FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SUPPORT] Update failures

11,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,990

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 16th October 2014, 10:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2017, 03:35 PM |#951  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Fixed It
On my Moto X, I was eventually able to boot into fastboot by repeatedly pressing the volume down button at a rate of about twice per second. (Holding it down or any other method would not lead to fastboot.)

Once in fastboot I booted into TWRP and restored a full backup from a few months ago and it worked.

I updated everything except SuperSU, used it for a few days to make sure it was the way I wanted it, then backed up through TWRP.

7th June 2017, 10:45 PM |#952  

More
I was able to fix my problem by using unSU. I haven't rerooted yet, but that part is pretty straightforward. Hopefully, this helps someone else.
16th June 2017, 07:04 PM |#953  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Please help me.... I assume I have installed updated to that infamous 2.80 few days ago...installed a binary and all that. Today, I rebooted my phone and got stuck in bootloop....only advice I found on thread was to flash 2.79 zip...so I went into recovery, cleared cache and dalvik and flashed it, but the phone is still bootlooping. I disabled xposed, assuming it might help(used a zip for disabling it which apparently makes a disabled file in xposed's folder...) but that didn't help either. I really need to fix this... Anyways, I am using Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with dual recovery(PhilZ Touch 6.59.0, ClockworkMod v6.0.5.1 an TWRP v.2.8.7.0), locked bootloader cause I can't unlock it on this one... I hope somebody can guide me through this and help soon....
16th June 2017, 07:20 PM |#954  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizla2

Please help me.... I assume I have installed updated to that infamous 2.80 few days ago...installed a binary and all that. Today, I rebooted my phone and got stuck in bootloop....only advice I found on thread was to flash 2.79 zip...so I went into recovery, cleared cache and dalvik and flashed it, but the phone is still bootlooping. I disabled xposed, assuming it might help(used a zip for disabling it which apparently makes a disabled file in xposed's folder...) but that didn't help either. I really need to fix this... Anyways, I am using Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with dual recovery(PhilZ Touch 6.59.0, ClockworkMod v6.0.5.1 an TWRP v.2.8.7.0), locked bootloader cause I can't unlock it on this one... I hope somebody can guide me through this and help soon....

Try osm0sis' unsu script. If that fixes your bootloop, you'll be unrooted. Then go back to what had worked. I'd suggest you turn off auto update in the play store for SuperSu.

Edit: You need to flash that file I linked to in recovery. I usually link to the thread

I would also suggest you search the stable and beta threads for your device.
16th June 2017, 07:49 PM |#955  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Try osm0sis' unsu script. If that fixes your bootloop, you'll be unrooted. Then go back to what had worked. I'd suggest you turn off auto update in the play store for SuperSu.

Edit: You need to flash that file I linked to in recovery. I usually link to the thread

I would also suggest you search the stable and beta threads for your device.

Actually, I have managed to fix it and the solution was a lot simpler than expected, I simply flashed THIS version of 2.79. @Chainfire linked this version in official post: https://download.chainfire.eu/1021/S...0114223742.zip and it seems to be different, I've seen other people reporting that this one does not fix the issue while the one on the official supersu site does...Might help some other people too...
27th June 2017, 07:40 PM |#956  

More
Moto X 2013 Optimizing
I'm currently running SuperSU 2.79 since all of my attempts to upgrade binary and APK to 2.82 resulted in all apps optimizing at every boot.

I'm curious what the status is on this bug, which has already been reported by others.

Until this is fixed I intend to stay with 2.79, but on I every boot I get "The SU binary needs to be updated!" message. Is there a way to suppress this message?

Thanks!
Spencer

Moto X 2013 / XT1060 32GB / 5.1 LPAS23.12-39.7.1
28th June 2017, 11:14 PM |#957  

More
Sony Z5 E5823 Android 7.0 was rooted fine. Playstore updated SuperSu to 2.82 and now I keep getting message 'The SU Binary needs to be updated'. The binary update fails. Is this possibly going to be fixed?
29th June 2017, 12:00 AM |#958  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfebay

Sony Z5 E5823 Android 7.0 was rooted fine. Playstore updated SuperSu to 2.82 and now I keep getting message 'The SU Binary needs to be updated'. The binary update fails. Is this possibly going to be fixed?

The 2.82 SR1 in the beta thread will probably fix it. You'll have to flash in recovery. Search that thread for your Z5 device, and you'll see there were problems. There was a "test" release that would be incorporated into the SR 1 release.
6th August 2017, 09:04 AM |#959  
Flag πειραιας
Thanks Meter: 4

More
gpd xd (gaming tablet)
4.4.4 custom rom legacy 1.8
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-and...at-for-gpd-xd/
2.82 free

after updating su binary from notification, my home and recent button doesnt work. recent works if i long press it but shows the option menu as expected.
i tested twice becayse first time i didnt know what caused it but today i reflashed the rom and install my apps one at a time.
im convinced that su caused this error.
is there a way to go to previous version or some kind of fix?
thank you
28th August 2017, 02:59 PM |#960  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm not sure in which topic to post this, but I guess this would be the best place.

My Xperia X gets stuck in an endless bootloop if I try flashing 2.8.2 SR3 with systemless SBIN mode using the aroma configurator, and changing nothing but the install method. I'm running the stock Sony firmware 34.3.A.0.194 with the Vodaphone AU carrier, which is Android 7.1.1. I have also used ta_poc to patch my bootloader and disable Sony RIC before installing SuperSU as otherwise it would fail to install.

I am able to root and boot successfully in regular systemless mode however with no issues however.

Attached my kernel crash log after over 5 consecutive reboots.
Attached Files
File Type: txt console-ramoops-0.txt - [Click for QR Code] (94.1 KB, 4 views)
28th August 2017, 03:54 PM |#961  

More
@Dave_247, I'd read through and post in the beta thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)