FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did it work for you?

Yeah!
 
47 Vote(s)
66.20%
Nope.
 
24 Vote(s)
33.80%

[UPDATE] SuperSU Aroma Installer [2.78-SR4]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By LarappsOfDongle, Guest on 9th July 2016, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
SuperSU Aroma Installer! Choose your install method!

Hey guys, I found myself wanting to make sure SuperSU was going to install in system mode or systemless. With this you can! All you have to do is flash the zip in recovery, as soon as an update comes out I will release on here as well so you don't have to worry about not staying up to date.

-- Features
- Choose whether you want system or systemless install
- Option to install suHide
- Option to keep forceencrypt.
- Option to keep verity.
- Option to bind su/xbin and system/xbin.

-- Instructions
1. Download latest zip
2. Flash in recovery

-- Downloads
1. Attached to post

-- Updater
1. Run aroma-updater in a terminal (not termux) no root required.

-- Feature requests
1. State what you want specifically
2. You'll probably see it in following update

-- Changelog
07-09-2016
- Initial release (2.76)
08-06-16
- Fixed typo that kept it from using a system install
08-31-16
- Updated to 2.77
- Added option for suHide (systemless only)
09-15-16
- Updated to SR1 2.78
- Updated to suHide 0.16
09-18-16
- Updated to suHide 0.52
10-16-16
- Added more options for SuperSU
- suHide app option
11-16-16
- Fixed script issues
- Added updater
- Updated to SR4

-- Notes
I will try to assist if you have problems, some Chinese phones have TWRP's that don't work with Aroma. Other than that though this should work universally.

Thanks and rating the thread is appreciated.
The Following 82 Users Say Thank You to LarappsOfDongle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LarappsOfDongle Ad-Free
 
 
9th July 2016, 02:12 PM |#2  
Syahid M.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
So how is it works?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Does it work on marsmallow?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
LarappsOfDongle
9th July 2016, 02:13 PM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syahid M.

So how is it works?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Does it work on marsmallow?

Works on all versions, all you have to do is flash zip in recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 02:15 PM |#4  
Syahid M.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

Works on all versions, all you have to do is flash zip in recovery.

Ok, and thank you, this will help a lot of peoples 😀 (sorry, bad english)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
9th July 2016, 02:49 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thank you for this! It works for me
9th July 2016, 09:16 PM |#6  
Shadowghoster's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag I bet you want to know that
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Thanks RatchetPanda, love seeing you making Aroma installers of useful projects like SuperSU and Arise
LarappsOfDongle
9th July 2016, 10:34 PM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowghoster

Thanks RatchetPanda, love seeing you making Aroma installers of useful projects like SuperSU and Arise

Reason I made it was I also use systemless Xposed and the ROM I was on forced system install which I didn't want. Glad you like it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
11th July 2016, 04:00 AM |#8  
SacredDeviL666's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 1,854
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

Reason I made it was I also use systemless Xposed and the ROM I was on forced system install which I didn't want. Glad you like it.

nice one would try it out

12th July 2016, 05:44 PM |#9  
Chainfire's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 83,890
 
Donate to Me
More
Perhaps you could make a version that installs whatever is inside /sdcard/supersu.zip ? In that case, you wouldn't need to release an update with every version.

(See https://su.chainfire.eu/ for the commands to install the ZIP from another ZIP)

Note that I never included AROMA myself because SuperSU supports many more phones than AROMA does.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
LarappsOfDongle
12th July 2016, 05:55 PM |#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Perhaps you could make a version that installs whatever is inside /sdcard/supersu.zip ? In that case, you wouldn't need to release an update with every version.

(See https://su.chainfire.eu/ for the commands to install the ZIP from another ZIP)

Note that I never included AROMA myself because SuperSU supports many more phones than AROMA does.

Yeah I know the commands, I'll for sure look into that, @kl3 has the tweak.prop search and install so I bet I could modify his to search for 'supersu.zip' on /sdcard.

Aroma supports most phones however when the TWRP maintainer for that device does not include a couple things it doesn't work. Low end phones usually have most problems with Aroma.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
12th July 2016, 05:59 PM |#11  
Chainfire's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 83,890
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

Yeah I know the commands, I'll for sure look into that, @kl3 has the tweak.prop search and install so I bet I could modify his to search for 'supersu.zip' on /sdcard.

Aroma supports most phones however when the TWRP maintainer for that device does not include a couple things it doesn't work. Low end phones usually have most problems with Aroma.

It doesn't support some complete architectures supported by SuperSU, and it doesn't support phones that do not have direct framebuffer support or whatever flavor of Qualcomm special driver support also happens to be in AROMA.

Do not mistake most phones you know of supporting it with most phones supporting it. While you may technically be correct and it being 51% (just making that up), there are millions upon millions of devices out there that do not support it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes