huawei ascend G6 root method!

Search This thread

Traceuralex

Jun 22, 2013
4.3?? RootGenius

Can´t root whit android bigger than 4.2.2? i Have android 4.3 and root genius just tells me my phone is too solid. Is there another way to root whitout having to downgrade the version of android?
thanks!

Jinnaytive

Jan 25, 2016
Hi!
1 go to the link
http: //emui.huawei.com...p? id = unlock & mod = detail site in English
2 agree to the terms put a tick in press (next)
3 go further on the phone dials * # * # 2846579159 # * # *
see the box in which we can learn from his / n and imei
rewrite them somewhere else or store
exit the menu Utilities
4 on page data entry in the first column select (smart)
in the next window the model of your phone, if your model is not then, do the following manipulation
A) choose any model from the list
on the right mouse button click on the box model selection in the drop down box, choose (see code elements)
look for the line selected model
deploy it by clicking on the icon on the left of the lines and are looking for in the list of the model you have chosen before
further change in the line model name on its 2 locations to make it easier on
after you have changed the model in the model selection window should appear in your model
select it and begin to enter their data and serial bear it all clear on introducing id which consists of 8 digits
id can be found if you dial * # * # 1357946 # * # *
enter the verification code and get your unlock code which you will use when you unlock the bootloader on
Hopefully clearly explained and helped Anyway I got this way.

I am sorry I am from Russia and I do not know disguised as a google translator
If you have any questions please write to e-mail melnikovandrey@live.com Спасибо!

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi everyone,

In this post I've made a list of, most used, working root methods.
    To unroot: use SuperSU and simply press "unroot"
    This post will be updated!
    You will also find all the updates about G6 development on our facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/328261053999820

This post isn't longer up to date! Latest news, questions, and root tutorials:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/328261053999820/

note:
    there are a few versions of the Huawei Ascend G6 (G6-U10, G6-U00 etc.)
    So I cant test these and other root methods on all the versions.
    request our own XDA sub forum here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354

Working root methods, sorted descending, best one first:

RootGenius
    Download
    How to & bugs:

follow this guide to root
    note: after rooting you can replace KingUser with your favourite superuser acces manager, recommend SuperSU
    • Working on the following models: G6-U00, G6-U10, G6-L11
    • Easy to use
    • You need a Windows pc to run RootGenius, or use a virtualbox in another OS

If RootGenius can't connect with your phone try to use an other version of RootGenius

Bugs:

Towelroot
    Download
    How to & bugs:

note: after rooting you need to install a superuser acces manager, I recommend SuperSU as first choice.
    • Working on the following models: G6-U00, G6-U10*, G6-L11
    • Easy to use
    • You don't need a pc to install towelroot

Bugs:
    - On the G6-U10 you can't read&write your memory after you reboot. It seems to be a problem with the SU.
    permanent fix:
    Root your phone with towelroot and unstall SU and update you binary. Don't reboot!
    Connect your rooted device with your PC and re-root it with RootGenius. RootGenius will sucessfully reroot your device and push
    Kinguser to your device.
    - If you remove Kinguser your memory r&w problem will popup!
    easy temporary solution:
    Root your phone with towelroot and install a SU, but don't reboot, if you reboot you will get the bug.
    If you have the bug: unroot your phone with superSU, reboot, and use my temporary solution.

Vroot
    Download
    How to & bugs:

note: after rooting you can replace 授权管理 with your favourite superuser acces manager, I recommend SuperSU
    • Working on the following models: G6-U00, G6-L11
    • Easy to use
    • You need a Windows pc to run Vroot, or use a virtualbox in another OS

Bugs:

Kingo
    Download
    How to & bugs:

note: after rooting you can replace KingUser with your favourite superuser acces manager, I recommend SuperSU
    • Working on the following models: G6-U00, G6-L11
    • Easy to use
    • You need a Windows pc to run Kingo, or use a virtualbox in another OS

Bugs:

If you want to want to report a bug, or a working root method, please leave a comment, including your phone model!(G6-***)

special thanks to:
    GeoHot
    Chainfire
    Mihir Patkar
    zhuhang
    xBeerdroiDx
    Denny Luu
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/328261053999820
    https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiAscendG6
    Tested only on models G6-U10 and G6-U00! Requires an unlocked bootloader!
    Instructions:
    1. Download and unpack the contents of the ADB in the root of drive C [Download]
    2. Download the CWM [Download] or TWRP [Download]
    3. Copy the downloaded file to the root folder ADB
    4. Connect your phone to the computer in Fastboot (Bootloader).
    5. When holding the Shift key, right click on the folder ADB and select the "Open Command Window"
    6. At the command prompt, enter without the quotes "fastboot flash recovery cwm.img" (Where there is marked in blue, enter the name and extension of your file)
    7. Press Enter and you're done. (Phone can be loaded into Recovery mode follows on the machine is off, hold down the VOL + and Inclusion)
    Original recovery Huawei G6-U10 [Download]
    Original recovery Huawei G6-U00 [Download]
    I am sorry but I can not add links, I have 10 messages please write me an email^ melnikovandrey@live.com

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I have a custom firmware for models G6-U00, G6-C00.
    Query

Do all those rooting methods leave the bootloader Locked as it seems to have happened with my G6-U10 after rooting it with Kingo?
    I first tried to unroot it with RootGenius with no success than I used Towellroot that blocked my internal memory and after having removed the root with SuperSu I finally rooted it successfully with Kingo.
    Thanks
    I thought I`d successfully rooted my G6-L11 with Kingo and installing SuperSu afterwards, but Titanium Backup did not worked propperly, even the pro versión, telling that there was not enough space for Apps backup. (wich was impossible though).

Finally I rooted again with "KingRoot" and everything works fine so far. I did not even remove the previous root. I uninstalled SuperSu manually and kept "KingUser" as super user App.

I hope this could be useful for someone.

Regards
    Hi Shgut, how was you be able to unlock the bootloader on G6-U10? I'm not able to find how to do that.
    Hi!
    1 go to the link
    http: //emui.huawei.com...p? id = unlock & mod = detail site in English
    2 agree to the terms put a tick in press (next)
    3 go further on the phone dials * # * # 2846579159 # * # *
    see the box in which we can learn from his / n and imei
    rewrite them somewhere else or store
    exit the menu Utilities
    4 on page data entry in the first column select (smart)
    in the next window the model of your phone, if your model is not then, do the following manipulation
    A) choose any model from the list
    on the right mouse button click on the box model selection in the drop down box, choose (see code elements)
    look for the line selected model
    deploy it by clicking on the icon on the left of the lines and are looking for in the list of the model you have chosen before
    further change in the line model name on its 2 locations to make it easier on
    after you have changed the model in the model selection window should appear in your model
    select it and begin to enter their data and serial bear it all clear on introducing id which consists of 8 digits
    id can be found if you dial * # * # 1357946 # * # *
    enter the verification code and get your unlock code which you will use when you unlock the bootloader on
    Hopefully clearly explained and helped Anyway I got this way.

I am sorry I am from Russia and I do not know disguised as a google translator
    If you have any questions please write to e-mail melnikovandrey@live.com Спасибо!