FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] 5.0.* CyanogenMod 12.0

268 posts
Thanks Meter: 594

By Quallenauge, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th December 2014, 09:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Quallenauge: CM-12.0 alpha version for the Archos G9 80S device
Hi, if anyone would like to run a 5.0.1 Google OS on a Archos G9 80S device (and currently basically verified only with this), download and extract the file
18_03_2015-20_58_50.7z

Installation (tested only with linux) :
- reboot into SDE menu and under "Format System" perform a "Reset Android & Storage" to clear all data of previous installations (this is really important for the first installation. Updating a existing installation (same major version) doesn't require this step !).
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu -> "Export Data Partition"
- mount this usb drive
Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/local
sudo cp archos.ext4.update <Mount_Path>/local/archos.ext4
sudo sync
sudo umount <Mount_Path>
- wait until the unmount process is done
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
- Wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android prepares the system for a while .....be patient at least ~20 minutes for the first run!

What's new ?
  • ------------ since 18_03_2015-20_58_50 -------------
  • tiler size modifications within kernel, suggested by stevemp (thanks!)
  • CM updates.
  • ------------ since 15_03_2015-22_26_59 -------------
  • Netflix and widevine fixes from stargo (thanks!)
  • CM updates.
  • ------------ since 09_02_2015-22_26_59 -------------
  • Only CM updates.
  • ------------ since 12_12_2014-21_41_41 -------------
  • Initial release.
  • Kernel got some zram optimizations.

Rebuild: All used revisions for this release are stored in a separate folder in the archive.

Additions:
Archos Control Panel App from @mordesku: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=88

@CM community @all the cool omap4 hackers where I taken some code and inspirations !!!
Without these peoples, It would not so easy to make some (working) builds of the CM-12.0.

Archive:
15_03_2015-22_26_59.7z
12_12_2014-21_41_41 / 12_12_2014-21_41_41 (devHost)
09_02_2015-22_26_59.7z

XDA:DevDB Information
Archos G9 CyanogenMod 12.0, ROM for the Archos Gen9

Contributors
Quallenauge
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 12_12_2014-21_41_41

Created 2014-12-12
Last Updated 2015-03-18
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free

13th December 2014, 10:30 AM |#2  
Dankeschön

I now understand why TI exited the mobile SOC market - How can they expect to sell new stuff when the OMAP4xxx just won't die!

I shall give this one a whirl, It'll be good to get my archos off of the stock ICS.

I'm assuming you've dropped the recovery nonsense for that moment then?
is selinux off?

Is adb on a first boot? as I would recommend that folks leave it hooked up the computer after flashing that
way you can run adb logcat so you know what is going on. It sure beats watching a boot animation for ~20 minutes.

IIRC the 2012 nexus 7 took about 10 Minutes to boot so it's not far off.

I see you forked hotplugd! Let me apologize for the code quality, I was young and foolish and didn't know what I was doing ..
I think I might revisit it at some point or at least delete it lol

Anyway If I've got a bit of time / motivation I might have to have a cheeky hack on this , now that you've done all the hard work! .

I hope you don't mind but I've also given the file some re-hosting love just uploading it to devhost and androidfilehost too. I figured the space might aswell get used for something useful.. I'lll post the links when it's complete.

Hack On!
trevd

@Quallenauge dev-host link. If you want to add it to the first post. http://devhost.xda-developers.com/96J
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trevd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trevd Ad-Free
13th December 2014, 01:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Installed and i must say it's working really good
13th December 2014, 01:56 PM |#4  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwatter

Installed and i must say it's working really good

Hahahah! BI ZAR! I check the forum for my Archos 101 Gen9 Turbo once every X months, and checked it today and see LOLLIPOP / CM12?! GREAT!

And whats the status? I use the tablet a lot still, so what is NOT working?
Edit: Flashed it to a Archos 101 Gen9 Turbo, and all is working, and fast as hell. GREAT!
13th December 2014, 04:43 PM |#5  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Thumbs up
I came from Freezenook's ROM BUILD7 (VERY happy user) but now tried this:
A MA ZING!
How fast and cool this Lollipop is on our (old) Archos (101) Gen9 (Turbo) tablet!!!

For now only compliments and almost everything seems to work, and this is a major and recommended step! Great OS this Lollipop!

