FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

xmodgames issue with supersu

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By alecz2012, Junior Member on 8th March 2015, 10:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I have SuperSU Pro 2.46 installed on a lifetab P8912.
Everything worked and I got checked with rootchecker that everything works fine.

Xmodgames also starts with the message that it has root permissions granted.

The ClashofClans mod has a problem: "Mod start fails. Please confirm XModgames is authorized with root permission".

What can I do ? Does anybody else encounter the same problem or fixed that already ?

THANKS a lot for your help,
Alecz
The Following User Says Thank You to alecz2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alecz2012 Ad-Free
 
 
8th March 2015, 12:25 PM |#2  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz2012

The ClashofClans mod has a problem: "Mod start fails. Please confirm XModgames is authorized with root permission".

This should be brought to the attention of the developer of "ClashofClans" -- it might be looking for 'su' at a hard-coded path. You could test for this (and perhaps even fix the problem for you) by copying or linking '/system/xbin/su' to other common paths -- such as '/system/bin/su'.

At a terminal enter:

which su

It should reply '/system/xbin/su'.

Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Westlake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Westlake Ad-Free
8th March 2015, 04:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unhappy
hmm, thanks , but perhaps I didn't find the right shell to work with:

I do not have write access to that folder /system/bin

Shall I chmod 777 to that folder, at least temporary ?

Sorry for not having worked since a long time on linux..
8th March 2015, 06:19 PM |#4  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz2012

I do not have write access to that folder /system/bin

That partition is normally mounted for reading only, not for writing. Remount it as writable, copy the file, then remount as read-only again:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin
mount -o remount,ro /system

The SuperSU installation script will delete that copy when you flash the update again so it isn't permanent, and there is only a small chance that this is the problem.

Frank
8th March 2015, 06:42 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi Frank,
your mount description worked fine, but still I get the error when starting the mod from xmodgames.....

Perhaps you got another tip or trick .....

THX
Alex


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

That partition is normally mounted for reading only, not for writing. Remount it as writable, copy the file, then remount as read-only again:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin
mount -o remount,ro /system

The SuperSU installation script will delete that copy when you flash the update again so it isn't permanent, and there is only a small chance that this is the problem.

Frank

8th March 2015, 09:15 PM |#6  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz2012

Perhaps you got another tip or trick .

In a terminal, run

logcat -c

Then run the application which is failing to get root; then immediately after it fails run

logcat -d > /sdcard/dump.txt

Then examine '/sdcard/dump.txt' to see if it contains an error message which might help.

Frank
8th March 2015, 11:18 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi Frank,
done, but in the txt file it is a bunch of - at least for me - magic !
I can find lotz of krsdk stuff, looks like a former try of kingroot is still existant and might prevent something there, or perhaps that's because xmodgames is checking for kingroot ...
Really do not know .....

Anyway,
I think I am getting closer , but still the last mile to take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

In a terminal, run

logcat -c

Then run the application which is failing to get root; then immediately after it fails run

logcat -d > /sdcard/dump.txt

Then examine '/sdcard/dump.txt' to see if it contains an error message which might help.

Frank

9th March 2015, 12:32 AM |#8  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz2012

...looks like a former try of kingroot is still existant and might prevent something there, or perhaps that's because xmodgames is checking for kingroot ...

That's a very reasonable guess. I assume that you rooted with Kingo Root then replaced that with SuperSU. Maybe Kingo Root is still active on your device. Maybe SuperSU did not install and the root checker found Kingo's 'su'. Take a good look at both installations and try to figure out what is there. Does the SuperSU Android application run? See if 'su' will tell you whose it is by running

su --version


Frank
9th March 2015, 07:33 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Kingroot didn't work when I tried it, therefore I went through the SuperSU installation.
su --version gives me
"2.45:SUPERSU"

Best regards,
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

That's a very reasonable guess. I assume that you rooted with Kingo Root then replaced that with SuperSU. Maybe Kingo Root is still active on your device. Maybe SuperSU did not install and the root checker found Kingo's 'su'. Take a good look at both installations and try to figure out what is there. Does the SuperSU Android application run? See if 'su' will tell you whose it is by running

su --version


Frank

9th March 2015, 11:58 AM |#10  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
I can't see what's happening from here but the cause could very well be the incomplete KingRoot attempt. It might be that your solution is to revert to stock to remove that Kingo stuff then root again using the procedure that succeeded.

Frank
18th March 2015, 05:36 PM |#11  
demoakka's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
i have same problem as OP, i have moto e stock 5.0.2 rooted with supersu can anyone help me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes