[SuperSU][System-Mode][2.82 SR5]

Votes: 189 55.4%

Votes: 210 61.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gitzolinick

Aug 21, 2016
SuperSU notifies me that the binaries need to be updated. Upon trying I am greeted with the message "update unsuccessful". When I ignore this notification, apps do not ask for superuser permission and superuser has no configured apps. Titanium backup tells me that it does have in fact root access (it lists busybox as roo acces?). I tried full unroot and installing 2.79 but my phone freezes after the boot animation. (full unroot, delete the app, reboot, reboot into recovery and install 2.79). Apps have perfect root acces though, the superuser app just doesn't log it. Is there an obvious solution to this?
Yes, don't update.

baskaflyfer

Nov 7, 2016
Saint-Petersburg
Hello)))
One question, I am the owner of Oneplus 3, the bootloader is locked, stock android 7.1.1 (beta17), the security patch May 1, 2017, system root works, but sometimes i have a little lags (freez) in system. Why it's happens (what could be the reason)???
And i apologize for my english:)

Last edited:

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
Google Pixel 5
Moto G 5G
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am one of the end users have persistent problems with SuperSu version 2.82. On my system
(TWRP rooted nexus 5 running stock 5.1.1 with xposed) the problem is reproducible every time I accept the Google Play offer to update my SuperSu to the offered 2.82 version. My phone works well with the currently installed SuperSu version 2.79, but with 2.82 every boot up is accompanied by an optimization of every installed app resulting in a reboot of just under 30 minutes. Unacceptable.

Since this is reproducible every time I accept the update, and since I have an up-to-date nandroid backup I am available to the developers if that would help resolve this annoying problem.

Aug 8, 2016
Lincoln
would like to obtain SuperSU-v2.76.img file.

PHone is Samsung SM-G935A. Fully rooted. Super SU installation is SuperSU PRO v2.82 with an older binary.
I really would like the su.img file for v2.82 so I could push it in using adb.
I keep getting the "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue" Nag notice.
The binary will not update if I try, however, I need to push the older binary to keep root.
I do believe that I could push in the 2.82 binary with adb if available as an .img file.
Any possibility of obtaining that image file?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Cancel that, obtain the 2.82 image file.
Sorry for the title goof.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Well well well, things are looking up.
As some of you know Chainfire has created an AROMA utility to configure SuperSU before flashing. My tests are as follows.

Flashed latest Validus 7.1.2 ROM on my G3. Kernel is permissive by default.
Flashed AROMA tool to set it up for system mode. Left all other options at defaults.
Flashed Chainfire's SU 2.82-SR3 which installed in system mode.
Much to my surprise the ROM booted up just fine. Great.

Wiped everything.
Flashed Validus.
Flashed SYSTEMMODE SU zip from this thread.
Once again ROM booted up fine.
Initially Settings was blank. Tried a few times (close, clear from recents, open again). Just rebooting cleared that up.
Great again.

Will test again on a ROM with Enforcing by default. If it doesn't work I will use the AROMA utility to force Permissive and see what happens. Most cases though it's usually secpolicy that determines if it'll work or not.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Last edited:

seong1

Feb 9, 2016
Hi, are you sure just flash your zip directly at recovery? Because after flash your supersu zip i cannot boot to the os

Top Liked Posts