FORUMS

[ROM] 5.1.* CyanogenMod 12.1

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 598

By Quallenauge, Inactive Recognized Developer on 24th April 2015, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Quallenauge: CM-12.1 alpha version for the Archos G9 80S device
Hi, if anyone would like to run a 5.1.x Google OS on a Archos G9 80S device (and currently basically verified only with this), download and extract the file
16_12_2015-16_26_24

Installation (tested only with linux) :
- reboot into SDE menu and under "Format System" perform a "Reset Android & Storage" to clear all data of previous installations (this is really important for the first installation. Updating a existing installation (same major version) doesn't require this step !).
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu -> "Export Data Partition"
- mount this usb drive
Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/local
sudo cp archos.ext4.update <Mount_Path>/local/archos.ext4
sudo sync
sudo umount <Mount_Path>
- wait until the unmount process is done
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
- Wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android prepares the system for a while .....be patient at least ~20 minutes for the first run!

!!Update!!: If you have already installed CM12.0 then it may possible that you don't have to delete the data partition. You only have to copy the kernel/initramfs and ext4 file. I use the command for the last step:
Code:
adb push archos.ext4.update /data/media/ && adb reboot
What's new ?
  • ------------ since 16_12_2015-16_26_24 -------------
  • Added usual CM updates. -> Also this release include the latest security fixes.
  • ------------ since 05_08_2015-05_48_32 -------------
  • Added usual CM updates. (See included changelog for details) -> Also this release include the latest security fixes.
  • Added the 99Performance file from BlackGunZ Big thanks!
  • ------------ since 31_05_2015-19_39_10 -------------
  • Added usual CM updates. (See included changelog for details)
  • Add *some* memory improvements, suggested by trevd (big thanks!)
  • *Maybe last release*
  • ------------ since 23_04_2015-22_05_13 -------------
  • Initial release.
  • Re-Enabled Non-PIE Support to support the gps module.

Rebuild: All used revisions for this release are stored in a separate folder in the archive.

Additions:
Archos Control Panel App from @mordesku: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=88

@CM community @all the cool omap4 hackers where I taken some code and inspirations !!!
Without these peoples, It would not so easy to make some (working) builds of the CM-12.1.

Archive:
31_05_2015-19_39_10
23_04_2015-22_05_13

XDA:DevDB Information
Archos G9 CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Archos Gen9

Contributors
Quallenauge
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-24
Last Updated 2015-04-24
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 12:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Thanks for keeping this old tablet going! I'll give it a try this weekend.
24th April 2015, 11:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawiler

Thanks for keeping this old tablet going! I'll give it a try this weekend.

Hi Quallenauge,
I've tried installing this version, but it just goes to a black screen for over 1/2-3/4 hour. I've tried downloading from both sites and checked the MD5SUMs and everything checks out. I went with a clean install.. I've installed your previous versions without any problems. Any ideas?
thanks
Nevermind, I tried a different computer and it worked this time
25th April 2015, 07:25 PM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 598

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawiler

Hi Quallenauge,
I've tried installing this version, but it just goes to a black screen for over 1/2-3/4 hour. I've tried downloading from both sites and checked the MD5SUMs and everything checks out. I went with a clean install.. I've installed your previous versions without any problems. Any ideas?
thanks
Nevermind, I tried a different computer and it worked this time

Mostly this error comes into play if the kernel&initramfs step or the update package is transferred and the mass storage drive is not cleanly unmounted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
26th April 2015, 09:56 AM |#5  
@Quallenauge I knew I should have waited as I've just built cm-12.0 .... I even used your build environment script. Slightly unorthodox but it gets the Job done

Anyway couple of notes from my side .. a bit of dex_preopting does wonders for the boot time

In the full_archos_g9.mk or similar
Code:
WITH_DEXPREOPT := true
WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC := true

PRODUCT_DEX_PREOPT_BOOT_FLAGS := --compiler-filter=everything
PRODUCT_DEX_PREOPT_DEFAULT_FLAGS := --compiler-filter=everything
$(call add-product-dex-preopt-module-config,services,--compiler-filter=everything)
Not 100% sure that WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC is required I threw it in anyway...

I also read up on low memory optimizations ( tricks/hacks ) , dropped all the wallpapers and a ton other other apps that I'm not using
It's pretty smooth ... That can be done at runtime by anyone who is feeling brave .

Hackon folks!
trevd
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trevd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trevd Ad-Free
27th April 2015, 10:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevd

@Quallenauge I also read up on low memory optimizations ( tricks/hacks ) , dropped all the wallpapers and a ton other other apps that I'm not using. It's pretty smooth ... That can be done at runtime by anyone who is feeling brave .

Hi @trevd, I always follow your advice therefore I wonder what changes have you applied to optimize this rom? Could you give us any clue?

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 12:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
@Quallenauge First, thank you for your great port and efforts ! God bless you.

I found how to fix the root problem by doing some researches. For so, I edited the following line persist.sys.root_access which is present in build.prop file like this :
Code:
persist.sys.root_access=1
After a reboot, my tablet is correctly rooted and Archos Control Panel enables normally the deep sleep mode at boot.

Have a good day !
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGunZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackGunZ Ad-Free
13th May 2015, 03:36 PM |#8  
Flag Lyubertsy
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Hi! Any chance, to use working USB Stick?
15th May 2015, 10:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGunZ

I found how to fix the root problem by doing some researches. For so, I edited the following line persist.sys.root_access which is present in build.prop file like this

Hey, could you explain how you do that?

I have CM 12.1 installed on my Archos 80 G9, ADB is working and when I use 'adb shell' I'm supposedly root but can not write to /system.
I can pull the build.prop and change it, but I don't know how to put it back onto /system.
15th May 2015, 12:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esque

Hey, could you explain how you do that?

I have CM 12.1 installed on my Archos 80 G9, ADB is working and when I use 'adb shell' I'm supposedly root but can not write to /system.
I can pull the build.prop and change it, but I don't know how to put it back onto /system.

Of course ! The most secure method is to edit the build.prop with CM File Manager.

Before, using ADB put this command after "adb shell" to mount your /system partition RW. After, do the steps I said below :
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
First, open the file manager. Then, access to the app's options by taping on its icon at the left and choosing after that its settings icon, which is present at the left down side. Go to Advanced section and tap on Access mode next, choose Root access by this way the app will ask root permissions and a pop-up will appear to accept it. You will be redirected to the root (/ directory) of your Archos, scroll down again and go to /system directory. Screenshots :

Secondly, tap on your build.prop file and open it with the file manager's text editor. Choose the line persist.sys.root_access, delete the "3" value and put "1" instead. Screenshots :

Finally, save the file and reboot your phone. VoilĂ  !
15th May 2015, 03:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esque

Do not forget to change file ownership and permission after pushing it back - or else you'll get a bootloop.
Since you do not know how to remount filesystem, I'd second @BlackGunZ and recommend using any root file editor on android to avoid bootloops and reflashing android (as opposed to adb pull/push).
The Following User Says Thank You to Bor-ka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bor-ka Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)