FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[WIP][2016.03.14] Android N Preview - v2.70 [CLOSED]

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,202

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 13th March 2016, 06:16 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th March 2016, 02:56 AM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamentis

just search this thread and read, it's not so many pages and has been addressed in detail, at least up to the current state.

I have read most of the thread and have tried various things suggested by people in the thread but to no avail. The last time a similar issue was discussed in the thread was several days ago and there was no solution then, so was wondering if there anyone figured out anything. Thank you.

24th March 2016, 03:41 AM |#402  
Flag Al-Ándalus
Thanks Meter: 7,770

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artikle

I have read most of the thread and have tried various things suggested by people in the thread but to no avail. The last time a similar issue was discussed in the thread was several days ago and there was no solution then, so was wondering if there anyone figured out anything. Thank you.

nothing has changed over the last few days and mostly it's the apps that have to be updated, was last mentioned about 1-2 pages back and is state of the art
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magnamentis Ad-Free
24th March 2016, 07:41 AM |#403  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 2,888

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Does this persist after a reboot ?

It's not uncommon for this to happen after first install, the first boot. If it doesn't clear up, something is wrong, though.

It did persist across a reboot, both on 2.68 and 2.70. I won't have much time for tinkering until next week, but I'll try to replicate and grab some logs when I get an opportunity.
24th March 2016, 11:50 AM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 1,247

More
This version seems to work fine on my OPO running SlimSaber (6.0.1) . Only nitpick, looking at the logs:

Code:
- Flashing boot image
dd: writing '/dev/block/mmcblk0p7': No space left on device
4097+0 records in
4096+0 records out
16777216 bytes (16.0MB) copied, 0.040466 seconds, 395.4MB/s
1821+0 records in
1821+0 records out
7458816 bytes (7.1MB) copied, 0.131281 seconds, 54.2MB/s
@Chainfire : Should I worry about it? The system has booted after the update and root seems to work fine.
24th March 2016, 07:05 PM |#405  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,522

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombat wombat

Anyone got any ideas, I flashed the unencrypted android N on mutirom and it works perfect as a second ROM. Until I flash SuperSU 2.70 then it just hangs on the google screen. Any ideas.

Systemless has not worked for me on Secondary MM ROMs with Multirom. Sounds like the issue carried over to N-preview.

in the Secondary ROM try creating a text file "/data/.supersu" and put "SYSTEMLESS=false" into it and see if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to drewski_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drewski_1 Ad-Free
26th March 2016, 10:36 PM |#406  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Flashed on OnePlus Two + Resurrection Remix rom and it's working with no issues at all.

I'm on twrp 3.0.0-2 and i'm even using xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to urgali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift urgali Ad-Free
27th March 2016, 10:17 PM |#407  
Quote:

There are many apps in the Play Store that use supolicy. Are you sure you weren't using setenforce ? That seems to be the primary reason for removal ...

If Google didn't remove them yet, it doesn't mean they don't violate the rules. It's clearly said:
Quote:

After a regular review, we have determined that your app lowers a user’s device security by modifying or disabling SELinux on the device. To ensure a safe user experience for Play users, we have determined that apps with this functionality are noncompliant.

setenforce disables SELinux, supolicy modifies. Both are not allowed. Am I wrong?
My app was removed twice. The first time it was in April 2015 for using setenforce, the second time Google removed it in November 2015 for using supolicy. So the app was running with supolicy for about 7 months. I made about 20 updates for that period.

Can you consider adding the required policy to SuperSU?
Code:
supolicy --live "allow audioserver audioserver process execmem"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 04:44 AM |#408  
Flag Sudbury, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Note that you are also welcome to flash this SuperSU version on pre-N firmwares, and report back if everything still works as expected.

I've been using this (RC-SuperSU-v2.70-20160314191951) on my Note 3 (SM-N900W8) with Android 5.0, without any apparent issue, except for one. The only thing that I've noticed, is that the Logs tab within the UI is always empty; no logs are being shown. Other than that though, I've noticed no problems.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
31st March 2016, 10:06 AM |#409  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

setenforce disables SELinux, supolicy modifies. Both are not allowed. Am I wrong?

Unlike setenforce, supolicy isn't a standard command. It does nothing unless you are also running SuperSU.

There have been reasons to believe the setenforce thing is detected by a text scan of the decompiled APK, as someone got an app removed containing the string but the app never actually executed it.

As has been stated before, others have also had the experience that once their app was flagged, it kept being flagged, regardless of the issue being fixed or not.

I am not happy structurally opening a hole for everyone for this, nor am I convinced it will get your app off of Google's ****list.
31st March 2016, 10:53 AM |#410  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
N Preview RC BETA's have been rolled into the normal BETA releases. Continue in the BETA thread.

CLOSED
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread