[SuperSU][System-Mode][2.82 SR5]

6,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,146

By mauam, Senior Member on 5th January 2016, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th December 2017, 02:50 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
When I tried to flash and install the SuperSU latest zip on "Aosp extended Oreo ROM for Moto G Falcon model it is not working. Adding a screenshot also below. Magisk is NOT installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.png
Views:	206
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	4354531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171207-192047.png
Views:	204
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	4354532  

8th December 2017, 12:17 AM |#562  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 1,885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben cherian

When I tried to flash and install the SuperSU latest zip on "Aosp extended Oreo ROM for Moto G Falcon model it is not working. Adding a screenshot also below. Magisk is NOT installed.

I get that error even with systemless on various ROMs. The fact that AEX booted with system mode means you're good on that point.
On other phone running Dirty Unicorns Nougat I kept getting that even after reflashing SU a couple of times. I then flashed 2.79 and updated via the Play Store.

Anyway, when that error dialog pops up you have the option to see possible fixes. One suggestion was to go into SU's settings and choose the cleanup for reinstallation from Play Store option. On one ROM I did that and just reflashed SU. It worked.
On DU it didn't so that's why I went down to 2.79 first. Not sure if 2.79 will work on Oreo.
I tried system mode SU on an early Tesla O build where it worked the first time.

I guess it's time to start playing with the O stuff again.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
The Following User Says Thank You to marcdw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcdw Ad-Free
9th December 2017, 09:06 PM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Why this leads to bootloop while i can install supersu in system mode with aroma installer?
10th December 2017, 11:48 AM |#564  
Flag Baldwin Park

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjay55

Why this leads to bootloop while i can install supersu in system mode with aroma installer?

You referring to Chainfire's Aroma configuration tool (which is _not_ an installer)?
If so I guess I should do some testing. I remember trying the system mode zip and selecting system mode in Aroma tool but ROM still didn't boot. That was awhile back, forgot what ROM it was.
I'll look for a ROM to test on. Which ROM do you use?

10th December 2017, 05:57 PM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

You referring to Chainfire's Aroma configuration tool (which is _not_ an installer)?

Yes i am. I flashed supersu zip after i configure it as system mode, it didnt boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

I'll look for a ROM to test on. Which ROM do you use?

I tried on two roms. Lineage and omni. They both didnt boot. Aroma configured system mode is working quite well though.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrubjay55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scrubjay55 Ad-Free
11th December 2017, 10:38 AM |#566  
Flag Baldwin Park

More
@scrubjay55, yeah, system mode is hit or on Nougat+ ROMs (and some Marshmallow like ParanoidAndroid).
I think the secpolicy of some ROMs is what may be the reason. Not sure.
System mode worked on Tesla N, Validus N, and a crDroid O test build. Also on plain AOSP-CAF ROMs. On a bunch of others though it didn't.
I noticed those ROMs above were all Permissive by default.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)