FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: .

.
 
0 Vote(s)
0%
.
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[SuperSU][System-Mode][2.82 SR5]

6,598 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,966
 
By mauam, Senior Member on 5th January 2016, 06:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2018, 09:17 AM |#591  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please help
My pra-lx1 (p8lite 2017) was already rooted and i flashed SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SYSTEMMODE.zip and my phone was plugged in huawei logos but i can enter twrp. I didn't use any custom roms. Can some one help please?
 
 
13th June 2018, 08:28 PM |#592  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Nexus 6P ABC ROM
I've tried every single zip file attached to this thread and even put the "SYSTEMLESS=false" in the /data/.supersu file and no matter what it ALWAYS installs in systemless, which is the absolute worst idea to ever come to Android besides the screen notches, anybody else running into this issue or have another method that ACTUALLY works?
13th June 2018, 08:45 PM |#593  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,444
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETJAKEOC

I've tried every single zip file attached to this thread and even put the "SYSTEMLESS=false" in the /data/.supersu file and no matter what it ALWAYS installs in systemless, which is the absolute worst idea to ever come to Android besides the screen notches....

Lol - if you say so.
13th June 2018, 08:50 PM |#594  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Lol - if you say so.

Honestly though, give me a squared off screen, I love how Apple steals all these ideas from Android and then all of the sudden it's like Apple invented the wheel and everyone else follows suit.
13th June 2018, 10:20 PM |#595  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETJAKEOC

... or have another method that ACTUALLY works?

Look in this forum for the system mode version. It may or may not work depending on what version of Android you are using and whether your on stock or custom.

Sorry, thought this was the beta thread.

Seriously, you are installing from this thread and it installed systemless? How do you know for sure that it is a system install?


"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
13th June 2018, 11:01 PM |#596  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Look in this forum for the system mode version. It may or may not work depending on what version of Android you are using and whether your on stock or custom.

Sorry, thought this was the beta thread.

Seriously, you are installing from this thread and it installed systemless? How do you know for sure that it is a system install?


"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

How about the simple facts I can't write to /system and superSU tells me it's installed in systemless mode. Obviously I understand these are betas, I'm not a retard. I'm running ABC's latest ROM for the Nexus 6P, I ended up downloading the superSU zip from Chainfire's download and it solved all my issues.
14th June 2018, 12:11 AM |#597  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,444
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETJAKEOC

...I'm not a retard.

Nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 12:53 AM |#598  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Nice.

I'm one of those who finds that language particularly offensive since I care for my intellectually disabled (adult) child. Whose manners are often better than some neuro-typical individuals I've met.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETJAKEOC

... I'm running ABC's latest ROM for the Nexus 6P, I ended up downloading the superSU zip from Chainfire's download and it solved all my issues.

So the ABC ROM, as I guess you know, is Oreo. I am not sure why you would try to install a system mode root on it. I believe Oreo requires sbin mode and the beta SR5 release would be the right one. Maybe all of this frustration was because you didn't realize you were in the modified package thread... the same error I made earlier.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes