[WIP][2016.03.14] Android N Preview - v2.70 [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
All code changes needed for N Preview have been rolled into the BETA releases starting v2.71 BETA. This thread is now closed. If a new N Preview release comes out, or N Final is released, this thread may be re-opened. For now, proceed to the BETA thread!

OLD CONTENT

This thread is dedicated to SuperSU on N Preview. With the first few releases I'm not merging it directly with the BETA branch, as there have been some invasive changes under the hood regarding SELinux handling, and there should be a little bit more testing done before going there. Still, I expect this to be done within the next week or two.

I've only had the chance to test on the 5X so far, so there is some risk involved. If you're not comfortable reflashing everything due to bootloops, crashes, etc, wait for others to play the guinea pig.

RC-SuperSU-v2.70-20160314191951.zip

As this hasn't been merged with the BETA branch yet, I'm not updating the main CF-Auto-Root distribution either. But as TWRP isn't working yet on all N Preview devices either, attached are test CFAR versions.

Note that you are also welcome to flash this SuperSU version on pre-N firmwares, and report back if everything still works as expected.

If you have tried other methods of rooting, you need to at least flash back your stock boot.img before flashing SuperSU.
Depending on how much you have played around, reflashing /system may also be a wise move.

If you came from SuperSU v2.69, you need to reflash via TWRP or CFAR. Installing just the APK and updating binaries will not fix all the issues!

Attachments

• CF-Auto-Root-angler-angler-nexus6p-v2.70.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 13,026
  • CF-Auto-Root-bullhead-bullhead-nexus5x-v2.70.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 9,168
  • CF-Auto-Root-shamu-shamu-nexus6-v2.70.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 8,678
  • CF-Auto-Root-flounder-volantis-nexus9-v2.70.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 2,801
  • CF-Auto-Root-flounderlte-volantisg-nexus9-v2.70.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 2,104
Last edited:

ohad129

Jan 25, 2013
Im using now phh should i flash over it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

williamx87

May 22, 2010
Louisville, KY
When trying to flash CF-Auto for Shamu using windows-fastboot i get a double oem unlock pop up on my phone after i click the first yes unlock although im already oem unlocked it will then pop right back up. to which my bootloader will then freeze for a few min then come responseive again but nothing was flashed i would receive a error while looking at the .bat it has the oem unlock twice in the codeing is this on purpose ?

Last edited:
Reactions: philemonjo

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Ohh yeah. Back in business
554e2dce4e0c625cc44874aa4e240e0a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
This thread is dedicated to SuperSU on N Preview. With the first few releases I'm not merging it directly with the BETA branch, as there have been some invasive changes under the hood regarding SELinux handling, and there should be a little bit more testing done before going there. Still, I expect this to be done within the next week or two.

I've only had the chance to test on the 5X so far, so there is some risk involved. If you're not comfortable reflashing everything due to bootloops, crashes, etc, wait for others to play the guinea pig.

RC-SuperSU-v2.69-20160313161431.zip

As this hasn't been merged with the BETA branch yet, I'm not updating the main CF-Auto-Root distribution either. But as TWRP isn't working yet on all N Preview devices either, attached are test CFAR versions.

Note that you are also welcome to flash this SuperSU version on pre-N firmwares, and report back if everything still works as expected.

If you have tried other methods of rooting, you need to at least flash back your stock boot.img before flashing SuperSU. Depending on how much you have played around, reflashing /system may also be a wise move.
Thank you @Chainfire! Does this root method reside in the System Partition, or is it Systemless. Also, do we need to type in adb commands in TWRP before installing to force Systemless installation?
Thank you again:laugh:

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4
Hey Chainfire!

Just a few question again from one of your supporters:p
Is it possible to receive OTA's after rooting N with your method? Or is their another way (like for example via your app "Flashfire")?
And can you flash new preview builds over a rooted build?

Thank you in advance :)

Displax

Jan 19, 2015
Ukraine - Kyiv
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hey Chainfire!

Just a few question again from one of your supporters:p
Is it possible to receive OTA's after rooting N with your method? Or is their another way (like for example via your app "Flashfire")?
And can you flash new preview builds over a rooted build?

Thank you in advance :)

Android N OTA`s - it`s full system images, so it doesn't matter your device rooted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All code changes needed for N Preview have been rolled into the BETA releases starting v2.71 BETA. This thread is now closed. If a new N Preview release comes out, or N Final is released, this thread may be re-opened. For now, proceed to the BETA thread!

OLD CONTENT

RC-SuperSU-v2.70-20160314191951.zip

If you have tried other methods of rooting, you need to at least flash back your stock boot.img before flashing SuperSU.
    Depending on how much you have played around, reflashing /system may also be a wise move.

If you came from SuperSU v2.69, you need to reflash via TWRP or CFAR. Installing just the APK and updating binaries will not fix all the issues!
    --- reserved ---
    N Preview RC BETA's have been rolled into the normal BETA releases. Continue in the BETA thread.

CLOSED
    For root app devs and interested users: N Preview: Surviving Your Trip To Mount Doom - https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/dGPQytapwe3
    --- more reserved ---