Complaint Section - NO SWEARING!!

Search This thread

RandumAccess

Jan 4, 2009
I locked the thread because of the language, not for the complaints.

Let me say that this has been done because every theme can be run on any rooted phone. Since this is the case then themes need to be moved to the "general" theme section since they can be put on any device.

I don't mind the complaints, but the language in which yall choose to voice yourselves is not acceptable.

Stericson
Well since complaining is fine....
POST COMPLAINTS HERE BUT WITHOUT THE LANGUAGE!!!!!
Then it wont get deleted!
:D

Ill go first:
I Hate the way android and windows mobile combine!
I hate the new move!
It was dumb because the original one was fine! and i was on it since the beginning!
now i gotta add more bookmarks where as all i had before was one for it all:
Dream - That was all i needed... it seems to clutter my part up now and that stinks! lol

Complaint away!!! lol

Last edited:

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
Well like I said, there was no point in keeping all the themes seperate when they, so far, work on any device.

As for having a hard time finding them, you just need to have your theme dev label his thread correctly to help you sort through them.

People always hate change, no surprise :)

RandumAccess

Jan 4, 2009
Well like I said, there was no point in keeping all the themes seperate when they, so far, work on any device.

As for having a hard time finding them, you just need to have your theme dev label his thread correctly to help you sort through them.

People always hate change, no surprise :)

they DID label them before the move and they do not run on any device lol

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
Yes they run on any rooted phone with the appropriate rom loaded.

:)

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
Like I said, youd have to be running those roms :)

but your phone is capable of running them. If your running a hero rom, then look for the themes marked Hero.

If your running cm rom, look for any g1/mytouch theme....

Stericson

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
in that case i will have to look for hero rom as i have hero and in here i see 100 of themes in them only 10 for hero. dont u think this is difficult to search for these?

and if there is a quation of rom compatibility then how come u r saying every theme will run in every phone?

and 1 more thing... its not that i will leave this forum if u keep theme section like this but the thing is that maximum users are complaining this new system. this forum is for the users and if max users complain about this then whats the point of keeping it?

cheers man.

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
A phone is strictly a piece of hardware, and any rooted phone, with the appropriate rom(software) loaded, can run any of these themes.

And yes there are only about 10 hero roms, there are not many of them.

And no I dont find it difficult, as I've looked on the first two pages and found them, clearly marked with "Hero"

Stericson

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
Stericson, I completely see your point about the merging of the theme areas. I have a MyTouch and browsed the Dream Theme area regularly (and almost never visited the Magic Theme area). While this does lead to a certain bit of confusion by putting everything in the same area (just as the Magic 32a/b rom differentiation gets confusing). Would it be possible that when a dev posts their rom, have all of the rom details in the first post, and all of the supported themes in the 2nd post? Granted, this would probably cause alot of work on everybody's part, but it would make our whole environment better as everything corresponding to a rom would be in a single place.

Now, I know what you're thinking. With this, we'd have to worry about the clutter in the Dev forums; however, what about breaking up the Dev forum to have it be strictly a place for Dev's to work and brainstorm, then setup a seperate area strictly for releases/contributions. I don't know, just an idea.

Ps. For an example of the 1st post Rom, 2nd post Themes, check this out by Enomther. A couple people got posts in between his, but you get the idea.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=538456

Last edited:

ratcom

Mar 1, 2005
Nottingham, England
If only life was that simple

A phone is strictly a piece of hardware, and any rooted phone, with the appropriate rom(software) loaded, can run any of these themes

Sorry but this statement is simply not true. A theme designed for the same hero rom running on both the dream and hero will NOT run on both. A good example is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572151 I also think its very clear that the mass majority of htc "android" users are against this move, whats more is that a simply poll on each android themes section would of made this clear and could of avoided the trouble we android users now face.

Oh and I DO understand that clearly labelled post could avoid any problems but that fact remains that most if not all themes moved are not labelled with there device name included.

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
I make Themes for Hero. I don't think they work on any other device.
For every ROM you must change anything/many things.

No, guys, so I didn't want to use this section to release my themes.

It's hard work.

In the forum "HTC Hero THEMES and Apps" there must be this themes placed...
Give me one of the themes in this new section, that works on an Hero!
Thats completely.....ouhhh!

If I can spell english so good as german I could better explain, what I mean.

srt4mn

Jul 23, 2009
MN
Putting all the themes for "Android" was a bad idea. Plain and simple.

Yes they run on any rooted phone with the appropriate rom loaded.

:)

Your argument would hold if there was a Cyanogen ROM that COULD be used on the Hero, which there isn't.

I don't know who's bright idea it was to put all the android themes together, but it did not help in any way, no matter how much you argue.

AGx-07_162

Mar 5, 2009
A phone is strictly a piece of hardware, and any rooted phone, with the appropriate rom(software) loaded, can run any of these themes.

And yes there are only about 10 hero roms, there are not many of them.

And no I dont find it difficult, as I've looked on the first two pages and found them, clearly marked with "Hero"

Stericson

Well consider the fact that not every (and probably no) developer is going to have every Android device and therefor cant test and verify that their theme runs on whatever device. Even if they are all running the same rom you are asking us to assume that they will work for any device with a compatible rom. I dont think that will be the case honestly. But either way, it still begs the case of organization. It would still be more organized to have sub-forums for things like themes on a device to device basis and if the dev finds that their theme works for different devices and chooses to add a thread under another devices themes forum that should be their choice.

There is a reason that personal computers group system sounds in a system folder and give you the option to store your music in a different place. Its more organized!

skulkiller

Nov 19, 2007
Well putting all the android thems to gether has just made it a huge mess ...

Instead of having a nice overview i need to go search for themes and i will miss new themes this way :(

Place restore the android theme sections as they where so a seperate theme section for every device.

RandumAccess

Jan 4, 2009
anyone else notice the contradictions that happened when stericson talks???

HAHA

you are in a battle with your own statements, which in my opinion... do not make sense when put together cause they say 2 different things lol

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
If I have to add another bookmark its no big deal. The g1 theme section is a mess either way because of all the different builds out for the g1. I was gonna suggest that they make submenu's for different builds such as cyanogen, dwang, hero etc. Either way its no biggie to me.

c-tang

Jan 15, 2008
Virginia Beach, VA.
Said it before say it again.. Went from working and clean to cluttered and not working so well. Dont know why they wont change it back as I have not seen anyone who likes it better this way. Thought the whole reason for a fourm is to see what the people like and want.... well its pretty clear what we all want we want it to be the way it was. it was working just fine...

ratcom

Mar 1, 2005
Nottingham, England
If I have to add another bookmark its no big deal. The g1 theme section is a mess either way because of all the different builds out for the g1. I was gonna suggest that they make submenu's for different builds such as cyanogen, dwang, hero etc. Either way its no biggie to me.

So let me get this right..... the old dream theme section was a mess and could of benefited from splitting into even more sub sections but now that 3 different devices theme section have been merged to make a bigger mess.... its no biggie?!
Sorry you really have lost me with that one....

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
Sorry but this statement is simply not true. A theme designed for the same hero rom running on both the dream and hero will NOT run on both. A good example is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572151 I also think its very clear that the mass majority of htc "android" users are against this move, whats more is that a simply poll on each android themes section would of made this clear and could of avoided the trouble we android users now face.

Oh and I DO understand that clearly labelled post could avoid any problems but that fact remains that most if not all themes moved are not labelled with there device name included.

If I put this rom on my G1 then yes it will run on my phone. I know very well how themes work and the limitations provided by them.

For now, we will move the hero themes back.

Stericson