, 05:27 PM |#9  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same here bro. I tried all supersu zip version 2.67 to 2.82 sr5. Version 2.82 says root undetected and below this version says supersu can't install su binary. I tried to install su binary but it says no su binary.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)