Tested
Speed: Good (17.106 AnTuTu 5.3)
Sound/Video: Yes
Touch: Very good
Camera: Yes
Battery: Good
Size: Lot of free space (3 - 4 GB free!)
Memcard: NOT TESTED YET
USB: Yes (with Archos Panel app (USB & deep sleep))(USB storage works)
MicroUSB: Only charging (no devices?)
HDMI: NOT TESTED YET
Headphone: Yes (low volume though)
Apps: Some apps I normally use on my tablet and phones (KitKat or older) are not (yet?) compatible, and cannot install. I really miss some, like Archos Video (Free)(MediaCenter.apk). Is it possible to port this APK to our new Lollipop, I would love that. And the other apps are just not there yet I guess (busy making them Lollipop compat)?
13th December 2014, 06:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 747

More
Thanks a lot !!
14th December 2014, 11:03 AM |#7  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 612

Donate to Me
More
Supergeil!!!

Still amazing to see that you're still at it @Quallenauge
I will definitely flash it as soon as I have time.

The only concern I have is the USB Port. Does it stil work in 5.0 ? For me it didnt in 4.4, so I flashed back as I needed my Archos to read my Media USB-HDD. I have a 101S btw.

Well as soon as I have flashed it, I am going to test it and try a few things, hope I'll get it working
14th December 2014, 11:47 AM |#8  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Hi trevd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevd

This is not a "nonsense". But it doesn't reflect my current needs. It would be cool to have a standard recovery image to format the data partition with f2fs (The kernel should support it right now!).

Quote:

is selinux off?

Yes. Currently I doesn't know how to enable selinux rules, because "rootfs" isn't the mounted loop device but the "real" root. So the file nods are forced to "ubject_r:unlabeled:s0" which doesn't fits.

Quote:

Is adb on a first boot? as I would recommend that folks leave it hooked up the computer after flashing that
way you can run adb logcat so you know what is going on. It sure beats watching a boot animation for ~20 minutes.

Yes, ADB is turned on by default. I don't like it, when my device doesn't be verbose

Quote:

I see you forked hotplugd! Let me apologize for the code quality, I was young and foolish and didn't know what I was doing ..

Yes, the old binary is bound to an older libsigchain.so. So I had to recompile it. The code quality is far better than my output So thanks for your work!

I have an issue with the ril implementation. Mobile signal is turned on, but the datakey pppd stuff is not called. Do you have an idea whats going wrong - where can I look.
Should I use your implementation from android_hardware_ril_libarchos_ril ?

Quote:

@Quallenauge dev-host link. If you want to add it to the first post. http://devhost.xda-developers.com/96J

[/QUOTE]
Done. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 11:48 AM |#9  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Dankeschön

I now understand why TI exited the mobile SOC market - How can they expect to sell new stuff when the OMAP4xxx just won't die!

I shall give this one a whirl, It'll be good to get my archos off of the stock ICS.

is selinux off?

IIRC the 2012 nexus 7 took about 10 Minutes to boot so it's not far off.

Anyway If I've got a bit of time / motivation I might have to have a cheeky hack on this , now that you've done all the hard work! .

I hope you don't mind but I've also given the file some re-hosting love just uploading it to devhost and androidfilehost too. I figured the space might aswell get used for something useful.. I'lll post the links when it's complete.

Hack On!
trevd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilse

Supergeil!!!

Still amazing to see that you're still at it @Quallenauge
I will definitely flash it as soon as I have time.

The only concern I have is the USB Port. Does it stil work in 5.0 ? For me it didnt in 4.4, so I flashed back as I needed my Archos to read my Media USB-HDD. I have a 101S btw.

Well as soon as I have flashed it, I am going to test it and try a few things, hope I'll get it working

External USB drive isn't supported right now. I will have a look, when I have some free time ( and after fixing the RIL mobile data connection stuff ).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
14th December 2014, 04:03 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quallenauge

Hi, if anyone would like to run a 5.0.1 Google OS on a Archos G9 80S device (and currently basically verified only with this),

Wow, excellent! Thank you!

Could you please, write what you know that definitely doesn't and does work, as you did for older CMs?
Does ART work? Could CM 10.2 be updated to 12, or should we erase everything like with clean CM installation? HDMI?
14th December 2014, 05:31 PM |#11  
Flag Amsterdam

More
@nilse: Yes USB (inc drives/storage) works (via Archos Panel app)!
@Bor-ka: Always do a full format/erase/factory settings etc, for SURE with a major leap like CM11 > CM12 or MORE!!

See my older post for a test of all hardware etc!

And again: Some apps I normally use on my tablet and phones (KitKat or older) are not (yet?) compatible, and cannot install. These apps are just not there yet I guess (busy making them Lollipop compat)?
I really miss some, like Archos Video (Free)(MediaCenter.apk). Is it possible to port this APK to our new Lollipop, I would love that!
The Following User Says Thank You to hackwerk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackwerk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)